PDA

View Full Version : Identifying a Spyder RS....

rockher_man
04-17-2013, 10:11 AM
I was driving along the other day and spotted a Spyder RS for sale......:yikes:......

No phone number on the sign....no answer at the home.....so left a note....:banghead:....

Some sort of a Metallic Grey....ONE-color bike with Orange Can Am lettered
on the center-body fairing and Spyder RS "somewhere".......I cannot remmeber!

Got "some" numbers off a sticker but kinda difficult at the time.

MODEL A1BA

Below that was another number that started with; 2BJAWA...VIN maybe...?....

Thats really all I could get at the time.....gonna take another ride out and
try to check again.

Driving me nutZ!.......:gaah:....

Anybody recognize this?

THANKS.....

-

DLewis
04-17-2013, 10:21 AM
Yeah, I'll say that is a Spyder of the RS variety. Shame they're gonna sell it. No price??? Must be FREE!!:yes:

Bob Denman
04-17-2013, 10:29 AM
Did they change from "GS" to "RS" in 2009, 0r was it 2010? :dontknow: It looks like a pretty basic bike that's free of accessories... Manual shift too!
Happy Hunting! :thumbup:

bullant12
04-17-2013, 10:34 AM
Did they change from "GS" to "RS" in 2009, 0r was it 2010? :dontknow: It looks like a pretty basic bike that's free of accessories... Manual shift too!
Happy Hunting! :thumbup:

It changed in 2010 when the RT's came out (Roadster Touring) and "renamed" the GS to RS (Roadster Sport).

From the pic, the color shows that it has to be a 2011 RS (base model). RS-S would have the decals saying RS-S or the Red/Orange/Gray with black sequence.

Chupaca
04-17-2013, 10:37 AM
Really want to sell it. Maybe just pleasing significant other with the attempt. Good luck with you undercover work..!! :thumbup:

PrairieSpyder
04-17-2013, 10:40 AM
Really want to sell it. Maybe just pleasing significant other with the attempt. Good luck with you undercover work..!! :thumbup:

:agree: If they wanted to sell, they'd have given a phone number, at least!

DrewNJ
04-17-2013, 10:59 AM
Looks like a very nice unmolested 2011 SM5 :thumbup:
I'm pretty sure that was the only year they did the all gray color on the RS.:dontknow:

rockher_man
04-17-2013, 11:22 AM
Kool.....thanks for the info!

Thats kinda what I was looking for....definatley manual trans....

Really looking for model year and maybe some extra model-related
info and/or specs....

Thanks...I'll keep ya posted....

-

NancysToy
04-17-2013, 11:59 AM
A1BA 2011 Roadster Spyder RS, SM5, Magnesium-Black. Engine, Rotax 991 FS. North America

SpyderWolf
04-17-2013, 12:12 PM
Good luck with getting in touch with them to purchase this machine.

glasspyder
04-17-2013, 05:16 PM
Yep, it's the twin to mine, a 2011 RS.

Good luck, I hope you find it again, and give it a home.

rockher_man
04-23-2013, 05:55 AM
Finally got the dirt on this Spyder....AUCTION!

Estate auction......REALESTATE auction......

Turns out this dude passed.....:pray:....

Seen this before...house cleaned out except for a few peices of furniture
that nobody wanted....weight bench....older stereo equipment....ya know the deal....

TONS of junk in the garage.....old tools....heaters....power tools.....mowers & tractors...etc.

AND....a 2011 Spyder RS. Also a 2011 or 2012 enclosed 6 x 10' trailer with rear
door-ramp.

EVERYTHING gets auctioned off....one at a time...Spyder & trailer last two items up....

Bidding on the Spyder started at $5000.00 and when it got to $9500.00 and was still
climbing I just walked away....goin' back to the truck....didn't even want to see the end
of this feeding frenzy.....just stupid.....pissing contest.....:popcorn:......just watched for a few....

Before the auction got going I had the chance to really look over this bike...

This time I was dressed for the ocasion and had the time.

Upon closer inspection....looked like this bike had maybe spent some time sitting
outdoors.....just grundgy.....exhaust head pipes really rusted....only 1250 miles tho!

Morons kept starting the bike (32*) and twisting the throttle like a bunch of 12-year olds!

Digital readout displaying "Brake Failure".....although it was COLD that morning I still
think there was blue smoke exiting the OEM "can" and not just moisture cloud....sounded
like crap......everything was just dirty......mud everywhere!

....just sad ....really....really sad.

I have no idea what the Spyder sold for....or what the trailer sold for....

ONWARD & UPWARD to the next one......:gaah:

SpyderWolf
04-23-2013, 07:18 AM
Sorry to hear that, but you may have actually missed a bullet by the sounds of it. Hopefully you will find a much better Spyder in the near future.

kubie
04-23-2013, 07:01 PM
A little more:banghead: and some leg work and I'm sure you will be like:yes: I found the:spyder2: of my dreams!!! Then you'll be like :cheers: Wooo Hoooo!!!! :ohyea:Have fun with the search it will all work out!