PDA

View Full Version : Limp Home Mode Problem

spartan2381
04-14-2013, 06:45 PM
I have a 2012 Spyder RS with 500 Miles on it and I have a strange problem with limp home mode activating when I have to press the brake pedal hard. I than have to pull over turn off the bike for a few minutes to clear limp home mode and continue riding. This only happens when I hit the brakes harder than normal. anyone have this issue or know what I should check?

Thanks,

NancysToy
04-14-2013, 07:18 PM
Check your brake fluid level, but I don't think that is likely your problem. Without an addition warning, or without pulling up an active fault code to go by, your dealer is your best bet for an answer.

Texmac1011
04-14-2013, 07:40 PM
Just a thought. My wife had this exact problem with her 2008 RS a few years ago and it turned out to be a wire to the brakelight had rubbed through and was causing a short whenever she braked hard. Apparently, normal braking would not cause enough stress to short the wire, but hard braking did. However, she would blow the fuse eveytime this happened. OP does not say anything about blowing fuses.

boborgera
04-14-2013, 08:06 PM
Like said before, Check your brake fluid, it will look full, But sometimes it will still need a few more drops.!