PDA

View Full Version : I did it!!!! FOX SHOCK AND SWAY BAR KIT FOR THE ST-S

kubie
04-16-2013, 06:59 PM
Well I did it! Heee Heee Heee :yes:I got the Fox Racing Shock and Sway Bar Kit Installed...... :2thumbs: AND ("Drum Roll Please") I feel like a Kid again. I knew it would make a difference! But Man I didn't think it would be that good!!! I find my self giggling in the twisties! before the upgrade when I got into the middle of a turn the bike seemed to want to ("not sure how to word it") I guess "Unset". You know how you ease into the turn, then set the bike into the turn? Well with mine, it would Unset!!!! In the middle of the turn and I would have to Reset it and then power out. Now I ease in set the turn and power out!!! with no problem!! I really like the quick response in the steering... Its almost snappy! the shocks are Awesome No More Mush in the front end! Yes I gave up a little bit of the mushy ride and I feel the bumps a bit more then I used to, and the steering is a little stiffer, But I LOVE the Feel!!! That feel over powers the little Bit of comfort that I gave up.! I Think for the five hundred bucks and change I spent, Installed!!! Is Well Worth the Money!!!! Thanks for all the info Every one!!!! :doorag:Kubie

docdoru
04-16-2013, 07:23 PM
I need to try this setting...:congrats::thumbup:

Chupaca
04-16-2013, 07:27 PM
I ordered the kit and it would not work on my bike..went to the BajaRon sway and that alone made all the difference I needed. Congrats to a job well done and feeling like a kid again...enjoy..!! :2thumbs:

Too Many Toys
04-16-2013, 09:38 PM
Thanks for the report. I plan adding the Fox Shocks/swaybar when I return to my Spyder ST-L in mid-May. I'm wondering about doing the install myself, as the dealer wants $253.00 labor.

weapon
04-17-2013, 11:29 AM
Great news.
I was thinking of doing this but was afraid it would be too rough over the bumps.
Oh by the way... nice looking ride LOL

kubie
04-18-2013, 08:14 PM
I hardly notice the difference in the bumps....... Its the handling that makes it worth doing, and I think your Ryde is Cool too :roflblack: Trust me its worth every Penny!
Great news.
I was thinking of doing this but was afraid it would be too rough over the bumps.
Oh by the way... nice looking ride LOL

capt.jim
04-18-2013, 10:29 PM
The shock and anti-sway bar kit is a great deal for $400. The Fox shocks seem about as stiff as the progressively wound non-adjustable rear ST shock feels, it feels much more balanced front to rear shock wise now. If you find the fox too stiff at least you can adjust them softer and it will still handle much better with the bigger bar.

Bob Denman
04-19-2013, 06:46 AM
Glad to hear that it's taken years off of your outlook on life! :2thumbs:
(That's about how I describe what the RonBar and some Elkas did for my RT ;))

MMMII
04-19-2013, 09:48 AM
Well I did it! Heee Heee Heee :yes:I got the Fox Racing Shock and Sway Bar Kit Installed...... :2thumbs: AND ("Drum Roll Please") I feel like a Kid again. I knew it would make a difference! But Man I didn't think it would be that good!!! I find my self giggling in the twisties! before the upgrade when I got into the middle of a turn the bike seemed to want to ("not sure how to word it") I guess "Unset". You know how you ease into the turn, then set the bike into the turn? Well with mine, it would Unset!!!! In the middle of the turn and I would have to Reset it and then power out. Now I ease in set the turn and power out!!! with no problem!! I really like the quick response in the steering... Its almost snappy! the shocks are Awesome No More Mush in the front end! Yes I gave up a little bit of the mushy ride and I feel the bumps a bit more then I used to, and the steering is a little stiffer, But I LOVE the Feel!!! That feel over powers the little Bit of comfort that I gave up.! I Think for the five hundred bucks and change I spent, Installed!!! Is Well Worth the Money!!!! Thanks for all the info Every one!!!! :doorag:Kubie

I assume these are the same Shocks on the 2013 RS's but is this Ron's sway bar or something different?

Links would be helpful.

Thanks and congrats!

Extracool
04-19-2013, 01:16 PM
I assume these are the same Shocks on the 2013 RS's but is this Ron's sway bar or something different?

Links would be helpful.

Thanks and congrats!
We used the Fox gas shocks, BaHa Ron sway bar and the Falken ZIEX racing car tires, the sidewalls are thicker, can run higher air pressure, no tire roll, a awesome combination, the RT rides and handles like you expected it to from the factory,we. Ride 2 up all the time.Added the belt tensioner, no vibration.

kubie
04-20-2013, 02:35 PM

Links would be helpful.

Thanks and congrats!

MMMII (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/member.php?10579-MMMII)

Ron is not making a sway bar for the ST Because BRP already makes one. And he told me the BRP Sway Bar is cheaper then he could make it....
This is a kit from BRP. It comes with the shocks and anti-sway bar. Pg 75 Bottom left on the page in the BRP Catalog. Fox Adjustable Shock Kit With Sway Bar For the Spyder RS, ST 2013 Part #219400409

mjw930
04-20-2013, 04:01 PM

Links would be helpful.

Thanks and congrats!

It's the same shocks and sway bar used on the 2013 RS-S, not all RS's. Here's the link: http://store.spyder.brp.com/product/631121/219400409/_/FOX_Adjustable_Shock_Kit_with_Sway_Bar

http://mediacdn.shopatron.com/media/mfg/4630/product_image/fc279ec38e43f29b0e6c087ebb576d65.jpg

Sny
04-22-2013, 12:21 AM
Just did mine on my new STS.

Did anyone else notice that the "upgraded" bar from the kit looks almost exactly like the bar that was on the bike? same diameter, end links looked very similar...

kubie
04-22-2013, 08:53 PM
I Couldn't tell you for sure didn't see it befor the install. My dealer did it!

Good Ryding
:doorag:
Kubie!

Spydr in KS
04-22-2013, 09:30 PM
Just did mine on my new STS.

Did anyone else notice that the "upgraded" bar from the kit looks almost exactly like the bar that was on the bike? same diameter, end links looked very similar...

The bar looks bigger here...

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?49958-Real-World-Handling-of-the-ST&p=597383&viewfull=1#post597383