PDA

View Full Version : Update on my spyder and its condition. The best 32000 I have spent now......

rabtech
04-21-2013, 07:44 PM
I have been trying to find a way to explain what all had to happen to get my spyder back on the road. I owe it to all the members on the board to let everyone know how it turned out. Some of the details I cant really go into. But the main thing to take away from this is that (1) I had two dealers work on it and BOTH failed to properly align it and (2) BOTH failed to catch that I had some defective shock issues. However with the help of BRP and some special magic :D my bike is in great shape. Also I want to thank John at Elka for sending me the first ever shocks for the 2013 RT. I can also say that BRP really really really really went all out to get me some help. I was really impressed about the way they finally handled it.

Lamont I also wanted to tell you thanks for your time.

Maybe what BRP learned on my bike will help many other in the future.

I can tell you that the new shocks from BRP brought up my front end another 1.5 inches. After BRP confirmed that the new shocks and the correct alignment had me in perfect order. I installed the new Elka's for the extra stiffness and rebound control.

I would also like to say howdy to Natasha and Danny at BRP. I know you two read these post. I just put 250 miles on it today with my wife and even with speeds in excess of 90 (for testing only;)) and a huge touring windshield installed and super strong crosswinds I never had any issues.

Before I forget. I can tell you the dealer in Cullman AL can do the alignment procedure correctly. I can tell you that I watched as the tech was personally trained by one of the best BRP techs. I can even actually do the procedure. Its not that hard but you have to have your head out of your butt when you do it.

BRP provides the dealers with a video for the tech to watch and I can tell you there should not be an issue if they watch the video. However, I can tell you that some dealers just cant do it. Go to Cullman AL if you need it done.

harrypottar
04-21-2013, 07:51 PM
Glad to hear you stuck with it and finally got it all sorted out.

harry

Big Arm
04-21-2013, 10:13 PM
Glad to hear the outcome of this problem, and that you didn't give up on the Spyder and BRP. Thanks for posting. :2thumbs:

Chupaca
04-21-2013, 10:26 PM
always nice to hear a happy ending. Sorry you had to go through it all and hope it will fade in time but enjoy your ryde..!! :clap:

cbell1
04-22-2013, 06:03 AM
Awesome!!! Really glad you got it fixed to your satisfaction. Hope I have the same luck getting my '13 RT fixed....

NoJive
04-22-2013, 06:33 AM
Wow, I didn't realize you were the same person from the original thread. I wasn't expecting a happy ending at all! :)

Glad you got everything sorted out, now go ride!!!!!! :ohyea:

SpyderWolf
04-22-2013, 07:17 AM
Always good to see a positive outcome from situations like this. Many may want to bash BRP when they have issues with their Spyders, but I have seen many examples like this one where they do whatever it takes to resolve the issue. Of course there may be a lot of frustration along the way, and patience will be greatly required, but things can be fixed. Welcome back to the happy owners side.

motoford
04-22-2013, 12:21 PM
Glad you are finally going, and glad you found a good dealer.

JJW SpyderRider
04-22-2013, 12:38 PM
Thanks for the update :2thumbs: Good to hear the Spyder is up and running like everyone said it was supposed to ride.

spydaman60
04-22-2013, 12:39 PM
it's been said before, but it can't be said enough---"the dealer sure can make a difference!" nojoke awesome dude!!! glad to hear you're happy! now get out and ryde!!!

ARtraveler
04-22-2013, 02:18 PM
Many of us have been watching the original thread and now are very glad to hear you have reached a good outcome. You have been very patient and deserve :congrats: for sticking through this.

A dealer without the proper mechanical abilities can sure make someone's :spyder2: experience a nightmare.

Glad you stuck in there and hope you have many wonderful miles of enjoyment on your :ani29:

Bob Denman
04-22-2013, 06:05 PM
:congrats: Now the fun can REALLY begin! :yes::ohyea::yes::ohyea::yes::thumbup:

Justryde
04-22-2013, 06:47 PM
I hope you take the time to write a letter to BRP about the great job Natasha and Danny did for you.

kubie
04-22-2013, 06:50 PM
I'm Happy for ya!!! Just when your at your wits end....... every thing comes together!!!! I Love Happy Endings!!!

Good Ryding
:doorag:
Kubie

pellcitypete
04-23-2013, 04:44 PM
Glad you got everything worked out great for you. A year ago I was in the same boat you were in. But different problem. I too think BRP cares about there product also I think if you need work done on your spyder in no. ala go to power sports in Cullum they are very good at what they do an know about spyders! I also am proud owner of A SPYDER wouldn't have anything else. :thumbup:

BamaSpyder
04-23-2013, 07:03 PM
I have been trying to find a way to explain what all had to happen to get my spyder back on the road. I owe it to all the members on the board to let everyone know how it turned out. Some of the details I cant really go into. But the main thing to take away from this is that (1) I had two dealers work on it and BOTH failed to properly align it and (2) BOTH failed to catch that I had some defective shock issues. However with the help of BRP and some special magic :D my bike is in great shape. Also I want to thank John at Elka for sending me the first ever shocks for the 2013 RT. I can also say that BRP really really really really went all out to get me some help. I was really impressed about the way they finally handled it.

Lamont I also wanted to tell you thanks for your time.

Maybe what BRP learned on my bike will help many other in the future.

I can tell you that the new shocks from BRP brought up my front end another 1.5 inches. After BRP confirmed that the new shocks and the correct alignment had me in perfect order. I installed the new Elka's for the extra stiffness and rebound control.

I would also like to say howdy to Natasha and Danny at BRP. I know you two read these post. I just put 250 miles on it today with my wife and even with speeds in excess of 90 (for testing only;)) and a huge touring windshield installed and super strong crosswinds I never had any issues.

Before I forget. I can tell you the dealer in Cullman AL can do the alignment procedure correctly. I can tell you that I watched as the tech was personally trained by one of the best BRP techs. I can even actually do the procedure. Its not that hard but you have to have your head out of your butt when you do it.

BRP provides the dealers with a video for the tech to watch and I can tell you there should not be an issue if they watch the video. However, I can tell you that some dealers just cant do it. Go to Cullman AL if you need it done.

I too had the bad handling problem. Big number 1 replaced the ball joints with no change in handling. They were working on yours at the time and showed me the parts they changed on yours. I could not get back to them until 2 weeks ago. They aligned it and I am now very happy. Like you I am going to put the Elkas on for the same reasons.

Netminder
04-23-2013, 07:16 PM
Great news!!