PDA

View Full Version : A computer Problem Posting here

MrLooney
04-15-2013, 01:37 AM
Not :spyder2: related, but when I am typing a message here; 1. My "Enter" key is not sending the curser to the left side. 2. I can not change font colors. 3. Reset font size so I don't have to keep changing it. 4. Set my Avatar Pic. 5. Set my Mods and aditonal pic at bottom of messages.... Anyone know how? :spyder2: man Dan's head is sore :banghead::banghead::banghead:

CyncySpyder
04-15-2013, 05:07 AM
Some have reported that Internet Explorer 10 has bugs in it causing the very problems with the enter key etc... that you reported. Only solution I seen reported was either to revert back to IE9 or choose Google Chrome or another web browser.
As for your forum questions, here you go. For future reference, toward the top of the page, right under the SpyderLovers Banner, you should see some Links that your can click on, and one should be FAQ which stands for Frequently Asked Questions and that link can take you just about anywhere your Forums questions may need to go to show you the answers that you seek. Good Luck from Teddy & I;)

Signatures, Avatars and Profile PicturesWhat are signatures?
'Signatures' contain information that you want to include at the bottom of all your posts. This might include pictures, links to your site(s), quotes, etc.
What are avatars?
Avatars are small images that people use to identify or distinguish themselves to other forum members. In some cases the administrator will not allow avatars or only allow them for specific members. The administrator can also provide some stock avatars people can use, or they can allow members to upload their own custom avatars from their own computers. These avatars will be displayed as part of the user info in posts, as well as in the public profile.
What are profile pictures?
Profile Pictures are photos members can upload that will display in their public member profile. This option may or may not be enabled by the administrator.
How do I set signatures, avatars and profile pictures?
You can set and change your signature, avatar and profile picture in the User Control Panel (providing the administrator has made these options available).
For signatures, click on 'Edit Signature (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/profile.php?do=editsignature)' under the 'Settings and Options' area of the navigation bar within the User CP.
To select an existing or upload a new avatar, click on 'Edit Avatar (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/profile.php?do=editavatar)'.
To upload a profile picture, click on 'Edit Profile Picture (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/profile.php?do=editprofilepic)' in the 'Your Profile' section.

Bob Denman
04-15-2013, 06:43 AM
Mine has been acting a bit wonky as well :gaah:... No color changes, and no ability to hit "enter" and move the cursor down a line. Still using IE9... :dontknow:

NancysToy
04-15-2013, 07:36 AM
IE 10 will do it. If you have autmatic updates enabled for Windows, you may no even know it was downloaded. As for Bob's problem...:dontknow:

Bob Denman
04-15-2013, 07:57 AM
Sneaky rotten little 'puter-scoundrels... :gaah:

Cruzr Joe
04-15-2013, 07:59 AM
we need gremlin bells for our computers. :chat:

Cruzr joe

Bob Denman
04-15-2013, 08:03 AM
Now I've got another question :shocked:; How do I find my way back to IE9?

NancysToy
04-15-2013, 08:54 AM
Now I've got another question :shocked:; How do I find my way back to IE9?
Go to your Control Panel, go to Install/Remove Programs, uninstall IE 10. Reboot and you should be back in business...at least I was.

Badazzspydee
04-15-2013, 09:03 AM
For those of you who are on IE10 and are having problems with the spyderlovers web site, turn on compatibility mode. In the right corner of the address bar, you should see an icon that looks like a torn piece of paper. Click on this and then try the site. Another way for turning on compatibility mode is to press the Alt key which should cause the menu bar to show. Click on Tools then Compatibility View. When turning this on, the screen will flicker. Things may now work as expected. Hope this helps.

stevedfive
04-15-2013, 09:10 AM
:agree: You have to push the Compatibility Icon on the address bar. I had the same problem and that fixed it.

MrLooney
04-15-2013, 09:27 AM
I hit the compatibility and lets see what happens.

now it is working.... I went to Tool bar; tools; scroll down to Compatibility View and again for compatibility View Settings....

now it is OK I am happy

GREAT HELP AND THANKS FOR EVERYTHING.. I HOPE THIS WILL BE BETTER FOR ALL THE OTHERS TOO :yes::yes: But have to go up to the post it tool bars for the emoticons instead of the list to the right side of this window. I can live with that !!

lyonsden
04-15-2013, 09:57 AM
If you want Spyderlovers.com to always use compatibility mode go to Tools, Compatibility View Settings and add spyderlovers.com. Then it will always use compatibility for this site.

Bob Denman
04-15-2013, 12:20 PM
Well I've switched back to IE9...
And the the crowd goes WILD!!
I had to find IE10 hiding in the updates section; kill it in there, and then pray that IE9 would pop back into place... Whew! :shocked:
Thanks Scotty! :thumbup:

ARtraveler
04-15-2013, 01:30 PM
It is kind of scarry when the computer just does things on its own. You also have to be careful when update things actually show up and ask you yes or no. There are always boxes to check or uncheck concerning unwanted programs or changes.

Another thing that has always had me wondering about automatic updates--spyware programs installed without our knowing about them. I wont say any more. :roflblack:

Bob Denman
04-15-2013, 01:34 PM
I sure was nervous about pulling the plug on "10"; particularly since I didn't see "9" anyplace in the system... :yikes: Anyway; once I realized that I still have a useful computer, I backed the system up with the new/old IE in place! :thumbup: