PDA

View Full Version : LA Area Dealerships

ChrisSpyder11
04-17-2013, 12:22 AM
What LA area dealerships do you guys recommend?

Every one I visited said you need a motorcycle endorsement to test ride, unless you come out for demo days. I'm shopping around and live in the SFV.

Chupaca
04-17-2013, 01:49 AM
As far as I know California does not require a motorcycle license to operate a roadster (spyder). Don't know any of the LA dealer so can't recommend any..!! :dontknow:

Tierhog
04-17-2013, 02:12 AM
Correct. CA Class C only. Can test ride em in Northern Ca till the wheels fall off without M1. Don't know why they are saying that. Id go elsewhere.

TicketBait
04-17-2013, 02:33 AM
They are correct, Their insurance carrier for the dealership is requiring it. When I purchased mine 3 years ago, I took a demo ride with BRP with mo motorycycle license. When I ordered the auto matic,and had to wait for 3 months for delivery I wanted to become familiar by test riding a demo vehicle from the dealerships. Was told I could only ride on there lot as the insurance would not cover me unless I had the motorcycle endorsement. I took a MSSC course got the endorsement and then was able to practice with there a'manual demo" for about two weeks off the lot. Been following your posts, Just order an automatic, you don't need to rent one- you will just love it, Best thing since sliced bread. You should beable to test ride one on their lot at DelAmo motorsports or Berts Mega Mall. But only there parking lot. No streets.

ChrisSpyder11
04-17-2013, 01:40 PM
Thanks! I'm going to check Del Amo out.