PDA

View Full Version : Picked up the new 13 on Saturday, and

wis2013rtltd
04-22-2013, 11:24 AM
all I can say is wow.... My wife and I rode 200 miles this weekend, and this machine is incredible. Handles and drives great, and lots of folks give the thumbs up sign. A few minor things I have observed:
1. Engine break in is harder than I thought, as far as no cruise, varying rpms's and no heavy throttle.
2. It really likes the 5-6000 range for shifting, does not like to be under 3500 rpms
3. Need a comfort seat, even with the factory floorboards, I would like to be back another inch or two for comfort.
4. The sound system is amazing, I-pod is locked and loaded.
5. GPS works great, and bluetooth feature is handy.
6. Dealer is incredible, knows what their doing, and had a great experience.

Ill keep you posted as I ride, plan to do lots of riding in Northern Il. and Wisconsin.

Ill post some photos shortly...

I have learned alot from this site, hope to provide feedback as I am able.

SPYD1
04-22-2013, 11:26 AM
Congrats

harrypottar
04-22-2013, 12:17 PM
:congrats::welcome:

harry

Bob Ledford
04-22-2013, 12:34 PM
enjoy the new ride and keep us posted.

JJW SpyderRider
04-22-2013, 12:41 PM
Congrats! :welcome:

If you are ever in the Woodstock, IL area stop by Jim Potts motor sports and ask about the Woodstock Spyder Riders. We do a lot of rides in your area.

jerpinoy
04-22-2013, 12:45 PM
:congrats:to your new ride, Another happy :spyder2:owner:yes::yes:. Ride safe,enjoy and God bless.

krzychick
04-22-2013, 12:46 PM
WE WOULD LOVE TO SEE :shocked:YOUR AWSOME NEW 2013 SPYDER...STOP IN AT RIVCO PRODUCTS WE ARE ON HWY 83.IN BURLINGTON WI...LET US KNOW WHEN YOU ARE COMING !!!! WE WOULD LOVE TO MEET YOU, THANKS KRZYCHICK;)

all I can say is wow.... My wife and I rode 200 miles this weekend, and this machine is incredible. Handles and drives great, and lots of folks give the thumbs up sign. A few minor things I have observed:
1. Engine break in is harder than I thought, as far as no cruise, varying rpms's and no heavy throttle.
2. It really likes the 5-6000 range for shifting, does not like to be under 3500 rpms
3. Need a comfort seat, even with the factory floorboards, I would like to be back another inch or two for comfort.

Ill keep you posted as I ride, plan to do lots of riding in Northern Il. and Wisconsin.

Netminder
04-22-2013, 12:48 PM
:congrats:Happy (s)miles!

ChrisSpyder11
04-22-2013, 01:07 PM
:congrats: on the new Spyder! Enjoy!

JayJay
04-22-2013, 01:17 PM
:congrats: Welcome to the Spyder nation !! I to took delivery of my 2013 RT this past weekend but unfortunately no 200 miles for me :(. I am as enthusiastic as the next person but I refuse to have my first spyder ride in the freezing cold (literally). All the best and ride safe!

Spyder Smyles
04-22-2013, 01:56 PM
:congrats:on the new Spyder, I have a 2013 RT-S and love it! Hope you have many myles of smyles on your new ryde!:dg2:

ARtraveler
04-22-2013, 02:08 PM
:welcome: and :congrats: on the new ryde. :thumbup:

krzychick
04-22-2013, 02:08 PM
:spyder2:
RIVCO PRODUCTS WILL BE HAVING A SPYDER:ani29: OPEN HOUSE, SATURDAY MAY 25TH AT 11:00 A.M. 440 SOUTH PINE ST. "TYPE IN OUR ADDRESS IN THAT BRAND NEW GPS AS A FAVORITES" WE ARE GIVING TOURS, HAVING RAFFLES...SO FAR A SPYDER GROUP FROM WI. IS JOINING US...CALLED S.O.A.R. COME ON BY IF YOU HAVE A CHANCE....IT IS ALSO BURLINGTON CHOCOLATE FEST MMMMMMMMM....SO NICE...SOOOOO SWEEEEET !!!!
:ohyea:COME ON OVER AND JOIN THE FUUUUUN !!!!! TELL YOUR FRIENDS..PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU WILL BE COMING...SO I HAVE ENOUGH FUN STUFF TO GIVE OUT, R.S.V.P. TO CHICK AT RIVCO CSTROCKIS@RIVCOPRODUCTS.COM BY MAY 20TH..THANKS KRZYCHICK;)

kubie
04-22-2013, 07:33 PM
Here's a Very good Post for you New Spyder Ryders It will teach you things every one should know about your new Spyder!!!!! http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?41346-quot-Do-s-and-Do-Nots-quot-for-new-Spyder-owners

Good Ryding
:doorag:
Kubie

Chupaca
04-23-2013, 12:00 AM
welcome to the two world our spyders live in..roadsters and spyders lovers. When not ryding you'll find many of here..don't worry 600 miles goes by very fast..then you can ryde it like you stole it..enjoy..!! :thumbup:

wis2013rtltd
04-23-2013, 12:05 AM
Here's a Very good Post for you New Spyder Ryders It will teach you things every one should know about your new Spyder!!!!! http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?41346-quot-Do-s-and-Do-Nots-quot-for-new-Spyder-owners

Good Ryding
:doorag:
Kubie

very much for that link..

SpyderWolf
04-23-2013, 07:36 AM
:congrats: on your new Spyder.