PDA

View Full Version : Road warrior kit. What do you have? What do you wish you had?

eaglemrpaul
04-25-2013, 04:20 AM
When driving on day trips or cross countrys, what do you have in your minor repair or emergency kit? Since experience is the kind of thing you wish you had 15 minutes ago, after an event is there something that you've added that you think no one should be without?

joet82
04-25-2013, 05:36 AM
First, get Fred Rau's book, the motorcycle bible, or something along those lines. It will answer all the basic questions for road trips.

As for my personal checklist:

Helmet
Jacket & vest
Rain pants
12v charger
Phone
Water/vitamin water
Snacks
Gallon gas can
Cold weather gear - forecast dependant
Change of clothes in eddie bauer bag - straped to passenger seat
Directions, if needed
Gas tank bag, if a longer trip

And a few other things I may have forgotten. I don't always take everything. It depends on distance and forecast.

NancysToy
04-25-2013, 07:13 AM
Cell phone
Road Service
Credit Cards
Cash (stashed away in envelope for emergencies)
Spare Key
Stop-n-Go Tire Plugger
Small Compressor
Spark Plugs
Heat Sink Compound
Additional Tools (for bodywork, plugs, convenience)
Gorilla Tape
Zip Ties
Multimeter
Oil
Funnel
Spare Gas
Stabil
Loctite

asp125
04-25-2013, 09:55 AM
.. add

JB Weld

Had a friend go down on his bike and cracked the case cover. We JB Welded it, topped off the oil, and he was able to ride another 200mi to our destination.

Chupaca
04-25-2013, 11:01 AM
what I don't see is a compact first aid kit..and small fire extinguisher. I may always think not only of myself but I know the rider along the way may not be as well prepared..we ryde some not well traveled roads..maybe just me..!!:ohyea:

NancysToy
04-25-2013, 11:50 AM
what I don't see is a compact first aid kit..and small fire extinguisher. I may always think not only of myself but I know the rider along the way may not be as well prepared..we ryde some not well traveled roads..maybe just me..!!:ohyea:

I do carry a first aid kit, but never a fire extinguisher on a motorcycle. Pressurized cylinders need more protection than a motorcycle can provide, in my opinion. Besides, it is nigh on to impossible to put out a fire under full bodywork...even if you could safely get to the extinguisher, which is hard on a small vehicle with the storage right next to the things that are likely to burn. JMHO