PDA

View Full Version : Spyderquest Friday Ride

rnet
04-16-2013, 03:17 PM
The Ride Team is looking to see what things people would like to see while in Lake George. Here are some things to vote on and if you don't see something you would like to do, please post. We will do what we can to accommodate, time and weather permitting. First word above next to poll should have been (where).

Bob Denman
04-16-2013, 06:13 PM
I'm all for a trip up to Ticonderoga; and then come on down the Eastern side to get back to Lake George! :thumbup:

rnet
04-16-2013, 07:29 PM
Bob, does this mean your coming up thursday night.:thumbup:

harrypottar
04-16-2013, 07:49 PM
no idea about any of those locations, so surprise me :roflblack:, just let me know the starting point and i'll just follow...

harry

spydaman60
04-16-2013, 07:53 PM
i'm with harry, just point me in a direction and i'll follow the leader!:thumbup:

viperryder
04-17-2013, 07:46 AM
Can you post some places to stay while at Spyderquest, please?

kawakii
04-17-2013, 09:13 AM
Alot of us have done Whiteface when we attended Spyders in the Adirondacks. I'd like to see a different ride.

Sarge707
04-17-2013, 11:43 AM
If you Map Quest the different rides the thing about White Mountain and Placid is that it seems to be a Good Deal of route 87 to get there??

I haven,t been to Lake George in 30 years so I don,t know how scenic route 87 is but there must be more scenic routes since most people will spend a lot of time on the highway to get to Lake George?:dontknow:

I could go 87 from CT to Lake George but I,m going an extra hour to do the secondary Ma and NY roads.:yes:

spydaman60
04-17-2013, 12:00 PM
Can you post some places to stay while at Spyderquest, please?advance search spyderquest and you will find a separate thread where they will be posting host hotels and motels!:thumbup:

harrypottar
04-17-2013, 12:33 PM
I'm just throwing this out there as a suggestion, not sure of the logistics so we can just call it a bad idea. One place I really enjoyed riding and visiting ( not saying anyone else would) was the old Woodstock music festival visitors center. Pretty cool and far out place man...

Just a thought :dontknow:, I'm happy just riding and sight seeing.

harry

spydaman60
04-17-2013, 01:21 PM
I'm just throwing this out there as a suggestion, not sure of the logistics so we can just call it a bad idea. One place I really enjoyed riding and visiting ( not saying anyone else would) was the old Woodstock music festival visitors center. Pretty cool and far out place man...

Just a thought :dontknow:, I'm happy just riding and sight seeing.

harrythe place you're talking about is down south of the catskills and not up north around the lake. I think it would be over 175 miles one way! not sure, but I think it's called bethel woods.

harrypottar
04-17-2013, 02:35 PM
correct, Bethel Woods Center for the Arts.. Its about 175 miles one way, a short joint on a spyder. In comparison, Lake Placid is only 85 miles.

Just a thought, but you might not be looking for an all day long ride, scape that idea.

harry

Bob Denman
04-17-2013, 02:43 PM
And it's pretty darn near in MY back yard... :thumbup:
Ron, I'm definitely a Friday arrival; and it might even be in time for the ride! ;)

rnet
04-17-2013, 03:20 PM
If you Map Quest the different rides the thing about White Mountain and Placid is that it seems to be a Good Deal of route 87 to get there??

I haven,t been to Lake George in 30 years so I don,t know how scenic route 87 is but there must be more scenic routes since most people will spend a lot of time on the highway to get to Lake George?:dontknow:

I could go 87 from CT to Lake George but I,m going an extra hour to do the secondary Ma and NY roads.:yes:Rides are not set yet, but I can tell you that 87 north of Lake George this time of year is about deserted and one of the prettiest interstates in the country. The other one in NY is Route 17 through the catskills. I'm sure we will be on 87 at some point, but not much. 87 is a good way to get around LG.

rnet
04-17-2013, 03:21 PM
And it's pretty darn near in MY back yard... :thumbup:
Ron, I'm definitely a Friday arrival; and it might even be in time for the ride! ;)Bob, friday AM and on the Spyder?

rnet
04-17-2013, 03:58 PM

I could go 87 from CT to Lake George but I,m going an extra hour to do the secondary Ma and NY roads.:yes:The reason whiteface is in the poll because it is probably the most scenic view in the adirondacks, however with Sita and americade near, I was not sure how many would still want to go there. There still seems to be interest to go there, maybe some have not caught it on a clear day.I led a group of spyders 2 years ago during americade to the top and also stopped at the Olympic bob sled run and we made the loop in 8.5 hours. Randy has not given us 8.5 hours so we are looking to shorten it. If we get on 87 I can assure you it will be as scenic north of LG as any route you take getting to LG.:thumbup:We maybe going with 2 separate rides on Friday.

Bob Denman
04-17-2013, 04:48 PM
PM... and on the Spyder. It's that work thing again! :gaah:

Sarge707
04-17-2013, 04:58 PM
The reason whiteface is in the poll because it is probably the most scenic view in the adirondacks, however with Sita and americade near, I was not sure how many would still want to go there. There still seems to be interest to go there, maybe some have not caught on a clear day.I led a group of spyders 2 years ago during americade to the top and also stopped at the Olympic bob sled run and we made the loop in 8.5 hours. Randy has not given us 8.5 hours so we are looking to shorten it. If we get on 87 I can assure you it will be as scenic north of LG as any route you take getting to LG.:thumbup:We maybe going with 2 separate rides on Friday.

