PDA

View Full Version : Is it Possible to Be Done with Mods & Farkles?

DR Buck
04-23-2013, 08:46 PM
I think I have reached the end of my MODs & Farkles. :roflblack: I am afraid to add up what I have spent on them in the year I've owned the Spyder. Not counting the almost $70,000 toyhauler we had to have after we got the Spyder it's an obsene amount of cash thats gone into farkles.

As of today, a year and 7 days after picking up the RT Limited I can't think of anything additional I want to do to it. I updated 'my mods' thread with all of my lateds updates. Click on the link here or the one in my signature block to see the latest and possibaly the last. :dontknow:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?39494-DR-Buck-s-2012-RT-Limited-Mods&p=454500&viewfull=1#post454500

NancysToy
04-23-2013, 08:57 PM
Did you get your brake problem fixed?

SpyderWolf
04-23-2013, 09:07 PM
don't worry, once you think you are done something else will come along that you just have to have. :roflblack:

SpyderDen
04-23-2013, 09:15 PM
I think I have reached the end of my MODs & Farkles. :roflblack: I am afraid to add up what I have spent on them in the year I've owned the Spyder. Not counting the almost $70,000 toyhauler we had to have after we got the Spyder it's an obsene amount of cash thats gone into farkles.

As of today, a year and 7 days after picking up the RT Limited I can't think of anything additional I want to do to it. I updated 'my mods' thread with all of my lateds updates. Click on the link here or the one in my signature block to see the latest and possibaly the last. :dontknow:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?39494-DR-Buck-s-2012-RT-Limited-Mods&p=454500&viewfull=1#post454500

Where are the Elkas?

mcaccamise
04-23-2013, 09:26 PM
And the new shock relocators the list just keeps going on and on i love farkleing.
Mike

mcaccamise
04-23-2013, 09:35 PM
Im sure theres a 2013 RT Limited that needs some love
When im done with all my mods and i get board its time to move on and start on a new machine sometime i think im more of a farkeler than a rider,love to ride but the addons are an addiction.

elixermixer
04-23-2013, 09:37 PM
:roflblack: Done :roflblack:

Chupaca
04-23-2013, 09:40 PM
you've been to busy farkling to notice all the new stuff available.. Pay attention they don't stop coming up with new stuff. I now avoid going into sites for fear there is something new...!! Caution my friend....:lecturef_smilie:

DR Buck
04-24-2013, 05:35 AM
Did you get your brake problem fixed?

Yep. I reshaped the clamps to force the cable to where it needed to be.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=67003&d=1366799680

YIRYDE
04-24-2013, 07:25 AM
Can you post a side view picture of your candy red metal castings with the bike fully assembled?

Thanks,

Motorcycledave
04-24-2013, 10:31 AM
You will find if you work hard you will never be done...

sonicsix
04-24-2013, 12:03 PM
I like my Spyder just as it came, no need for all that attention getting stuff. The Spyder does that well enough on its own. I did add a GPS mount on the dash and a 12v receptacle but that was for function, not style. To each their own, though.

ARtraveler
04-24-2013, 02:10 PM
I don't think the :spyder2: is ever done when it comes to farkles.

asp125
04-24-2013, 02:22 PM
The only time it "ends" is when the next upgrade is a new Spyder. Then it starts over again; it's like the circle of life.

retirednick
04-24-2013, 06:29 PM
Only things done to mine are the cup holder and Veterans plate. Who needs mods when they have so lttle time to ryde?

Bob Denman
04-24-2013, 06:57 PM
:yikes: No more farkles??? :yikes:

SPYD1
04-24-2013, 08:06 PM
don't worry, once you think you are done something else will come along that you just have to have. :roflblack:
Exactly!!!!

Spidergirl
04-25-2013, 01:16 PM
Sorry you are never done with Farkles. When you think you are done, some other cool thing comes along.:dg2:

HuckFin
04-25-2013, 01:56 PM
I like how you qualified your location (Fauquier County, Va.) as the most carefully pronounced County in Va...But why are Virginians not as carefull on how they pronounce Norfolk? :opps:

I was stationed in Virginia back in the early 60s so maybe its pronounced different now.

Bob Denman
04-25-2013, 08:37 PM
Well I've been back to the trough for some fresh farkles...:thumbup:
I bought a half a hunk of sheepskin for MY end of the seat (She's on her own!)
Today I grabbed a set of the adjustable air deflectors (Chrome!) They are pretty darn slick! I set them in the middle postion, and it really did close the airflow in around me. A very functional upgrade!

DR Buck
04-25-2013, 08:40 PM
Well I've been back to the trough for some fresh farkles...:thumbup:
I bought a half a hunk of sheepskin for MY end of the seat (She's on her own!)
Today I grabbed a set of the adjustable air deflectors (Chrome!) They are pretty darn slick! I set them in the middle postion, and it really did close the airflow in around me. A very functional upgrade!

You need to open that wallet and dig deep to catch up Bob. :roflblack:

Bob Denman
04-25-2013, 08:53 PM
It's pretty obvious that there's a lot of folks out there who really take great pride in personalizing ther bikes! :thumbup: I've seen bikes so gorgeous that it almost made me cry! :shocked:

DR Buck
04-27-2013, 09:30 PM
OK, abstainment therapy is not working. :banghead: I went to the BRP Can AM day at out local Spyder dealer today. Got to meet and talk with lots of other Spyder owners. I also got to look at their Spyders. :ohyea: I saw some with farkles I don't have and want. :pray:

I'll be placing a few orders in the next week. :dg1:

SpyderDen
04-27-2013, 10:29 PM
OK, abstainment therapy is not working. :banghead: I went to the BRP Can AM day at out local Spyder dealer today. Got to meet and talk with lots of other Spyder owners. I also got to look at their Spyders. :ohyea: I saw some with farkles I don't have and want. :pray:

:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Arr MiHardies
04-27-2013, 10:51 PM
I thought I was done... then I saw pics of some customer fenders and air channels from spyderfest I'm considering. I bet they're quite expensive though.

SpyderWolf
04-29-2013, 11:30 AM

Bingo! Thinking you are done never lasts for long. :thumbup: