PDA

View Full Version : spyder mods.what the factory missed

jarhd3
05-13-2008, 04:16 AM
While I've been on this site,I've seen the great inventiveness of spyder owners solve some of the problems that the factory and engineers should've taken care of.Like all car/bike owners,we are never truly satisfied with a stock factory product.Tinkering w/it and making it OUR OWN,is what makes the vehicle unique.This site has joined alot of people together to solve some complex problems.Since the Spyder is a truly unique vehicle,short comings are expected.The breadth of enthusiasm fm owners is also unique.Nowhere have I seen people so a tuned to making the ride abetter and safer one.There's alot of GREAT info here! I've built alot of bikes over the years but the Spyder poses abit of a challenge.It only took aspark of inventiveness fm. afew people to get me started and I can say that it's getting better every day.Brakes,handlebars,windshields,etc.,have evolved in such a short time.Eveyone wants the best for such a one of a kind ride.Let's keep it going,it's fun and EXCITING! I'm looking forward to the handlebar mods.Made my own highway pegs and added a sound sys.,F-1 windshield and putting on the Micron pipe.Let's see what the future offers next SPYDER GANG!

pzim
05-13-2008, 04:30 AM
How do you like the F1 windshield? I was thinking about getting one,

jarhd3
05-13-2008, 04:49 AM
To pzim:The F-1 windshield works great! My wife says it's a big improvement while on the back.Not as much buffeting and we can really here the stereo better.I have the dark smoke tint and it doesn't affect night vision.Recommend it.Good product.

dltang
05-13-2008, 07:41 AM
How do you like the F1 windshield? I was thinking about getting one,

I had to tweak mine per Marcel's instructions but now it is great!! I just got back from a highway ride got up to 85 and no problems. This thing is really nice for me.
Deb

smokster
05-13-2008, 01:35 PM
While I've been on this site,I've seen the great inventiveness of spyder owners solve some of the problems that the factory and engineers should've taken care of.Like all car/bike owners,we are never truly satisfied with a stock factory product.Tinkering w/it and making it OUR OWN,is what makes the vehicle unique.This site has joined alot of people together to solve some complex problems.Since the Spyder is a truly unique vehicle,short comings are expected.The breadth of enthusiasm fm owners is also unique.Nowhere have I seen people so a tuned to making the ride abetter and safer one.There's alot of GREAT info here! I've built alot of bikes over the years but the Spyder poses abit of a challenge.It only took aspark of inventiveness fm. afew people to get me started and I can say that it's getting better every day.Brakes,handlebars,windshields,etc.,have evolved in such a short time.Eveyone wants the best for such a one of a kind ride.Let's keep it going,it's fun and EXCITING! I'm looking forward to the handlebar mods.Made my own highway pegs and added a sound sys.,F-1 windshield and putting on the Micron pipe.Let's see what the future offers next SPYDER GANG!

Do you have pictures of your mods. ex Hwy pegs

csmead
05-14-2008, 01:02 PM
I had to tweak mine per Marcel's instructions but now it is great!! I just got back from a highway ride got up to 85 and no problems. This thing is really nice for me.
Deb

Deb, what does "tweak"ed mean? I am looking for another windshield but I am really skeptical about investing another $200+ dollars?

dltang
05-14-2008, 01:16 PM
Deb, what does "tweak"ed mean? I am looking for another windshield but I am really skeptical about investing another $200+ dollars?

Per Marcel's instructions, I heated the center wing tip of my windshield with two blowdriers and while it was pliable, with an oven mitt, I increased the pitch of that center wing just a bit. That increase made a hugh difference in how the wind was deflected over my head. Now it is perfect. As a matter of fact, almost too perfect, I don't get as much wind circulation in my helmet and now I have to watch for fogging, but on the other hand, I can open my wind screen on my helmet while driving if I need to and not have it be too bothersome. So, I would say that for me, the F1 has been a great choice.