PDA

View Full Version : Fl Spyderfest riders

effgjamis
04-15-2013, 08:39 AM
Who is riding, trailering, # of days, Departure date/Time to arrive in Springfield, MO for the
Spyderfest??

This list could provide the necessary information for people to meet up and ride together.

I am thinking about Departing the 23rd, about 12:00, at Wildwood Steak and Shake on hwy 44.
Arriving between 12- 15:00 on the 24th at the Comfort Inn. I am not sure about riding and/or trailering.

MouthPiece
04-15-2013, 10:48 AM
Cindy & I, and IvorSpyder will be leaving Sanford around 8:00 A.M., the 20th. We hope to be in Dothan, AlabamER (said like Teddy Kennedy) that night. I can't remember the second stop, but hopefully we'll be in Hot Springs, Arkansas, Monday night. Right now we're supposed to meet up with JohnnyG in Jonesboro, Arkansas, (got it right this time John) on Tuesday night. This plan could change though. It's waaaaaaaay out of the way in going to Springfield. We may just travel on up MissourAH way. Not sure at this point.

Cindy & I will be trailering. I figured that's why I bought it. She'll be able to put all her goodies now to take them with her.

My cell number is 407-444-5533 in case you need me. Call me if you need help. As you know I'm not sure what all I could do to help, but I'll certainly be there for support. I hope that all have a safe AND enjoyable ride. This is our first really long distance haul.

Chris

WolfeeK9
04-15-2013, 01:37 PM
Who is riding, trailering, # of days, Departure date/Time to arrive in Springfield, MO for the
Spyderfest??

This list could provide the necessary information for people to meet up and ride together.

I am thinking about Departing the23rd
, about 12:00, at Wildwood Steak and Shake on hwy 44.
Arriving between 12- 15:00 on the 24th at the Comfort Inn. I am not sure about riding and/or trailering.
5 Spyders 3 trailers leave Groveland, Fl on 22nd
first stop Montgomery Al. Second stop West Memphis Ark then join up with the rest of CFSRA members to ride in together to Spyderfest.

Jharpo
04-15-2013, 02:43 PM
Two for sure, maybe three Spyders leaving Brooksville, US 19 and SR 50 at 7am heading north on US 19 to Thomasville, Ga. Then west on SR 84. Will stop before dark wherever we are. No reservations, no big rush. Will get to Springfield sometime Tuesday. If anyone wants the rest of our route, just let me know.

Jharpo
04-15-2013, 02:47 PM
Two for sure, maybe three Spyders leaving Brooksville, US 19 and SR 50 at 7am heading north on US 19 to Thomasville, Ga. Then west on SR 84. Will stop before dark wherever we are. No reservations, no big rush. Will get to Springfield sometime Tuesday. If anyone wants the rest of our route, just let me know.

If I get lost I'll call Chris and Cindy to bail me out!

MouthPiece
04-15-2013, 04:34 PM
If I get lost I'll call Chris and Cindy to bail me out!

And I'll be there for you in a New York second Janie.

Chris

johnnyg
04-15-2013, 06:08 PM
Carol and I are pulling out from Ocala,Fl on the 22nd around 5:30am. First night will be in Tuscaloasa, Alabama. 2nd night will be in Jonesboro, Arkansas, then will meet up with Chris & Cindy, Ivor, Larry and Jeanatte then will all ride into Springfield together arriving in the PM. We are all staying at the Best Western.

MangoMike
04-15-2013, 07:36 PM
Our 6000 mile adventure begins this Friday with a ride to Jacksonville, FL for lunch, then up to Cumming, GA for a couple of days with our daughter. Leaving Cumming Monday morning headed for Ozark. Figure we'll get to Ozark late Tue, or early Wed depending on the route we take. After Ozark, it's west to Denver, SW to Las Vegas and the Grand Canyon, then back home with a few additional stops thrown in. We figure this will take us 3-4 weeks.

Ain't retirement great :clap:

MouthPiece
04-15-2013, 08:45 PM
Our 6000 mile adventure begins this Friday with a ride to Jacksonville, FL for lunch, then up to Cumming, GA for a couple of days with our daughter. Leaving Cumming Monday morning headed for Ozark. Figure we'll get to Ozark late Tue, or early Wed depending on the route we take. After Ozark, it's west to Denver, SW to Las Vegas and the Grand Canyon, then back home with a few additional stops thrown in. We figure this will take us 3-4 weeks.

I'm envious. Hope to see ya'll at Spyderfest. We're at the Best Western.

Chris

Jharpo
04-15-2013, 09:24 PM

thats my dream trip. I'll have to wait a few years until my room mate retires, but its worth waiting for. Enjoy the ryde! Hope to,see you at Spyderfest.

MangoMike
04-15-2013, 09:32 PM
We are too Chris, we'll certainly see you there...

I'm envious. Hope to see ya'll at Spyderfest. We're at the Best Western.

Chris

Erags
04-15-2013, 09:39 PM
We left Pensacola the 10th drove to South Memphis, and spend the night. Got to Marshfield, Mo. 25 miles east of Springfield the 11th. Now we have been cleaning out my Mom and Dad's house, still have a couple of days of work on it. Stop by Pitbull's Saturday night and Len was still at the shop, so we got to visit with him for a little bit. Taking the wife's :spyder2: to them tomorrow for service and then back to the folks house to finish the cleaning.

For those coming thru Jonesboro, just stay on Hwy 63 to Mo. and just north of West Plains it meets Hwy 60 and it will take you straight to Springfield. You will have about 100 miles of two lane hwy from Black Rock, AR to West Plains but it will be a great ride going thru small towns and lots of hills and curves.

if you want more information, just send me a PM

docdoru
04-16-2013, 06:43 AM
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?50760-Florida-x-Press-to-Spyderfest :doorag:

lookerjdc
04-16-2013, 06:11 PM
there are a group of FL riders meeting up Monday evening in Lake City, the going to W Memphis, then on the Sprinfield

Lilly
04-16-2013, 06:51 PM

Where u gonna eat lunch????????

pickelhead
04-16-2013, 08:09 PM

After Spyder Fest I'll be heading to KS then to Colorado Springs, CO then the Grand Canyon by Way of m Sister's house in Flagstaff, Then A night in Tucson, then Ft Worth, TX then home to NC.

MangoMike
04-16-2013, 08:23 PM
We're stopping by my wife's cousin's house in Middleburg to chat for awhile, then probably ride to Tifton and spend the night.

Where u gonna eat lunch????????

MangoMike
04-16-2013, 08:24 PM
After Spyder Fest I'll be heading to KS then to Colorado Springs, CO then the Grand Canyon by Way of m Sister's house in Flagstaff, Then A night in Tucson, then Ft Worth, TX then home to NC.

Have a great trip. Maybe we'll run into each other at SpyderFest and compare notes...

lookerjdc
04-16-2013, 09:29 PM
safe ride everyone

after Spyderfest, I will be in traction for a week..... lol

gswife
04-18-2013, 12:51 PM
ok got a question for those that are coming home after SF is done are any of you needing to be home Monday for work? And if you are I might need to come back then also and need someone else to ride with.. My husband does not like the idea of me riding by myself all the way back here to FL

I am good for going but if I can't find a fill in for my job :pray: for the 29-30th I need to get back here for those days.

any one help:helpsmilie:

Guess what I got someone to take over for me!!!

MouthPiece
04-22-2013, 07:01 PM
We (Cindy, Ivor and I) arrived in Springfield this afternoon around 4:00 P.M. We went straight to Pit Bull Power Sports. We saw a few people from Flarda. Erags, SpyderDen, Barbs were there. We're staying at the Best Western. Forrest you guys have a safe ride up this way. It looks like the weather MAY be a bit drier than was was anticipated. That's not to say you won't get wet, but I don't think it's gonna be as bad as WAS predicted. It will be cold up here though.

Chris

effgjamis
04-23-2013, 06:56 AM
On the road again... every one ride safe. C ya there...

MouthPiece
04-27-2013, 11:23 AM
On the road again... every one ride safe. C ya there...

You never reported in. Did you make it?

Chris