PDA

View Full Version : Beating the Rush

muleman1
04-18-2013, 05:19 PM
Trailered down to Pitbull this morning to to squeeze in a couple of last minute farkles before the 8 legged scurge hits town. :ohyea:
Bajaron Sway Bar and HMT Brake light installed, and our :spyder2: and its web are stashed at a secret location within striking distance of the Spyderfest-ivities.

Safe travels to all, keep the rubber side down and see you next week!
:2thumbs:

Bob Denman
04-18-2013, 05:28 PM
"Trailered down"? :shocked: :roflblack: SpyderRyders don't need to trailer their bikes.... :2thumbs: :joke:
See you next week! :thumbup:

SpyderWolf
04-19-2013, 11:39 AM
:congrats: on getting some new farkles before the festivities start.

Bob, this will be the first time my Spyder has been on a trailer and it is going to be a very long journey for me. I am sure I will have to stop several times just to make sure it is still okay. :D

Chupaca
04-19-2013, 11:58 AM
Trailered..!! Your in MO...:roflblack::roflblack: Great you got it done..enjoy the fest...!! :2thumbs:

Bob Denman
04-19-2013, 12:12 PM
Bob, this will be the first time my Spyder has been on a trailer and it is going to be a very long journey for me. I am sure I will have to stop several times just to make sure it is still okay. :D
It'll be sitting back there pouting like a little kid who's just been told that there's no more ice cream... http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_19_5.gif You'll have to stop, drop and give it some exercise along the way!:thumbup:

I'm looking forward to meeting you! Have a safe trip!

SpyderWolf
04-19-2013, 12:16 PM
I will be sure to let it stretch its legs once we get there. I am looking forward to meeting you as well. :thumbup:

muleman1
04-19-2013, 03:50 PM
"Trailered down"? :shocked: :roflblack: SpyderRyders don't need to trailer their bikes.... :2thumbs: :joke:
See you next week! :thumbup:

Not trying to make excuses...but we're only about 6 weeks into this "journey", and only have been able to log about 250 miles total (damn groundhog). So we haven't been able to build up the calluses on our old wrinkled butts. :D

We're still kinda in the "venture out and return to the mothership" mode!

Looking at some of the mapquest routes others are posting...I do feel a little inadequate. :opps:

SpyderMeLucky
04-19-2013, 04:15 PM
Not trying to make excuses...but we're only about 6 weeks into this "journey", and only have been able to log about 250 miles total (damn groundhog). So we haven't been able to build up the calluses on our old wrinkled butts. :D

Looking at some of the mapquest routes others are posting...I do feel a little inadequate. :opps:

Don't feel badly, muleman, we are also trailering two spyders down and we live in Missouri as well. I admit I could ride down, but like you, my backside isn't quite used to sitting on the bike for more than 2 hours at a time. And I'm fine being told I should ryde down instead of it sitting on a trailer.

However, I have to admit that my respect and admiration are HUGE for those who actually ryde to the event.

It's all good. You're gonna have a good time riding during SpyderFest. It's soooo much fun.

mrfats
04-19-2013, 04:56 PM
It doesn't matter how you get there...just get there safely!!

Bob Denman
04-19-2013, 05:06 PM
:agree: :2thumbs:
(Sorry to pick on you a bit; I'm pretty sure that I'll be having to grow some callouses on the fly... :shocked:)

SpyderWolf
04-19-2013, 05:31 PM
Bob: How many miles do you have on your Spyder at this point?

Bob Denman
04-19-2013, 05:34 PM
Too few! :gaah: ONLY 12,000... :gaah:
First season was shortened by a "Bone-ectomy" on my left foot... :shocked:
Second season; there was this whole accident thing that happened in mid-October... :opps:

SpyderWolf
04-19-2013, 05:38 PM
No problem, I was just curious as to whether the title Lamont gave you was still true or not. ;)

2NFrnt
04-19-2013, 05:43 PM

I'll be glad to help you acquire those calluses, just drop in behind and follow me come June. We'll be back home in 4-5 weeks and about 5-6K miles:thumbup:. Just in time for your next oil change:).