PDA

View Full Version : Elka's

jthornton
04-26-2013, 06:15 PM
This is Jon from Elka installing Stage 1 + R shocks on my RT. What a difference they make. Note the knee pad made from bubble wrap. This is at 6:30 on Wednesday evening... it is rumored that Jon had to pack his knee in ice at night...

JT

spyder3
04-26-2013, 06:39 PM
Just give him some shirley temples at night and hes good to go:roflblack:

Netminder
04-26-2013, 07:56 PM
John is a fantastic guy who goes above and beyond when it comes to client service!:thumbup::thumbup: Love my Elkas!

Bob Denman
04-26-2013, 08:51 PM
John, When I get home and order those LenBrackets; I'm gonna call you for installation advice! :thumbup:

Trooper
04-30-2013, 09:58 AM
It wasn't so bad installing shocks when the weather was nice, but Friday and Saturday were brutal. Kneeling in an inch of water and blowing wind for 8 hours was a little trying. :sour:

jthornton
04-30-2013, 10:11 AM
John, When I get home and order those LenBrackets; I'm gonna call you for installation advice! :thumbup:

No problem, I'll talk you through the install.

JT

jthornton
04-30-2013, 10:12 AM
It wasn't so bad installing shocks when the weather was nice, but Friday and Saturday were brutal. Kneeling in an inch of water and blowing wind for 8 hours was a little trying. :sour:

I was on my way home Friday and thought that I should have went to a hardware store and got you a 2" knee pad when I was running the wife around.

Thanks for the tips on the shocks and it was great to meet you.

JT

Trooper
04-30-2013, 10:42 AM
I was on my way home Friday and thought that I should have went to a hardware store and got you a 2" knee pad when I was running the wife around.

Thanks for the tips on the shocks and it was great to meet you.

JT

Thanks for the thought, but sometimes you just gotta play with the cards you are dealt. I did the best I could with what I had and was happy to try and help people despite the weather.

muonwhiz
04-30-2013, 10:43 AM
This is Jon from Elka installing Stage 1 + R shocks on my RT. What a difference they make. Note the knee pad made from bubble wrap. This is at 6:30 on Wednesday evening... it is rumored that Jon had to pack his knee in ice at night...

JT

I also got the same Elkas for my RT at Spyderfest, and have the Ron sway bar also. The ride home certanly felt smoother. Have you adjusted yours yet?

joet82
04-30-2013, 11:05 AM
John, even though you're canadian, I don't hold that against you and know you're a great guy. But there are some people who need to think before asking for an install. It was 40-50 degrees outside combined with wind and rain...

ask yourself this before asking John to install. Would you install yours in that weather?

jthornton
04-30-2013, 02:36 PM
I also got the same Elkas for my RT at Spyderfest, and have the Ron sway bar also. The ride home certanly felt smoother. Have you adjusted yours yet?

The Elkas were adjusted perfectly by Jon or is it John I can't remember :opps:

JT

kinggeek
04-30-2013, 05:00 PM

Thanks for sticking in there it had to be rough! Thanks for installing the shock relocators on mine the made the ride even better than before. Truly enhanced the ride combined with the Elka's you put on last year and the BajaRon Anti-Swaybar.

I know that every Spyder you touched at Spyderfest made the owners very happy. :bowdown: