PDA

View Full Version : Newb looking to get a ST Limited

mseymour67
04-23-2013, 06:32 PM
Hello all.....I am new here, and looking for some feedback from Limited owners. I currently ride a Harley and saw a ST Limited yesterday at the local dealership.....and immediately fell in love with it. I was wondering if anyone made the jump from a two wheeler to the Limited and how they like it or don't like it. I have been eyeballing the Spyders ever since they came out, and I really think the ST Limited is going to be my new ride soon. Any feedback is welcome, as I am totally new to the three wheel scene. I look forward to reading all replies. THANKS

Chupaca
04-23-2013, 06:57 PM
I came from a sport wing to a roadster RS. Can't speak for RT's but the whole ryding a spyder is awesome. Have never looked back and don't miss it at all..test ryde one and you will see. Once you learn them you will love them...!! :ohyea:

BentGamer
04-23-2013, 07:37 PM
Welcome.
Just don't expect it to handle like your Harley, otherwise you might be a bit put off by it. To me the Spyder feels like a real fast Quad. The more you ride it the more fun it will be. Remember just "place" your hands on the bars. The Spyder will just about steer itself. Good luck and have fun.

SC Chill
04-23-2013, 08:14 PM
Came from a VTX1800. Cut my left finger off. Found the spyder. Bought an ST Limited about a month ago. Glad to be riding again after 2 1/2 years. Took about 10 miles to stop the motorcycle habits. Only have about 300 miles on her, but she is great. No clutch lever, no foot down, no worrying about your passenger shifting at a stop light, just ride. Even the Harley riders are interested in hearing about the ride. You won't regret your decision. Couldn't see going back to 2 wheels. Very happy with the ST.

The Wanderer
04-23-2013, 09:36 PM
I was away from riding for about ten years and still had friends who rode, decided to try the ST-L and love it. Rode about 50 miles last weekend with a couple of Harley riders. They are beginning to come around. I love my ST-L, take a ride I think you will too.

mseymour67
04-24-2013, 06:25 AM
Thanks for all the input and opinions guys.

SPYD1
04-24-2013, 06:48 AM
You will enjoy it and this forum. Great peeps.

hellridgeryder
04-24-2013, 07:01 AM
I traded my softail for an RT Limited. I missed the HD for about 5 minutes after the dealer delivered the Spyder and picked up the softail. The Spyder delivers a great riding experience. Enjoy.

aviscomi
04-27-2013, 06:21 AM
Hello all.....I am new here, and looking for some feedback from Limited owners. I currently ride a Harley and saw a ST Limited yesterday at the local dealership.....and immediately fell in love with it. I was wondering if anyone made the jump from a two wheeler to the Limited and how they like it or don't like it. I have been eyeballing the Spyders ever since they came out, and I really think the ST Limited is going to be my new ride soon. Any feedback is welcome, as I am totally new to the three wheel scene. I look forward to reading all replies. THANKS

I too am a Harley owner FLHX (Streetglide) and I recently bought a ST Limited (Black Currant). I didn't get rid of my Harley I just added another toy to my garage. The main reason for the ST purchase was for long distance (600+ miles) 2-up riding; my hands have been suffering from severe Carpal Tunnel and holding on to the Harley for extended periods was painful. There wasn't much of a learning curve for me due to the fact that I had race ATV's for a number of years. I will be taking the ST on my 1st long ride next week, leaving from the Philly area and riding to Florida. I make this ride every year on my Harley, so I'm anxious to compare how the ST compares.

Ron Parks
04-27-2013, 07:03 AM
I just went on a nice 150 mile ride yesterday on my ST-S SE5. I love the cruise control! I now have 1,300 miles on my bike and had the lower balljoint replacement and now it steers very nicely. I saw 34 other bikes during my ride yesterday. Two were Goldwing trikes and one Harley trike, and a nice Spyder RT. One was a sidecar rig...probably a Ural. Pretty much everyone waves back. The ones least likely to wave are the sport bike guys, who are all crouched over and probably worn out from having to hold themselves up. I love the upright relaxed seating on the ST.

Paulf10
04-27-2013, 07:41 AM

For what it's worth, I have never heard anyone ever regret moving up to a Spyder. The more you ride one, the more you appreciate all the advantages. My last few new bikes were a 2003 Softail, then a 2004 HD Classic, then a 2009 Ultra Classic, then a 2009 Goldwing. With the exception of the 2009 ultra classic (serious design flaws causing your leg to burn) I liked them all. My favorite was the 2009 Goldwing for its quickness, speed, and long distance comfort. Having said that, none of them compare to a Spyder. Apples and Oranges really. Just not fair to the two wheelers to make a comparison. Also ( and this is just me) it took me about 2,000 miles to get use to the Spyder, especially on the highway. I've ridden bikes all my life and avg about 25k miles a year on them. So there was a lot to unlearn. But even the learning curve was fun! Bottom line...... Do it! As others on here told me, you will never regret it!

mseymour67
04-29-2013, 07:29 AM
Thanks for all the input and stories of how you made the switch. I test rode the ST Limited Saturday, black currant. Really liked the stability and everything the bike has to offer. Later that day they got in a pearl white Limited that was absolutely amazing looking. Now all I have to do is sell my Harley. Of course there are some folks that have given me some grief about wanting to make the switch, but oh well they aren't the ones riding it...LOL.