PDA

View Full Version : PlastDip and Carbon Fiber wrap on my new back rest

Pablito
04-19-2013, 11:43 AM
Been busy again. I ordered me a sport rack and the back rest to go along with it to make my girl a little more comfortable. This about me is i'm a cheap bastard.. Hey I admit it at least sooo. I found a deal $100 off a sport rack that was yellow which would have been perfect if my RS was still yellow and then from another dealer I found a deal $100 off on it too for the back rest but it was silver. Sooo I PlastiDip the Sport rack in black and then here is what I came up with for the Back rest. I sprayed 4 coats of red Plastidip on the post part of the back rest then on the base I ordered some textured Carbon Fiber look Vinyl wrap and went to town apply a little heat and the stuff really does just wrap around anything you want within reason. I'm very very happy with out it turned out. Check out my progress and finished product.

SPYD1
04-19-2013, 11:46 AM
Looks great. Are you wrapping the red supports as well?

Chupaca
04-19-2013, 11:47 AM
your a busy guy..looks amazing and very well done..don't see factory looking any better..congrats..!! :thumbup::thumbup:

Pablito
04-19-2013, 01:03 PM
Looks great. Are you wrapping the red supports as well?

Thank you, no I painted the red parts red. The whole thing was silver but didnt match the bike I thought a contrast between matte red and the carbon fiber would be kinda cool looking.