PDA

View Full Version : IPod Nano on ST-L 7th Generation

Zenagirl
04-15-2013, 07:54 PM
Okay, I don't know a heck of a lot about the ipods.... so bought an Ipod Nano to use on my ST. Manual says with the 5th and 6th generation Ipod Nano, you can use the hand controls on the handle bars. So bought one. Had no idea the one I bought is a 7th generation. It isn't like the box tells you as far as I could see. Didn't work. Bought a Lightning to 30-pin Adapter today. Fits the Nano, fits the proper cable on the Spyder. Still doesn't work, and shows Aux on the digital screen. Has anyone tried to make the 7th generation work or you just can't use the newest Ipod Nano version on the Spyder? That just doesn't make sense to me. :gaah: Thanks for any help. And I am following the directions in the manual :helpsmilie: and am using the correct cord (not the MPG 3 cord).

Too Many Toys
04-15-2013, 09:44 PM
I had similar issues with the latest gen. iPod touch. Used the Lightening-30 pin adapter but still no joy. Happened to have an older gen. touch that works perfect (I can't keep track of which generation Apple stuff is).

Not sure if a future software update by Apple or BRP would solve this?

spyder-dude
04-15-2013, 09:46 PM
My dealer spoke to BRP today and said they actually had a meeting to come up with a solution today..... So hopefully will be available soon!

Zenagirl
04-16-2013, 07:17 AM
My dealer spoke to BRP today and said they actually had a meeting to come up with a solution today..... So hopefully will be available soon!

Super!! Thank you Spyder Dude and Too Many Toys for both of your responses. My older ipod was the little shuffle and that didn't work for sure, too old ... hoping a solution can be found soon or I'll just need to return this newer version for an older version. Isn't THAT silly? :rolleyes: Thanks again!

bullant12
04-16-2013, 07:21 AM
I have the iPhone 5 and used the Lightining to 30 pin converter adapter when I first got the '13 :spyder2: (Valerie) home. It didn't worked. I thought, no biggie, I'll just use the Sena Bluetooth. After I took it to the dealer to get the balljoints replaced and got the Sena Doggle installed, I tried it again and it worked!! I think that it could be as simple as an BUDS update, but I could be wrong...:dontknow:

wildtexasrangr
04-18-2013, 03:40 PM
Zenagirl I had the same deal with my ST limited:banghead:. Go to Wal-mart and get the lightning 30 adapter.I think it was like $ 30.00, its white in color goes between the Nano and wire.

Zenagirl
04-19-2013, 08:48 PM
Zenagirl I had the same deal with my ST limited:banghead:. Go to Wal-mart and get the lightning 30 adapter.I think it was like $ 30.00, its white in color goes between the Nano and wire.

Yup, bought that earlier this week, Monday, maybe, and was excited thinking it'll work, but although it fit the nano and it fit the cord correctly, It still wouldn't work. Thanks for the suggestion though. :)

br79z
10-20-2014, 07:09 PM
Yup, bought that earlier this week, Monday, maybe, and was excited thinking it'll work, but although it fit the nano and it fit the cord correctly, It still wouldn't work. Thanks for the suggestion though. :)

so whats our answer im trying with an i pod too

br79z
10-20-2014, 07:16 PM
Okay, I don't know a heck of a lot about the ipods.... so bought an Ipod Nano to use on my ST. Manual says with the 5th and 6th generation Ipod Nano, you can use the hand controls on the handle bars. So bought one. Had no idea the one I bought is a 7th generation. It isn't like the box tells you as far as I could see. Didn't work. Bought a Lightning to 30-pin Adapter today. Fits the Nano, fits the proper cable on the Spyder. Still doesn't work, and shows Aux on the digital screen. Has anyone tried to make the 7th generation work or you just can't use the newest Ipod Nano version on the Spyder? That just doesn't make sense to me. :gaah: Thanks for any help. And I am following the directions in the manual :helpsmilie: and am using the correct cord (not the MPG 3 cord).

im having the same problem :banghead:

billybovine
10-21-2014, 11:13 AM
I went through some of the same frustrating experiences. First I bought an ipod shuffle. Well that doesn't work at all, no matter what generation. Took it back to the store. Then I tried to buy a older used one. Well that experience totally sucked and a complete waste of time. I then went to Best Buy and bought a brand new ipod classic. It plugs right in with no adapter needed. It works and am sorta happy with how it works. I need to put a little more effort in setting up playlists to make the navigation easier.

pegasus1300
10-26-2015, 05:45 PM
I know this is an old thread but some of us are still having issues,well ok I'm having issues. The manual says an ipod nano 5th generation should work.I have an Ipod 5th gen Nano and when I plug it into the ipod socket on my 2012 RT limited and the aux screen keeps coming up,no ipod screen.What am I missing or doing wrong?

billybovine
10-26-2015, 08:42 PM
I know this is an old thread but some of us are still having issues,well ok I'm having issues. The manual says an ipod nano 5th generation should work.I have an Ipod 5th gen Nano and when I plug it into the ipod socket on my 2012 RT limited and the aux screen keeps coming up,no ipod screen.What am I missing or doing wrong?

Are you using the ipod cable or the mp3 cable?

Bfromla
10-26-2015, 09:14 PM
:agree: & THX to BOB:thumbup:
http://youtu.be/eqf6LOVsS2k

pegasus1300
10-27-2015, 10:01 AM
Are you using the ipod cable or the mp3 cable? Ipod cable

pegasus1300
10-27-2015, 10:03 AM
:agree: & THX to BOB:thumbup:
http://youtu.be/eqf6LOVsS2k

I have watched this several times. My screen does not go to an ipod screen but to the AUX screen.

steriltech
10-27-2015, 05:15 PM
I have a 3rd Gen ipod nano 8gig works awesome with the ipod cable sows play list and artist on dash!!!if you like I can show you my hook up:yes:

Bfromla
10-27-2015, 11:46 PM
I have watched this several times. My screen does not go to an ipod screen but to the AUX screen.

If using the proper iPod 30pin cord it will interface (adapters for the new lightning plug work too).
The AUX is using the headphone cord, universal MP3, will only adjust volume that I know of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk