PDA

View Full Version : New 3-Wheeler Coming to Market

SpyderMarkus
04-16-2013, 06:32 PM
Interesting 3-wheel concept car/motorcycle depending on how it is classified to being production in the USA soon.... Cheap, great gas mileage and sure to the same 'wow' effect as the Spyder....

https://www.eliomotors.com/

Oldmanzues
04-16-2013, 06:47 PM
I believe there is a another thread on here about this. I personaly would believe it, when I had the clear title for the advertized price. Oldmanzues

Bob Ledford
04-16-2013, 06:58 PM
It will sell if anyone has any money left to buy anything

PrairieSpyder
04-16-2013, 07:06 PM
$6800? :dontknow: I'll believe it when I see it.

I didn't read the terms of the reservation form to see if it had a money-back provision if they don't make it. But even if it does, could you really get it back?

I may sign up for updates, and see how it goes, though. If they can do it for that price, I'd be interested.

Rando
04-16-2013, 07:09 PM
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?47692-Elio&p=604707#post604707

Chupaca
04-16-2013, 07:09 PM
they have posted this one several times but not with all the info and updated materials. This is a car three wheeled like those of yester year.. Old morgans etc... still like the fact that if worse comes to worse I can jump off..:dontknow:

Texmac1011
04-16-2013, 07:12 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/no-helmets-required-elio-vehicle-200828011.html

It is fully enclosed with seat belts and airbags. Can't be much of a "wow" factor and sure sounds like a car. To each his/her own, I guess.

I saw something similar last weekend, but it was open top. It had a P-R-N-D-2-1 gear shifter and a seat belt. I think that is a car also, though the owner said it was classified as a motorcycle.

PrairieSpyder
04-16-2013, 07:15 PM
they have posted this one several times but not with all the info and updated materials. This is a car three wheeled like those of yester year.. Old morgans etc... still like the fact that if worse comes to worse I can jump off..:dontknow:

I think Buckminster Fuller did a prototype of a 3-wheeled car, but the rear wheel did the steering, like a rudder.

Bob Denman
04-16-2013, 08:42 PM
The Elio has been brought up in here a couple of times now... :thumbup: I hope that they manage to make it happen!

Kungfuspyder
04-16-2013, 08:51 PM
$6800? :dontknow: I'll believe it when I see it.

I didn't read the terms of the reservation form to see if it had a money-back provision if they don't make it. But even if it does, could you really get it back?

I may sign up for updates, and see how it goes, though. If they can do it for that price, I'd be interested.

They have a Facebook page to follow on, I am very interested in this car.:thumbup:

spydaman60
04-16-2013, 08:52 PM
I don't think i'd be slapping a deposit on one real soon! :lecturef_smilie:

smurfette
04-16-2013, 10:32 PM
I'd like to see one of those try to make it through a New England winter!!! If I hit one of those with my Chevy 2500HD P/U, the guy driving that thing wouldn't have time to bend over and kiss his:cus: goodbye! No thank you!!!!

vrodrjs
04-17-2013, 01:13 AM
I'd like to see one of those try to make it through a New England winter!!! If I hit one of those with my Chevy 2500HD P/U, the guy driving that thing wouldn't have time to bend over and kiss his:cus: goodbye! No thank you!!!!

What do you think would happen if you hit the same guy on a bike or a spyder?

Jbiancolli
04-17-2013, 06:53 AM
So, the government classifies this as a motorcycle. The question now is, will LEO's enforce helmet laws in states that require it?

ARtraveler
04-17-2013, 01:56 PM
Here is the latest Elio thread. There is a link to their "official" website. Read carefully and make your decision before sending them a deposit. Caveat Emptor

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?47692-Elio&highlight=elio

Bob Denman
04-17-2013, 02:40 PM
:agree: "Emptor those caveats" ;) :roflblack:

SXSMachine
04-18-2013, 10:17 AM
Pre-advertising to get enough deposits to gain financial baking to build the factory like to make them and they wouldn't come out at $6800 and if they did I wouldn't buy one. Heap o ****e because you can never get more than what you pay for.

There will be others with much better WOW factor than even the Spyder but they will never cost as little as $6800. Thats the cost of a good front suspension system alone for a quad!! (Not quite these days thank goodness)

jerpinoy
04-18-2013, 10:59 AM
I'll give them a change but for sure I'll buy one. I'll love to drive ELIO all year round here in the northwest.:yes::yes: I will hold on my money first.:yes::yes:

SpyderMarkus
04-18-2013, 11:05 AM
Sorry :opps: -- Missed all the previous posts... It's a pretty interesting concept. Market a small 3-wheel car (don't consider it a motorcycle and don't think the state of Virginia will consider it a motorcycle either), economical on gas (sure it will be decent, but not the anticipated 89 MPG they claim), and cheap ($6800 - doubt that sticker price will stick). After reading the fine print for reservations -- nothing is guaranteed and all funds deposited for reservations is NONREFUNDABLE! I would think they would at least honor the price if people are willing to 'invest' in the concept, but hey -- you do get a T-shirt!! :yes:. Otherwise, it smells like a like a scam!! :yikes: Regarding the wow factor, just like the :spyder2: continues to receive questions at every stop (either people have never seen it before or just heard about them), I'm sure the Elio vehicle (not named yet) will get the same attention (wow factor), if or when, it is produced. It will be interesting to see how it all plays out next summer, until then, we'll have to wait!! :popcorn:

BTW: In 2010, I bought a new 3-wheel AutoMoto after hearing that it drives @ near highway speeds and gets 83 MPG. Well, it does get up to 55 mile an hour. I never intended to commute to work via I-95 (30 mile commute), but it commutes very well on US-1 where the max speed limit for most of the commute is 45 MPG. The Automoto top speed is 55 MPH. However, the max MPG I've ever gotten is 66 MPG. This isn't bad, but way off from the advertised 83 MPG. After contacting the company, they stated it was based on standard tests for all vehicles which is for short distances and very low speeds. Apparently, the Automoto gets better gas mileage in the city than going faster on the highway. Anyway, my Honda Shadow 750 gets 52 MPG and my commutes are much faster, so I stopped riding the Automoto except for short trips around the house. Therefore, I won't believe the Elio hype until it's been proven!! :sour: