PDA

View Full Version : Baker Built Air Wings... Who uses them?

Copperman
04-21-2013, 08:17 AM
Who here uses the Baker Built Air Wings? What's the difference between the "original" and the "new generation" air wings? And then there's the "leg wings." It shows a picture with a digital thermometer on the riders foot and it's 23 degrees cooler. It seems to me that would solve the hot foot problem. Anyone here use them? What do you think?

I have a 2013 RT Limited and have only had it a week. I've not had a hot foot, yet... it's been too cold.

See you at SpyderFest!

flaggerphil
04-21-2013, 08:36 AM
I have them on my RT...and love them. They do a great job of keeping the air where I want it...especially on the freeway.

Erags
04-21-2013, 08:41 AM
We have Baker Air Wings on both of our Spyders my 08 GS and on the wifes 12 RT and we love them

Harley
04-21-2013, 08:44 AM
I have Baker Air-Wings, installed at last years Spyderfest, and wouldn't be without them.

mrfats
04-21-2013, 08:53 AM
I've had mine for about a year and really like them. They'll direct the airflow on you or close them to block the air in cooler temps. I think I have the new generation but don't know what the difference is. I'm going to see them at SpyderFest to see about an additional upper wing.

Another plus is the way they attach to the Spyder. No way to lose the two smaller side panels! Some owners have had this panel come off while going down the highway.

Old Wolf
04-21-2013, 09:39 AM
I have them on my 2012 RT with out the Leg Wings (they would not work with my highway foot pegs) I do have the inner Panel.
The system works great both in hot & cold weather. I have New Generation.
New Generation Air Wings™ Products
The majority of the models of Air Wings™ products are now made with a Break Resistant and Scratch Resistant material, manufactured by F4 Custom Windshields, in addition to the original plexiglas and polycarbonate materials.

dmdahnert
04-21-2013, 09:44 AM
I've had mine for a year, both upper and lowers, and they really do assist air control. In cold weather, they keep air off the body and when the weather is hot, open them up for better air flow across the body. Never have been troubled by the hot foot but I do have the block off plate and with the wings, my ride is usually very enjoyable!

Diana

Pennyrick
04-21-2013, 10:25 AM
Had them on our first set of RT's and put them on our second ones.

My wife always complained of the hot right side on her Spyder and we tried several solutions for that problem. Once she installed the air wings the complaints ceased.

Worth every penny to me.

captblack
04-21-2013, 10:29 AM
I have them and love them. Plenty of options and they even make sure you don't lose your access plate ... :thumbup:

Questions
04-21-2013, 10:34 AM
I'm going to order these Baker Air Wings for my 2012 RT. When they give the price does it include "a pair", one set for each side or do I have to order "two" Baker Air Wings...????

harrypottar
04-21-2013, 10:42 AM
I have them with the uppers and love them, not only are they great to force more air in to stay cooler in the summer. They're also great to keep the wind off as well, especially when it gets cooler at night. Help to keep you a little dryer in the rain as well, they create a little air bubble and the rain just blows around. Just need to figure out why they don't work at stop lights.

harry

murphybrown
04-21-2013, 10:48 AM
They do exactly what they say they will do and I love it. An added bonus is that I never have to worry about that panel coming off when I check the oil.

Copperman
04-23-2013, 03:28 AM
OK, you guys convinced me! I had them installed yesterday and I can tell the difference. Good choice. Leaving my house in about four hours for Spyderfest.

See you there!

shrubs
04-23-2013, 07:04 AM
I had them on my Wing and it was the first mod I did to the Spyder. During the last week, I've ridden in 25 - 35 degree weather and they help deflect the air off the legs.

Ivorspyder
04-23-2013, 11:45 AM
I started to read this thread and it reminded me that I did want a set of Baker Airwings.With this in mind I set off from South Florida bound for Spyderfest.Halfway up Florida i remembered made a call to Central Florida powersports my dealer,He had them in stock.I made a 15 mile diversion.Took them 30minutes to install and i was on my way.
They work great.:yes:

ivor:spyder:

Yfactor
04-23-2013, 03:14 PM
Have the new generation with the uppers and love them. Have had them two years now.