PDA

View Full Version : BajaRon Sway Bar Test

jthornton
04-13-2013, 11:04 AM
So on the way home from Hyde's Hideaway Catfish restaurant last night I ask the wife if she wants to take the Spyder to Flapjacks for breakfast. Of course I know the answer is yes before she even thinks about it. In case you don't remember my wife rode once on the Spyder and didn't like the ride at all and would pick the Goldwing every time since then to ride.

This morning it's 43F and a clear blue sky .. we load up and head the 25 miles to Flapjacks to get the best breakfast in Poplar Bluff. After breakfast I ask her how the ride was and she said it was OK... then she says there was non of this (visualize someone swaying back and forth like their neck is in a brace and they are from Maine) back and forth stuff. It's much better now.

I just gotta say THANKS Ron for making the sway bar, you made my wife a happy rider.

On the way home from taking Cocoa to the vet she starts asking questions about the Can Am... see you all at SpyderFest!

John

Chupaca
04-13-2013, 11:55 AM
so we have two happy customers at once...like a new ryde. Hope you both enjoy it as much as all of doooo..!!! :ohyea:

Bob Denman
04-13-2013, 11:58 AM
John, I'm starting to get the impression that your Wife might soon be lobbying for her very own... :shocked: :2thumbs:

BajaRon
04-13-2013, 12:06 PM
John, I'm starting to get the impression that your Wife might soon be lobbying for her very own... :shocked: :2thumbs:

I'd say it's on the radar and closing fast! :thumbup:

That may turn out to be one VERY EXPENSIVE sway bar! :yikes:

Bob Ledford
04-13-2013, 12:11 PM
Having your significant other half wanting her own ride is great. Getting her own ride is better then a cold chocolate shake on a hot summer day ride break!

jthornton
04-13-2013, 01:40 PM

Lets see if I can get her to test drive it... One step at a time.

John

Bob Denman
04-13-2013, 02:00 PM
That may turn out to be one VERY EXPENSIVE sway bar! :yikes: The dealer probably owes YOU the commission on the sale! :thumbup:

jthornton
04-13-2013, 02:02 PM
The dealer probably owes YOU the commission on the sale! :thumbup:

What little he got, I feel for him and will let him keep it...

John

BajaRon
04-13-2013, 05:09 PM
Hey.... I't all good when it's all good. Enjoy!

jthornton
04-14-2013, 06:36 PM
So last night I ask my wife what bike do you want to take tomorrow and she says "we can take the Spyder... you need more practice driving with me on the back."

We went 225 miles today in the beautiful southeast Missouri back roads. I took this photo at a winery stop... she said "in your spare time you will have to teach me".

You be the judge.

John

MrLooney
04-14-2013, 06:55 PM
First comes a :spyder2: then come Mamma who is not so happy on :spyder2: Then comes BaJa Anti Sway Bar. Reluctantly Mamma goes for another RYDE. Mamma comes home with a little Grin. Next think you know she's going to be asking for her own :spyder2: with BaJa Anti Sway Bar. BUT we all know John will get the last word in !! "YES DEAR" :banghead::banghead::banghead: RYDE ON :yes:

jthornton
04-14-2013, 07:04 PM
First comes a :spyder2: then come Mamma who is not so happy on :spyder2: Then comes BajaRon Anti Sway Bar. Reluctantly Mamma goes for another RYDE. Mamma comes home with a little Grin. Next think you know she's going to be asking for her own :spyder2: with BaJa Anti Sway Bar. BUT we all know John will get the last word in !! "YES DEAR" :banghead::banghead::banghead: RYDE ON :yes:

And be happy to do so...

Wasn't that the best BajaRon smile you have ever seen...

John

jthornton
04-15-2013, 10:42 AM
Just to add a couple more Spyder observations by my wife, the passenger handles are more comfortable than the GW and the passenger doesn't get the free ejection seat feel when crossing railroad tracks or other bumps...

JT

BajaRon
04-15-2013, 10:44 AM
Just to add a couple more Spyder observations by my wife, the passenger handles are more comfortable than the GW and the passenger doesn't get the free ejection seat feel when crossing railroad tracks or other bumps...