Great Info !! I will leave it to You local experts who have been to All the places!!!
By the time we are Mid-Summer you may have a "Whole Lot More!:yikes:" People coming to this Great Area of the country!!!!:clap:

:yes:

rnet
04-18-2013, 05:54 PM
Those that are going, please respond and those that have already, Thank You Ron

rnet
04-19-2013, 05:16 AM
I will be in Lake Placid over the weekend for a NYS snowmobile Ass. annual convention. (voting delagate)I will have my laptop, so hopefully be able keep in touch.

Spyderjockey
04-19-2013, 06:29 AM
I already voted but didn't post anything. I love riding in the mountains and around the lakes and I never get enough of Whiteface MTN. especially on a clear day, but I'm easy to please so I'll be happy with whatever you guys come up with. Thanks for all of your work and time on planning this event!!:thumbup::clap:

rnet
04-19-2013, 03:23 PM
I am in Lake Placid, checked out a few things on the way up and already seen 2 yellow spyders together here. Looked at an alternate route for part of the whiteface loop and a place for breakfast. 70 degrees here and still ice on the lake and snow here and there. Staying at Twin Peaks for the weekend. Whiteface in the clouds, talk later.:thumbup:

fastfraser
04-19-2013, 03:44 PM
Been there done that. I'll do it again though . Just there for the fellowship .Thanks Ron , Randy and New York Spyder Ryders for putting this together.

rnet
04-20-2013, 01:30 PM
I am in Lake Placid, checked out a few things on the way up and already seen 2 yellow spyders together here. Looked at an alternate route for part of the whiteface loop and a place for breakfast. 70 degrees here and still ice on the lake and snow here and there. Staying at Twin Peaks for the weekend. Whiteface in the clouds, talk later.:thumbup:What difference a day makes, today 30, windy and snowing from time to time and sometimes hard, then it clears and can see whiteface from town, even marci, which is the tallest mountain in the adirondacks.

rnet
04-22-2013, 04:28 PM
Thanks everyone for the info. I now no what I have to do.

spydaman60
04-22-2013, 08:01 PM
Thanks everyone for the info. I now no what I have to do. hey ron! what's wrong with the poll percentages? they add up to about 180%!nojoke

rnet
04-22-2013, 08:34 PM
hey ron! what's wrong with the poll percentages? they add up to about 180%!nojokeI believe it is because most have voted for more than one, but that is ok, I got the info I needed. That's also the way I set up the poll, they could pick where they wanted to go. I could also see what they picked and who picked what.

trafick
04-24-2013, 08:51 AM
My hubby and I are about 40 miles north of Lake George. We'd like to attend, but will have trouble making the first couple days because we are both school teachers. Would be better for us if it extended into Sunday, too. We are very familiar with the High Peaks Region and the wonderful twisty and curvy roads! Looking forward to finding out more information about the event.

harrypottar
04-24-2013, 09:29 AM
My hubby and I are about 40 miles north of Lake George. We'd like to attend, but will have trouble making the first couple days because we are both school teachers. Would be better for us if it extended into Sunday, too. We are very familiar with the High Peaks Region and the wonderful twisty and curvy roads! Looking forward to finding out more information about the event.

Call in sick faking a couple of coughs, the kids do it to you all the time...;)

harry

Highwayman2013
04-24-2013, 02:15 PM
I'm good with whatever you pick, haven't ridden that area yet.:)

rnet
04-24-2013, 05:04 PM
My hubby and I are about 40 miles north of Lake George. We'd like to attend, but will have trouble making the first couple days because we are both school teachers. Would be better for us if it extended into Sunday, too. We are very familiar with the High Peaks Region and the wonderful twisty and curvy roads! Looking forward to finding out more information about the event.We will be doing a ride on sat as well. Check out the official site for details as some are already there.

trafick
08-18-2013, 04:51 PM
I can't call in the second week of school. Plus hubby says no way. We will be coming down Friday some time. Do we need to register for the one day? I wish we could do more.

spydaman60
08-18-2013, 05:01 PM
I can't call in the second week of school. Plus hubby says no way. We will be coming down Friday some time. Do we need to register for the one day? I wish we could do more.the answer is yes if you want to do the dinner cruise and the Saturday ride. just pm rnet and let him give you the amount! it's not the full price. chuck:thumbup:

trafick
08-18-2013, 05:07 PM
the answer is yes if you want to do the dinner cruise and the Saturday ride. just pm rnet and let him give you the amount! it's not the full price. chuck:thumbup:

Okay, I will do that. I'm going to check with a couple that we ride with to see if they want to go too. Then it would be three Spyders and a Goldwing Trike.

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

spydaman60
08-18-2013, 05:10 PM
Okay, I will do that. I'm going to check with a couple that we ride with to see if they want to go too. Then it would be three Spyders and a Goldwing Trike.

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. no problem, looking forward to meeting you guys up there!:thumbup: