PDA

View Full Version : Garage Door Remote

billybovine
04-24-2013, 01:33 PM
I am setting up my new ST Limited up to my liking. I can't seem to find a good location for my garage door remote. On my GS there was a perfect location under the handlebars. It was out of sight and easy to get at. Cannot seem to find anything similar on the ST. Any ideas?

ARtraveler
04-24-2013, 01:37 PM
I carry mine in the glove box. Out of sight and out of mind. Does the ST have one of those?

billybovine
04-24-2013, 01:41 PM
No it doesn't. It would have been nice if it did.

ARtraveler
04-24-2013, 01:46 PM
No it doesn't. It would have been nice if it did.

Seems that is an accessory they should have? I learned something new again today. :thumbup:

bcoulter19
04-24-2013, 02:49 PM
I carry mine in the inside pocket of my riding jacket. I never take it out. It's always right there when I reach for it and I never have to worry about anyone taking it or messing with it.

tobor9
04-24-2013, 03:16 PM
On Sofia's RT it's velcrod to the underside of the dash cowling,on my RS it's under the windshield cowling(Madsted windshield) both are out of weather but easy to use.

krzychick
04-24-2013, 03:43 PM
HELLO MY FRIEND...STRESS NO MORE, THERE IS A GREAT PRODUCT CALLED FLASH TO PASS....WE HERE AT RIVCO PRODUCTS SELL IT ON THE RODE ONLY AT RALLYS...BUT WHEN THE SEMI RETURNS HOME,MAY 8TH.. IF THERE IS ANY AVAILABLE I COULD POSSIBLY SELL YOU 1....IT IS A UNIT THAT IS LINKED INTO YOUR GARAGE DOOR...AND WHEN YOU FLASH YOUR BRIGHTS FROM THE BIKE...OR CAR...THE GARAGE DOOR OPENS, AND OR CLOSES...IT IS AWSOME AND IT WORKS GREAT EVERY TIME...WE SELL A BUNCH AND I HAVE IT AS WELL AND LLLLLLOOOOOOVVVVVEEEE IT !!!! KRZY CHICK;)

I am setting up my new ST Limited up to my liking. I can't seem to find a good location for my garage door remote. On my GS there was a perfect location under the handlebars. It was out of sight and easy to get at. Cannot seem to find anything similar on the ST. Any ideas?

Pennyrick
04-24-2013, 03:45 PM

Check out the underside of the dash on the RT in my signature photo.

See the two openers velcroed to the bottom? One opens the gate to our property and one opens the garage. They've been there for over a year and have never moved.

They have survived torrential rains, 100 degree heat and 25 degree cold and are still hanging on tight.

Phantom888
04-24-2013, 03:50 PM
I hard wired mine with a simple push button from radio shack to the transmitter. Then I put the transmitter behind the cluster. No need to be facing the garage door to open or close it. As I back my spyder into my garage.

Justryde
04-24-2013, 05:14 PM

My Solution

Chupaca
04-24-2013, 05:21 PM
what kind of opener you have, most companies offer a key ring version which are very easy to place on the bike...that's what I use...!!:thumbup:

SPYD1
04-24-2013, 07:27 PM
On Sofia's RT it's velcrod to the underside of the dash cowling,on my RS it's under the windshield cowling(Madsted windshield) both are out of weather but easy to use.
Same here.

gnirtsnod
04-24-2013, 08:08 PM
HELLO MY FRIEND...STRESS NO MORE, THERE IS A GREAT PRODUCT CALLED FLASH TO PASS....WE HERE AT RIVCO PRODUCTS SELL IT ON THE RODE ONLY AT RALLYS...BUT WHEN THE SEMI RETURNS HOME,MAY 8TH.. IF THERE IS ANY AVAILABLE I COULD POSSIBLY SELL YOU 1....IT IS A UNIT THAT IS LINKED INTO YOUR GARAGE DOOR...AND WHEN YOU FLASH YOUR BRIGHTS FROM THE BIKE...OR CAR...THE GARAGE DOOR OPENS, AND OR CLOSES...IT IS AWSOME AND IT WORKS GREAT EVERY TIME...WE SELL A BUNCH AND I HAVE IT AS WELL AND LLLLLLOOOOOOVVVVVEEEE IT !!!! KRZY CHICK;)

krzychick is right. Flash to pass is a great solution. Wire in the transmitter to your bright light switch and the receiver into the garage door opener and then all it takes is a bright-dim-bright combination and the garage door responds - open or close.

billybovine
04-24-2013, 08:41 PM
Thanks everybody for your ideas. I am going to get a key fob type remote and try Justryde's spot on the blank accessory switch first and see if I like it. If it does not suit me I will try something else.

Macca
04-24-2013, 09:41 PM
I put a momentary button in the speaker grille and just soldered telephone line to the garage remote.67028

ThreeWheels
04-25-2013, 04:53 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1C-Bxifv2Pk

Bob Ledford
04-25-2013, 09:39 AM

I AMA RTL owner so forgive my ignorance, I keep mine in the center faux gas tank so called glove box which is so small you are hard pressed to store air in it.

krzychick
04-25-2013, 11:00 AM
WOW IT'S NOT EVERYDAY I HEAR THAT I AM RIGHT:hun:"you talking bout me":ohyea:... THANKS !!KRZY CHICK:rolleyes: especially working at a motorcycle accessorie company !!! MEN, MEN, MEN, MEN, MANLY MEN, MEN,.....HA HA !!!!:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::r oflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

krzychick is right. Flash to pass is a great solution. Wire in the transmitter to your bright light switch and the receiver into the garage door opener and then all it takes is a bright-dim-bright combination and the garage door responds - open or close.

billybovine
04-25-2013, 03:11 PM
I put a momentary button in the speaker grille and just soldered telephone line to the garage remote.67028

May try that if I don't like what i have done.

billybovine
04-25-2013, 03:12 PM
I AMA RTL owner so forgive my ignorance, I keep mine in the center faux gas tank so called glove box which is so small you are hard pressed to store air in it.

No glove box on the ST.

shooter
04-27-2013, 05:25 PM
May try that if I don't like what i have done.

I did the same on my wife's GS. Works great.

samewok
04-27-2013, 05:42 PM
I hard wired mine to a puss button switch and mounted under left speaker cover.

diesel-dawg
04-29-2013, 03:45 PM
You can get a generic FOB size transmitter with 3 buttons on it and program it up 3 different garage doors...which I have done. I have it in my glove box, but it could easily be glued under handle bars or any small space; would have to weather proof it, but clear plastic would do the trick.

billybovine
07-11-2013, 06:40 PM
I had stuck a key fob remote onto one of the accessory switch blanks and well I didn't like it. I finally found some switches that I liked and wired in a three button remote.

Thanks for the suggestions.