PDA

View Full Version : ST Limited Windshield Suggestions

Slybird
04-27-2013, 12:28 AM
A week ago, my wife traded in her 2010 RT-AC for a 2013 ST Limited and misses her larger windshield. We'd appreciate any suggestions or leads for a good "larger" windshield for the ST. Thanks for the leads!

Howard1941
04-27-2013, 06:56 AM
I bought an extra large windshield from Cal-Sci. It is great. No distortion.

www.calsci.com/motorcycleinfo/SpyderSTprod.html

Check it out.

mjw930
04-27-2013, 07:03 AM
Right now the only options are the CalSci and factory touring shield. Be forewarned, the CalSci optical clarity is not at the same level as the factory shield but it does not suffer from the distortion the factory shield does due to the top lip.

my wife thought the same until she used the factory shield for a while. We added the lower deflectors and the air pocket is pretty close to perfect. She came from a GS with the barn door factory touring shield so that says a lot about how far they have come with aerodynamics on the ST.

Howard1941
04-27-2013, 09:36 AM
I have no problem with the optical clarity of the Cal-Sci windshield. Maybe I should go have my eyes examined!

Sarge707
04-27-2013, 12:31 PM
I have no problem with the optical clarity of the Cal-Sci windshield. Maybe I should go have my eyes examined!

:agree: And I just had a Eye exam- Calsci windshields are on BOTH my Spyders!

Bryk
04-28-2013, 07:08 PM
I have a calsci on my ST and I am absolutely amazed. Cleanest air ever on any bike!

spyder-dude
04-30-2013, 07:42 PM
I got the XL tall and XL wide CalSci delivered to my hotel at Spyderfest. I must say that the ride home was much better with the taller windshield. No problems with clarity but I am 6'4" and may try to get a size smaller as it is a very tall windshield and with it in all the way down position I can just see over the top of it.

keepercreek
05-07-2013, 05:01 AM
I got the can am touring windshield and love it .The stock windshield messed with my head.It had to go

Sny
05-07-2013, 08:58 AM
I went with the Touring windshield from BRP as well. All the way down it's like the stock one down one notch, good for low speed hot weather. When it's all the way down it gives nice shoulder protection for me as well.

All the way up it's great on the interstate. I'd say about 3-4" taller than stock in the same position. It's about 2" wider overall, and 4-5" taller overall (it's about 1" lower down than stock as well)

And it looks like it belongs. I didn't really like the way the Calsci windshields looked, too triangular or something. They're excellent products tho, purely an aesthetic thing for me.

MMMII
05-07-2013, 01:24 PM
I went with the Touring windshield from BRP as well. All the way down it's like the stock one down one notch, good for low speed hot weather. When it's all the way down it gives nice shoulder protection for me as well.

All the way up it's great on the interstate. I'd say about 3-4" taller than stock in the same position. It's about 2" wider overall, and 4-5" taller overall (it's about 1" lower down than stock as well)

And it looks like it belongs. I didn't really like the way the Calsci windshields looked, too triangular or something. They're excellent products tho, purely an aesthetic thing for me.

Sny, would you mind posting some pics in full up and down positions? If you have the stock to place against it as a benchmark, that would be helpful too.

I'm thinking about the touring windshield as well but not convinced yet..

Thanks in advance!

flamingobabe
05-07-2013, 08:44 PM
Thanks for the info here...I've been concerned about the wind mangement on the ST....I'm 5 and 1/2 inches foot tall....so I have just the oppisite problem as most you....my shoulders and arms are getting bet up with the wind....I tend to lean out over the handlebars during curves, turns, and twisties....now it takes my breathaway....I just ordered a Cal-Sci medium X wide....