PDA

View Full Version : Spyder reverse wish

bjt
05-09-2008, 05:30 AM
Like many others, I have been wanting a 6th gear for the Spyder. There have been many times when I was shifting through the gears and applied the clutch and hit the shifter up only to have nothing happen, then look at the guages to see I'm already in 5th gear. During one of the BRP rep chats over on SpyderTalk.com, the 6th gear topic was brought up and the rep asked if we would be willing to give up reverse to reinstate the 6th forward gear in the tranny. Although I love the reverse, I use it much less than 1% of the time that I'm on the Spyder whereas a 6th gear would be used at least 30 - 40 % of my ride time, maybe more. So my Spyder reverse wish would be that they would offer a 6 speed tranny and have an electric reverse. They could make my "Ultimate Touring Spyder" by combining a SE5 with the 6 speed / electric reverse tranny and a factory hand brake that works like the ones that lamonster and his friends have installed. Name that thing the SE6-T and open their potential customer list up just a bit larger.

:spyder:

Lamonster
05-09-2008, 08:06 PM
All I want is a factory hand brake and you want a whole new tranny. ;D I think are chance are still about the same. ::)

bjt
05-09-2008, 08:21 PM
All I want is a factory hand brake and you want a whole new tranny. ;D I think are chance are still about the same. ::)

You know, if you are going to dream, dream BIG ;D