JT

Not to mention the sun comes out more when you're riding a Spyder! :ohyea:

(Unless you live in Colorado! :yikes:)

cyclelover63
04-28-2013, 08:38 PM
I had SPYDERPOPS install Baja Ron's sway bar on my 2009 GS at Spyderfest this year...I could not believe the difference it made in handling..Especially the crosswinds at highway speeds!.It also rides smoother,without the wishy washy side to side motion ...It truly is like a different bike to ride!..Thanks Ron...BRP should buy these and make them standard issue...I now have Ron's spark plugs,wires and sway bar..Hmmmmm Does BRP stand for BAJA RONS PARTS?????.:clap:

missouriboy
04-29-2013, 03:30 AM
...BRP should buy these and make them standard issue...I alluded to this idea in a prior thread somewhere. Could somebody get this idea going seriously, somehow? I'd hate to see Ron's business get harmed, but this is a SAFETY issue, isn't it?
Seems to me like the industry should be seriously interested and concerned about that! :banghead:

shroth
04-29-2013, 06:19 AM
So I finally had a day off & installed my BajaRon Anti-sway Bar. I think someone stole my body lean!!! It made my RT Limited feel like it was on rails. It's by far THE best mod so far & the best value for the money that I've ever seen. When my wife & I ryde together, we're right at or just over the max weight for the RT. I took it out yesterday & found it to finally not be white knuckle in the turns. Now I have that "give a little & stick" that I was looking for. Great job, Ron!! Ever think of an even thicker bar for those of us that are even more "plus size"??

jthornton
04-29-2013, 06:58 AM
To add even more icing to that cake install a set of Pitt Bull shock re-locators on your ride. With the BajaRon sway bar and the re-locators the bike is even more stable in winds.

JT

NancysToy
04-29-2013, 07:24 AM
I alluded to this idea in a prior thread somewhere. Could somebody get this idea going seriously, somehow? I'd hate to see Ron's business get harmed, but this is a SAFETY issue, isn't it?
Seems to me like the industry should be seriously interested and concerned about that! :banghead:

It is not a safety issue! If you want increased performance, buy the aftermarket swaybar, but nobody should imply that the Spyder is unsafe without this modification. :lecturef_smilie:

Sny
04-29-2013, 08:06 AM
I'll throw my 4 cents in for my wife and I... we both grabbed up BajaRon's anti-sway bars and immediately noticed a pronounced improvement in both low and high speed handling. The best way to describe it would be increased confidence. Without the greatly improved bar, there was a bit of an unsure feeling when pushing it, and a strong likeliness to lift in hard cornering which makes the nanny mad. With Ron's bar it just rails around the corner without the lift and without that sinking feeling when the nanny slaps you down.

Don't get me wrong, like Scotty said, there's nothing wrong with the stock bar. The Spyder handles just fine without. But it feels so much better with!

Now that I have my ST with BRP's upgraded bar, I was hoping I'd get that same feel, but I don't. The upgraded bar from BRP is not as big of a change from stock as Ron's. I'll compensate with other changes, but nothing beats the right anti-sway bar for giving you that confident cornering feel. Ron got this one right!

PrairieSpyder
04-29-2013, 09:02 AM
I'm another Baja Ron Anti-sway Bar convert. I was really skeptical about needing them since few roads around here are have curves. But the improvement was immediately noticeable. My ride home with cross-wind and passing big trucks was sooooooooo much easier.

missouriboy
04-29-2013, 11:29 AM
It is not a safety issue! If you want increased performance, buy the aftermarket swaybar, but nobody should imply that the Spyder is unsafe without this modification. :lecturef_smilie:Then we must agree to disagree. Re-read posts #17 and #20, after mine. Anything that improves safe control is just as much about safety as about performance.

Like our Kansas friend above, I have very few curves in the straight roads here in our flat valley. But when I do encounter one, I struggle to just maintain the "posted" speeds that I can exceed by 10-15 mph easily in a car, which I always maintain are meant for 18-wheelers, not for low-slung sport sedans, etc. I am on the cusp of getting my own BajaRon bar just for the safety reasons, as I'm just an old cruiser, not a hot-rodder.

Correctly configured suspension components that provide optimum control for safe operation in traffic, are not farkles!