PDA

View Full Version : Where do you display your patches?

PrairieSpyder
04-15-2013, 10:03 AM
I have several patches from my travels, etc. Most are not motorcycle-related. I used to buy pins, but I'd loose them. But I haven't sewn my patches to anything yet. I have a bag with one little velcro area and a hat with velcro. Only 3 of the patches have velcro. So where do you put patches? I thought of on my Tourmaster jacket, but it's modular, so when I use only the mesh, the patches wouldn't be seen. And in the hottest part of summer I go without a jacket all together. I am thinking of putting some on my bag, but there's not room for them all.

Any ideas?

NancysToy
04-15-2013, 11:40 AM
Many people choose to sew them to a vest.

Spyder Smyles
04-15-2013, 12:18 PM
A vest works very well for proudly displaying your patches. :dg2:

asp125
04-15-2013, 12:26 PM
Badges? We don' need no steeenkin' badges!! :roflblack:

ARtraveler
04-15-2013, 01:26 PM
Most of us sew them on a vest. Be careful for the badge police though. You may be questioned on your travels or achievements. :roflblack::roflblack:

PrairieSpyder
04-15-2013, 02:01 PM
Badges? We don' need no steeenkin' badges!! :roflblack:

I knew someone would go there. Straight lines 'Я' us! :ohyea:

Bob Denman
04-15-2013, 05:13 PM
How do you like your TourMaster Modular? (Other than no patches!:roflblack:) I got one last year; and am now figuring on wearing the whole package to Missouri, and stripping it down as the temperatures permit. :thumbup:

PrairieSpyder
04-15-2013, 05:21 PM
How do you like your TourMaster Modular? (Other than no patches!:roflblack:) I got one last year; and am now figuring on wearing the whole package to Missouri, and stripping it down as the temperatures permit. :thumbup:

I really like my jacket. I'm bringing all 3 pieces to SF, too. I've never had occasion to wear the quilted inner lining, yet, though. I hope I don't have to next week. For warmth for my legs I have some insulated overalls. Too bad they don't match my jacket.

spydaman60
04-15-2013, 06:06 PM
Many people choose to sew them to a vest. ditto!:agree: should be we agree!:shemademe_smilie:

Chupaca
04-15-2013, 06:29 PM
patches are we talking about..?? when we run out on the vest we move on down to the chaps (if you got them) ..!!:clap:

Bob Ledford
04-15-2013, 06:47 PM
The only thing I collect these days is credit card receipts. When I quit riding back in 1996 I gave away a denim vest that must have weighed 35#. Now I have enough trouble just putting on a vest that it don't need any additional weight to fight with.

tbhlaw
04-15-2013, 07:56 PM
If you collect pins but are tired of the clasps on the back falling of, you can buy replacements that push on the and are secured with a set screw using a small Allen wrench. This keeps the pins firmly attached.

ABQAndy
04-15-2013, 11:02 PM
Many people choose to sew them to a vest.

Most of the riders that I know also choose to sew them on a vest. That way you can wear the vest over a coat (jacket) in the winter or simply over a light shirt in the summer. Vests are typically denim, leather or other material.

GloryRyders
04-16-2013, 05:07 AM
Leather vests.............notice the "s" on the end.:roflblack: Have one that is just when we ryde with the Patriot Guard or want to show thre "colors" and the other whenever! Probably will be getting another soon.............running out of room!:yes:

ThreeWheels
04-16-2013, 05:27 AM
I prefer to display them at home rather than show them as I ride.
I think I'm the only one though...........

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=65637&d=1364792107

joet82
04-16-2013, 09:38 AM
I have all of my patches on a vest that I wear over a waterproof jacket, when its cold/rainy out, and when its warm, I just wear the vest by itself.

PrairieSpyder
04-16-2013, 10:50 AM
I'm considering velcro so I can change them out depending on where I'm going and my mood.

But ya'll have me thinking of vests. Thanks.

NancysToy
04-16-2013, 11:03 AM
I'm considering velcro so I can change them out depending on where I'm going and my mood.

But ya'll have me thinking of vests. Thanks.

.....or in case you undertake a mission into enemy territory. :roflblack: