PDA

View Full Version : Seating, luggage and backrest combinations

Spyder Monkey
04-18-2013, 10:55 PM
So I am in an unusual confluence of events. I have an 08 GS with comfort seat and oem backrest and plate. The last few days I have been thinking about a driver backrest and reading up on the smooth spyder model.

Well I just jumped on a good deal in the four sale section, a used Corbin with 2 backrests. Also I know that there are forum members that want to buy a red sport rack and one or both of the Corbin backrests.

So just cruising for opinions. I could keep the Corbins and sell the oem, keep everything, sell the Corbins and the oem and get the smooth spyder, etc.

Any passengers have a preference between the oem and Corbin? Any drivers have experience with smooth and Corbin? Would a Corbin seat interfere with the oem rack our the smooth spyder? Guys I should not count my chickens before the Corbin deal goes through. But it should close fine, I am making payment tomorrow.

David

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Chupaca
04-18-2013, 11:52 PM
sounds like a chinese menu...pick one from column A one from column B and two from column C. Sorry can't help, just installed a comfort seat have yet to try it, my wife loves the OEM back rest but never tried the others mentioned...!! Good luck..!!:dontknow::dontknow:

AZSPYDER
04-20-2013, 09:12 AM
We have the Corbin seat with the Can Am passenger backrest and Corbin rider backrest. If we are going for an extended outing, we move the Corbin backrest to the passenger position, and install the sport rack. We then can put a T-bag luggage on the sport rack and Sedici saddlebags on the sides. Pretty versatile configuration.

Spyder Monkey
04-20-2013, 12:08 PM
Thanks for the information.

I just got a reply from Jim at Smooth Spyders and he thinks the current brackets are not compatible with the wider Corbin seat but he is considering making some.

Time will tell. Don't have the Corbin in my hands yet but hopefully soon. Maybe at the Texas Memorial Weekend BBQ I can see if anyone has the Smooth Spyder rest.

David

pathfinderjoe
05-02-2013, 12:37 AM
Have Corbin seats with backrest up font with BRP rest in back. I love mine and the wife loves hers. FYI - for long trips I strap a Kuryakyn Grand Tour tail bag on the rear of her back rest. Works great.

MrLooney
05-02-2013, 03:26 AM
then the Chinese will bait and switch on you giving you a pile of JUNK :banghead:

tomdux
05-12-2013, 07:41 PM
My wife has been very happy with the stock can am back rest from the beginning. I added the Utopia back rest which matches the comfort stitching nicely. However, my new back rest steals a couple inches thickness, and so my passenger has enough room I am sitting well forward on a less comfortable spot on the saddle. I have an '08 GS with Helibar risers. So, while my passenger is still OK, I have not found the comfort I was looking for. Can't wait to hear what the ideal setup is.