PDA

View Full Version : How are you prepping bike for spyderfest?

muonwhiz
04-12-2013, 01:28 PM
Since we have a pack list going on another thread, thought it would be good to get everyone's ideas on how spyder prep is going before the big trip. For many of us it will be a journey of several hundred miles or more, and many will be "in between" maintenance times. What are you doing to get your bike road ready besides the typical tire air, oil & water checks... ?

Wiredux
04-12-2013, 02:07 PM
I'm going to give mine a bath prior to the 1100 mile trip.

SpyRyd
04-12-2013, 02:19 PM
Replacing the rear tire even though there is still some life left in it. Didn't want to trust it on the 1000 mile trip to Spyderfest.

bmwlarry
04-12-2013, 02:43 PM
I replaced the Oil & filters.
I also had Shawn at Procaliber go over the bike completely.
Topped off coolant, checked brake fluids.
Belt adjusted
Checked air pressure in tires.
Loaded GPS with 7 routes for seven days with waypoints.
Added rideon in bike as well as trailler tires.
Charged up Scala G4s
Added a extension to battery tender pigtail so it would reach my tank bag for cell phone charging
Fueled her up!

eagle
04-12-2013, 04:07 PM
the main thing i have done is to install a 12v outlet on my dash so i can plug my HEATED vest into it. Will need all the warm clothes i have when leaving for Spyderfest on the 21st. Here in Minnesota the HIGH temps get to 40 maybe, the ground completely covered with 6 in. of snow again.

MouthPiece
04-12-2013, 04:19 PM
Will be taking the spyder to my dealer, Seminole Power Sports, in Sanford, Florida, and have them give it a thorough go over.

I've already taken the RT-622 trailer and confirmed that it had the bearings replaced.

Chris

SpyderAnn01
04-12-2013, 04:42 PM
I just replaced the rear brake rotor and pads and I still need to change the oil. I have some gouges in the paint on my trailer from trying to fit it in the garage and I will be touching them up next week.

Bob Denman
04-12-2013, 05:40 PM
Got it in the shop last week... Oil change, gave the drive belt some tweaking to it's setup, had the tech give it a good "once-over"; he's satisfied that the bike will make the trip if I'm up to it... :shocked: Prior to departure; I'll check my 78% nitrogen that's in the tires :D, and give it a good bath.

thehawk
04-12-2013, 06:15 PM
i put mine in tuesday night for a 14K checkup on wednesday. dealer called; found a water pump seal leak. 3 days to order so i'm looking at getting it back next week. whole lot better they find it on inspection than i find it halfway to ozark:opps:. will start sweating tuesday:pray:

thehawk

docdoru
04-12-2013, 07:16 PM
Fuel pressure modifier and air shifter. :thumbup:

Lamonster
04-12-2013, 07:53 PM
I took mine all apart :shocked:

Illinois Boy
04-12-2013, 08:02 PM
Took mine to the dealer for a full shake-down...

Not a lot needed, thankfully -- but I told them to keep it for a bit and ride it until they were happy.

Well... they must have been REAL HAPPY... had a full tank when dropped-off... got it back with a half-tank! LOL!

That's okay with me though... they knew I would be traveling a few miles on it soon. ;)

NancysToy
04-12-2013, 08:22 PM
Got mine out of the shop.

Bob Denman
04-12-2013, 08:45 PM
:yikes:!!! Oh... that's right; this is no big deal for the "Lamonster" :2thumbs:

JJW SpyderRider
04-12-2013, 08:52 PM
Fresh oil and filters
Grease A-arms
Check bolts and body panels
Check belt tension and adjust if needed
Check all added mods and wiring
Added splash guard foot rest
Added block off plate for the summer
Check tires, pressure, and lug nuts

TicketBait
04-13-2013, 01:26 AM
Since we have a pack list going on another thread, thought it would be good to get everyone's ideas on how spyder prep is going before the big trip. For many of us it will be a journey of several hundred miles or more, and many will be "in between" maintenance times. What are you doing to get your bike road ready besides the typical tire air, oil & water checks... ?

I am reading LOTS of Spyderlovers posts, to stay informed.

GloryRyders
04-13-2013, 05:10 AM
Had her in the shop for new front tires, front end alignment and a general "look see" by my tech and got an "all clear" from him. Gave Glory a bath the other day and still need to give her a wax job before we leave. :2thumbs: See you all at Spyderfest!:yes:

currin20fan
04-13-2013, 05:25 AM

That's not toooooo :shocked:. Hope its together before spyderfest.:yikes:

scooterexpress
04-13-2013, 05:39 AM
took mine to the carwash and had it hand washed and waxed its as smooth as a baby bottom and very shiny.

lookerjdc
04-13-2013, 06:01 AM
took mine to my local dealer to have them check a couple of things and they told me everything is ok and the things I was concerned about can wait till I return when I will be due for my next maintenence

murphybrown
04-13-2013, 06:17 AM
Holy cow I've gotten into my excessive check the weather mode..:yikes:.. As of this moment going east through Montana is out. Going south to Twin Falls Idaho and then east is out bring on the sled dogs!!:banghead:

Bob Denman
04-13-2013, 07:25 AM
You too? :shocked: ;)

flybuddy
04-13-2013, 11:27 AM
I'm going to give mine a bath prior to the 1100 mile trip.

I also clean it good before a long trip, BUT it's about the same as taking a shower before you mud wrestle. You know it's going to be filthy by the time you arrive.