PDA

View Full Version : Nuts and Bolts

Tierhog
04-19-2013, 12:02 AM
Just a friendly reminder as its warming up on the east coast and us Westies are switching jackets...

During cleaning I found mirror bolts mildly loose, windshield bolts less than snug and rock guards that needed to be retightened. I'm on a 2008 so just like Spyder riders, your bike might have a screw loose. Doesn't hurt to be reminded, as I found these issues on accident.

I went on to check battery cables, Power steering and radiator cap, etc,etc.

Enjoy the ride!

Chupaca
04-19-2013, 01:05 AM
Thanks..good reminder to those that store the roadsters...being west coast ryde all the time and keep an eye on things...ryde on..!! :thumbup:

SpyderAnn01
04-19-2013, 01:31 AM
I found loose bolts on my trailer hitch. :gaah:

NancysToy
04-19-2013, 07:17 AM
Although it is not a written step in the maintenance schedule, it pays to check fasteners at every service interval. A good tech does it as a matter of course...especially at the 600 mile service. That is one reason why I remove my body panels at every oil change...I can get at a lot more. Good advice, and very timely!

stormtrooper
04-19-2013, 08:54 AM
:agree: I checked everything about a month ago :thumbup: when I did a oil change.

Bob Denman
04-19-2013, 10:54 AM
Thanks for this reminder! :2thumbs: It's no fun when you find out the hard way just how many bolts are actually loose! :shocked: :gaah:

MikeinGA
04-19-2013, 01:54 PM
Just a friendly reminder as its warming up on the east coast and us Westies are switching jackets...

During cleaning I found mirror bolts mildly loose, windshield bolts less than snug and rock guards that needed to be retightened. I'm on a 2008 so just like Spyder riders, your bike might have a screw loose. Doesn't hurt to be reminded, as I found these issues on accident.

Enjoy the ride!

Great tip and don't forget to grease the the "A" arms every time you change the oil.

Mike

fjcady
04-19-2013, 02:18 PM
my friends in Minn say us westcoasters have a screw loose I say at least its not snowing here :yes::yes::yes:

Enjoy the ride!

vtspyder
04-19-2013, 05:31 PM
I tend to wait until a wheel falls off. I know..I know...:yikes:

Tierhog
04-19-2013, 11:50 PM
my friends in Minn say us westcoasters have a screw loose I say at least its not snowing here :yes::yes::yes:

That new fancy windshield will test how crazy you are! Muncha Muncha Muncha Muncha... Protein!

Jeriatric
04-20-2013, 12:00 AM
Yup, it's warming up alrighty. We're looking at hundred degree days already. Warming up.....though it's not hot.......yet :roflblack:

Tierhog
04-21-2013, 02:22 AM
No thanks... I draw the line at 100F and 20F.. The heat off the asphalt at 100 is crazy. The windchill at 20 is brutal. Call me a wimp... No Dice! Lol

Jeriatric
04-21-2013, 11:42 AM
No thanks... I draw the line at 100F and 20F.. The heat off the asphalt at 100 is crazy. The windchill at 20 is brutal. Call me a wimp... No Dice! Lol

And at 110+ it's time to:bbq:

Nicest thing about cold is. We can dress for it.

Have a great summer :doorag:

Bob Ledford
04-21-2013, 12:00 PM

It is better to be loose then frozen at least you can fix loose. Frozen you stand a better chance of breaking it off or ruining it in the process of hurt in' yourself,

Wonder what they say about us Floridians?