PDA

View Full Version : New Luggage Rack and Backrest for the Spyder!!

Mad Matt
05-16-2008, 09:26 AM
This is the 3D model of the Kewlmetal Spyder Luggage rack and backrest setup. This setup mounts the same way as the BRP rack and backrest by inserting into the end of the frame underneath. Our design allows you to have the rear passenger backrest AND still retain full functionality of the luggage rack. The rack plate shown is the medium size plate (this is not necessarily the final artwork, there will also be spyder web racks), there will be a larger plate available for longer trips, and you can also remove the plate leaving the mounting base underneath which will carry a small item and also will still mount the backrest. We will also be making adaptor plates to mount GIVI trunks, etc. I will have the first set of metal parts in a week or 2.

http://www.chromegarage.com/pics/matt/001/assembly-spyder-rack.jpg

Mad Matt :spyder: ;D

Danimal
05-16-2008, 09:41 AM
How about a unit that mounts into the stock BRP rack... that then allows the stock seat to snap into the NEW rack?

Am I making sense?

Make a unit that snaps into the BRP rack... that has the extended rack parts.... and THEN allow the stock BRP backrest to snap into your part.

Or make your Rack in such a manner that the stock BRP backrest can snap into it.

The BRP backrest isn't that expensive and looks really sharp. I doubt anyone will be making a backrest that will look as good as the stock unit..... seems to me the real problem is with the rack... not the rest.

Maybe even a saddlebag adapter that snaps in and allows the stock backrest to mount ontop of it?

Lamonster
05-16-2008, 04:49 PM
I like it :bigthumbsup: :doorag: :spyder:

3Y4Fun
05-16-2008, 04:58 PM
I like your new rack and backrest. I think the stock units are too expensive for what you get ($400 for rack and $250 for backrest). When will they be available and how much will they cost?

Star Cruiser
05-16-2008, 05:04 PM
The BRP backrest isn't that expensive and looks really sharp. I doubt anyone will be making a backrest that will look as good as the stock unit..... seems to me the real problem is with the rack... not the rest.

$499.99 for the luggage rack and $312.49 for the backrest. You need both of them and with the backrest, you don't have use of your luggage rack. Sounds like $812.48 for a backrest. I agree it looks great, but I wouldn't say "it isn't expensive" :cop:

SPYMAN
05-16-2008, 05:08 PM
I like it also, Hope its avalible soon!!!!

SPYMAN

3Y4Fun
05-16-2008, 05:10 PM
I also like that it will be able to take a Givi bag.

Smylinacha
05-17-2008, 05:44 PM
:bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:MOST EXCELLENT! I was at my dealer today doing the demo ride and I canceled my backrest order and I'm so glad I did - I will be buying yours - it's much nicer looking and more functional!

Roaddog2
05-17-2008, 09:04 PM
:spyder: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

Danimal
05-17-2008, 09:59 PM
What I meant was the stock backrest isn't the expensive part of the deal.... the rack unit is.

So why not just create a different rack system that is compatable with the stock backrest.. which is only $250 or less here in the US.