PDA

View Full Version : Turn Signal Question

ChrisSpyder11
04-21-2013, 01:56 PM
So, I just got my Spyder Fri and the dealer told me how to use the turn signals - great.

But how long does it take to shut off? Are you supposed to gently tap it, do you have to manually move it back to center? The dealer told me they automatically turn off and on but I have been making turns with them staying on for quite some time.

My BMW has lane changing signals so it will flash 3 times and turn off automatically, now if you push the lever down it will stay on until you turn the wheel.

Thanks!

samewok
04-21-2013, 01:59 PM
They stay on for 10 seconds after turn or push the switch in for 1 second an they turn off.

jerpinoy
04-21-2013, 02:38 PM
I think this is stated on the owners manual and been posted in the past forum.

Marker
04-21-2013, 03:40 PM
Om my 2010 RT S the dealer had to adjust the stops (sorry for my ignorance but I don't what you call the part that makes the signals tun on and off on when you turn) After I finished the turn the signal would stay on after the dealer made the adjustments both left and right turn signals would shut off as per the operators manual. I locked the handlebars one time and after this the turn signal would not shut off again so dealer had to make adjustment again but cannot remember which way the handlebars turn to lock.:dg1:

Cruzr Joe
04-21-2013, 03:54 PM
So, I just got my Spyder Fri and the dealer told me how to use the turn signals - great.

But how long does it take to shut off? Are you supposed to gently tap it, do you have to manually move it back to center? The dealer told me they automatically turn off and on but I have been making turns with them staying on for quite some time.

My BMW has lane changing signals so it will flash 3 times and turn off automatically, now if you push the lever down it will stay on until you turn the wheel.

Thanks!

Glad to see you on the forum, occasionally one of us will forget to take our meds and fail to be congenial, if so don't worry, after you make 800 posts you may get a little cranky too. :roflblack::roflblack:

we are glad that you have taken the time to ask a question and become part of our WACKY family. Now go ride it like you stole it.

Cruzr Joe

SpyderWolf
04-21-2013, 07:17 PM
The turn signals are supposed to shut off automatically after making a sharp enough turn. If it is only a veering type turn, then they may not shut off on their own. If you are making a 90 degree turn in either direction and they are not shutting off when you straighten the wheel, then your dealer may need to adjust your Steering Angle Sensor (SAS).

ChrisSpyder11
04-21-2013, 08:05 PM
Thanks! Got it working! The dealership never told me to push in the turn signal.

NancysToy
04-21-2013, 08:33 PM
Thanks! Got it working! The dealership never told me to push in the turn signal.
Sounds like they need some education.....or they need to read the manual. :yikes:

Dudley
04-22-2013, 12:14 AM
Sounds like they need some education.....or they need to read the manual. :yikes:

Read the Owners Manual??? Are you serious!!!:roflblack::ohyea::banghead:

:roflblack:

spyryder
04-22-2013, 12:49 AM
Sure enough, it was in THE MANUAL all along :banghead::gaah::yes::