PDA

View Full Version : What's on your must-pack list for SpyderFest?

SpyderMeLucky
04-13-2013, 05:18 PM
Today, I thought about setting aside those things I must remember to pack - besides the normal clothes, toiletries stuff - for SpyderFest.

For instance I want to include rain gear, which I would normally bring, but forgot to bring last year. Ugh!! Not this year, for sure.

I also thought about bringing something to pass along to others like business cards..

So then, What are your must-remember-to-bring items?

Do you all pack "rags and cleaning fluid" as a standard items, too??

BikerDoc
04-13-2013, 05:38 PM
some type of "base layer " clothing since it could easily be in the 40s in the evenings based on current weather & warm gloves

NancysToy
04-13-2013, 05:43 PM
Today, I thought about setting aside those things I must remember to pack - besides the normal clothes, toiletries stuff - for SpyderFest.

For instance I want to include rain gear, which I would normally bring, but forgot to bring last year. Ugh!! Not this year, for sure.

I also thought about bringing something to pass along to others like business cards..

So then, What are your must-remember-to-bring items?
Most touring riders store their raingear in their saddlebags all the time. Then they are never caught without. :)

KCPete
04-13-2013, 05:49 PM
This year, since the weather has been so flakey, and since we're trailering the RT down with all the other stuff we're bringing, the heated gear is coming along, and our folding rocking camp chairs for the parking lot after-hours meet & greets!!

SpyderMeLucky
04-13-2013, 05:49 PM
Most touring riders store their raingear in their saddlebags all the time. Then they are never caught without. :)

You are SO right about that. When I forgot it and it rained, my rain gear was actually IN the hotel from that morning. For whatever reason, I had unloaded my frunk stuff and left it. I'LL not do that again. LOL

NancysToy
04-13-2013, 05:55 PM
Do you all pack "rags and cleaning fluid" as a standard items, too??
I always keep a California Car Duster, and a packet of Lemon Pledge Wipes in my rear trunk, as well as some microfiber cloths. That being said, I seldom clean anything but my windsheild while I am on the road, unless it is necessary due to a grease or mud bath, or a lot of dust. I do that just to avoid scratching the paint when I put on the cover.

bruiser
04-13-2013, 07:33 PM

Yep. Ours stays in the right rear compartment.

As far as must haves- meds. Enough for the week and then some.

SpyderMeLucky
04-13-2013, 07:37 PM
Definitely must bring a lawn/camp chair. Great idea!!!!!

2ndChildhood
04-13-2013, 07:46 PM
A lawn chair is a Great idea! Thanks

ToM
SpyderFest 2013

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Mad Mike
04-13-2013, 08:15 PM
Don't forget the Monkey Butt powder...or Gold Bond, yellow bottle, Not The Green One!!!! DON'T USE THE GREEN ONE!!!

SpyderMeLucky
04-13-2013, 08:18 PM
Don't forget the Monkey Butt powder...or Gold Bond, yellow bottle, Not The Green One!!!! DON'T USE THE GREEN ONE!!!

Heehee!! Gold bond, yellow bottle. I guess you had some experience with the Green one~~~

Mad Mike
04-13-2013, 08:25 PM
Heehee!! Gold bond, yellow bottle. I guess you had some experience with the Green one~~~

Fifteen Minutes of wishing I could DIE....Very Quickly.....Water has no effect...FIFTEEN MINUTES And it's over......Water boarding ain't got nothing on THE GREEN BOTTLE.....

Farmboy
04-14-2013, 07:34 AM
Tools, tire plugs and pump in rear trunk. clothing in pack pack strapped to my rack on top of rear trunk.

Now for the important cargo... 12 pack in each side box and 30 pack in frunk:doorag:

See ya there!!:yes:

Bob Denman
04-14-2013, 08:14 AM
Tools for in case the "Farkling Bug" bites me... :shocked: Some cleaning "stuff", Duct Tape for those unplanned problems, and Traveling food! :thumbup: Us Type I diabetics never get off the couch without a supply of available calories within a safe reach!

Kungfuspyder
04-14-2013, 08:28 AM
Don't forget the Sharmon toilet paper, that industrial strength brand is like sandpaper at those motels.:roflblack:

Spyderfitz
04-14-2013, 09:18 AM
Our basic needs are coming. They are coffee,portable generator, tools, treats, warm clothing,electronic toys, GPS preloads, tire repair kit, rain gear, our smile, my wife(spyder beauty) and whatever else that comes to mind. The main ingredient is our 2012 RT limited. We are really excited about our first Spyderfest. Mike&Suzette

Captain Fin
04-14-2013, 09:29 AM
I carry brake fluid. Never know when it might need topping off on long Rydes.

Papa
04-14-2013, 09:46 AM
Can of oil, paper funnels a must.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk