PDA

View Full Version : Looks like I'll join the ranks

Warlock
04-24-2013, 05:30 PM
Should be selling my Valkyrie this coming Saturday. My wife rides a 12 RT SE5. I found a sweet deal on a 10 RS SE5 in Shreveport, La and put a deposit on it. Will be Tuesday before I can pick it up. Wife went thru her first chemo today and seeing how she does. It's a white one with 6700 miles on it. Only mods I can see by the pictures is a passenger back rest and aftermarket speakers. Got a lot of mods to do to make it to my liking. Will post pictures when I get her home next week.
David (Warlock)

Johnny_Swindle
04-24-2013, 05:33 PM
When you pick the bike up and if traveling near Ponchatoula, LA give me a shout......

Should be selling my Valkyrie this coming Saturday. My wife rides a 12 RT SE5. I found a sweet deal on a 10 RS SE5 in Shreveport, La and put a deposit on it. Will be Tuesday before I can pick it up. Wife went thru her first chemo today and seeing how she does. It's a white one with 6700 miles on it. Only mods I can see by the pictures is a passenger back rest and aftermarket speakers. Got a lot of mods to do to make it to my liking. Will post pictures when I get her home next week.
David (Warlock)

Chupaca
04-24-2013, 05:34 PM
Hope all goes well with your wife...congrats on the new ryde. Sounds like a great find and bearly broken in..will wait for photos...!! :popcorn:

Warlock
04-24-2013, 05:56 PM
When you pick the bike up and if traveling near Ponchatoula, LA give me a shout......
Got some friends I ride with from your neck of the woods.
David

ARtraveler
04-24-2013, 06:03 PM
:congrats: on the new ryde. :thumbup:

Bob Ledford
04-24-2013, 06:07 PM
David (Warlock)

Good lck with it and hope your significant handles "chemotherapy well. My spouse haas been cancer free going on two years now.

spydaman60
04-24-2013, 07:59 PM
the past eight months the misses has gone through total hysterectomy, staging surgery and five rounds of chemo. two weeks away from the last round of chemo. great prognosis---hope yours is the same!!!:pray::pray::pray: for your better half and congrats on the new addition.:thumbup: if your wife ever needs anyone to talk to, pm me and i'll have carol talk with her!!!

SPYD1
04-24-2013, 08:05 PM
Congrats on your:f_spider:. Best wishes for your wife's fast recovery.:pray:

kubie
04-24-2013, 08:21 PM
:agree::agree::agree: And have Fun!!!And Im :pray::pray::pray: For her And you!

Warlock
04-24-2013, 08:49 PM
Thanks for all the support for my wife. And glad for the ones who has beaten cancer. My wife had her surgery about 5 weeks ago. None found in the lymph nodes. Doing 8 sessions of chemo just in case. She has been a champion thru this. Makes me look up to her.
David

Raknid
04-24-2013, 09:51 PM
My prayers for your wife. I hope she comes through chemo with flying colors..the bike stuff will work itself out.

SpyderRx
04-24-2013, 10:48 PM
Great to hear. We need to get together soon

Spidergirl
04-25-2013, 01:10 PM
:congrats:on your new ryde. My hubby rides a valkyrie also. He is not ready to give that up. I hope your wife will be ok. Chemo is hard on everyone in the family. She sounds like a trooper though, which is good. Attitude is a big part of recovery.:)

Warlock
04-25-2013, 03:24 PM
:congrats:on your new ryde. My hubby rides a valkyrie also. He is not ready to give that up. I hope your wife will be ok. Chemo is hard on everyone in the family. She sounds like a trooper though, which is good. Attitude is a big part of recovery.:)
The body will wear out before the Valkyrie will. Got bad knees and going to go to 3. Love my Valkyrie, but getting too heavy. Almost bought a 2000 Valkyrie I/S this morning for less than $10,000.00 but decided to go ahead and get the Spyder instead. She is a winner in my book. Will be married 39 years this December.
David

Warlock
04-25-2013, 03:27 PM
Great to hear. We need to get together soon
Will do. I still have the exhaust system. Not going to put it on my bike. Might see if I can make a trade with someone on some accessories.
David