PDA

View Full Version : Idle Speed

hollylmh
05-13-2008, 09:58 PM
Has anyone looked into reducing the idle speed to about 1/2 of the 1350/1450 RPM? The only reason I can think of for the current setting is EPA -- flow more air helps emissions.

Danimal
05-13-2008, 10:56 PM
What would be the purpose of lowering it?

Lamonster
05-14-2008, 06:39 AM
It would have to be done with the BUDS. I tried it with the throttle stop with no luck. It's based on the TPS (throttle position sensor).

NancysToy
05-14-2008, 07:09 AM
It really is too bad that it is not readily adjustable. Seems ridiculous. This thing idles like a top fuel car. 1400 rpm at idle certainly can't help the gas mileage, although I will admit that it doesn't seem to bother the engine braking most of the time. On the other hand, I have never ridden or driven anything that can be put into motion using just the clutch, and no throttle at all. The minimum speed for the Spyder in first gear, at idle, is 8 mph. Crazy!
-Scotty

Lamonster
05-14-2008, 07:10 AM
It really is too bad that it is not readily adjustable. Seems ridiculous. This thing idles like a top fuel car. 1400 rpm at idle certainly can't help the gas mileage, although I will admit that it doesn't seem to bother the engine braking most of the time. On the other hand, I have never ridden or driven anything that can be put into motion using just the clutch, and no throttle at all. The minimum speed for the Spyder in first gear, at idle, is 8 mph. Crazy!
-Scotty

I agree but it comes in handy when I have to take my hand off the throttle and look back to back up my trailer. :doorag:

Spydroe
05-14-2008, 09:25 AM
Speaking of backing up the trailer, how is that? :dontknow: I was going to ask you about doing that. This will be a whole new experience having reverse.

Danimal
05-14-2008, 09:53 AM
"It's based on the TPS (throttle position sensor)."

Yes.... didn't the rest of you get the memo about the TPS ???

I'll have one of the Bobs send over another memo about the TPS reports right away! ;D

Rando
05-14-2008, 10:15 AM
"I'll have one of the Bobs send over another memo about the TPS reports right away! ;DNow THAT'S funny!