PDA

View Full Version : Clutch on 2010 RS SE-5

Buckeye Bob
04-16-2013, 02:30 PM
Felt like my clutch was slipping so took it into the dealer. My Spyder only has 4,000 miles on it and needs a clutch per the dealer. Fortunately, CanAm is covering the parts because of the low miles. What or how can a clutch need replacing at 4,000 miles? :yes:

Jeriatric
04-16-2013, 02:32 PM
Felt like my clutch was slipping so took it into the dealer. My Spyder only has 4,000 miles on it and needs a clutch per the dealer. Fortunately, CanAm is covering the parts because of the low miles. What or how can a clutch need replacing at 4,000 miles? :yes:

Did you cruse - a lot - below 4000 RPM?

Chupaca
04-16-2013, 02:37 PM
There are several threads on the subject. Should read through them. The automatic system is very different than the manual or variable speed clutches..though yours maybe premature...!!:dontknow:

blambert
04-16-2013, 03:31 PM
what gear was it slipping in or was it all gears, I believe I have a similar problem in second gear on my 2011 RS SE5. I have been riding it hard on the twisties and on my weekend run up devils highway in Eastern AZ last when I go hard into second gear either up to second gear or down into second gear it takes a second or two to grip. Same when I was down shifting hard into a curve It would shift down to second but it would take a second or so to grip. In factr rear tire would finally grip and I would break traction in the curve and slide a bit - I hjave the xtended warranty and the three service contract - Hmmm...

Jeriatric
04-16-2013, 03:37 PM
what gear was it slipping in or was it all gears, I believe I have a similar problem in second gear on my 2011 RS SE5. I have been riding it hard on the twisties and on my weekend run up devils highway in Eastern AZ last when I go hard into second gear either up to second gear or down into second gear it takes a second or two to grip. Same when I was down shifting hard into a curve It would shift down to second but it would take a second or so to grip. In factr rear tire would finally grip and I would break traction in the curve and slide a bit - I hjave the xtended warranty and the three service contract - Hmmm...

How's your oil level? In the twisties with the G forces you could be starving the clutch of much needed oil. Just a thought.

Buckeye Bob
04-16-2013, 10:01 PM
Didn't cruise alot below 4000 RPM's. Felt like it was slipping in all gears. I could be cruising along at 70 MPH which is right around 5000 rpm's and if I started up a hill, the rpm's would jump to 6500 and the bike wasn't going anywhere.