PDA

View Full Version : HID vs nanny upddate

r1100rider
04-16-2013, 11:55 PM
When installing the HID kit on the second spyder I was determined to figure out just where the vss fault code cause was as I did nt want a wire to move after reassembly or while riding, so I played with it and found that the wires that went to the oem bulbs and are the trigger pick up for the HID kit seamed to be where the bleed off was coming from an inch or two movement made the fault come back so I tried shielding the connecters with foil and it worked now the wire location didn't seem to matter , so just wrap the connections with foil and tape wrap them no more mad nanny

Sereniti
04-17-2013, 12:36 AM
When installing the HID kit on the second spyder I was determined to figure out just where the vss fault code cause was as I did nt want a wire to move after reassembly or while riding, so I played with it and found that the wires that went to the oem bulbs and are the trigger pick up for the HID kit seamed to be where the bleed off was coming from an inch or two movement made the fault come back so I tried shielding the connecters with foil and it worked now the wire location didn't seem to matter , so just wrap the connections with foil and tape wrap them no more mad nanny

Any pics ?

CyncySpyder
04-17-2013, 05:17 AM
We have HIDs diect wired to our OEM wiring harness without using the included relay harness that Xenon Depot provides as a just in case you need it alternative. I'm curious, are you discussing OEM HIDs or AfterMarket HIDs? The reason I ask is, with our direct wire set-up on a 2011 RT-S we haven't had any issues with a disgruntled Nanny getting involved for this reason.

Bob Denman
04-17-2013, 06:44 AM
Glad to hear that it's keeping Nanny happy for you! :2thumbs:

r1100rider
04-17-2013, 09:45 AM
We have HIDs diect wired to our OEM wiring harness without using the included relay harness that Xenon Depot provides as a just in case you need it alternative. I'm curious, are you discussing OEM HIDs or AfterMarket HIDs? The reason I ask is, with our direct wire set-up on a 2011 RT-S we haven't had any issues with a disgruntled Nanny getting involved for this reason.Xenon dept with the relay which is in the harness on my kit I thought about what you are saying with the delay of the relay and nanny sensing the load a split second late