PDA

View Full Version : Spyder RT vs HD TriGlide

Jester
04-12-2013, 07:18 AM
Proved to myself once again how great the RT is:yes:. Several times a year I meet a group of very close friends in various parts of the country for a ride. This past weekend, we were in Gatlinburg for a run through the dragon. Two of my brothers rode their RTs 1,000 miles from Houston (via Natchez). I was delivering a load of furniture to Virginia so my RT is still in its garage and I had to rent a new TriGlide. Very nice and powerful ride.

The first thing I missed were the heated handlebars.. Second was the marvelous SE5 transmission (Particularly while in all the stop and traffic in and around Gatlinburg) As soon as one enters the twisties, one remembers why he is supposed to be on his own RT ;)

Lastly, while you guys are having fun at Spyderfest I will be in Vegas. Anyone know where to beg, borrow or steal an RT

bullant12
04-12-2013, 07:23 AM
Proved to myself once again how great the RT is:yes:. Several times a year I meet a group of very close friends in various parts of the country for a ride. This past weekend, we were in Gatlinburg for a run through the dragon. Two of my brothers rode their RTs 1,000 miles from Houston (via Natchez). I was delivering a load of furniture to Virginia so my RT is still in its garage and I had to rent a new TriGlide. Very nice and powerful ride.

The first thing I missed were the heated handlebars.. Second was the marvelous SE5 transmission (Particularly while in all the stop and traffic in and around Gatlinburg) As soon as one enters the twisties, one remembers why he is supposed to be on his own RT ;)

Lastly, while you guys are having fun at Spyderfest I will be in Vegas. Anyone know where to beg, borrow or steal an RT

Didn't you enjoy the feature on HD Triglide of the vibrating seat adjuster? You vibrate the :cus: of your whole body as well!!!:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Jimmy Neutron
04-12-2013, 07:28 AM
I gotta tell you I loved my Spyder RSS but went to a Harley TrIGlide.. I really enjoy it. Somethings I miss but on a whole the HD just fits my needs better.. I will probably own another Spyder some day as a second bike. But for now its down the road on the Tri

boborgera
04-12-2013, 08:41 AM
I gotta tell you I loved my Spyder RSS but went to a Harley TrIGlide.. I really enjoy it. Somethings I miss but on a whole the HD just fits my needs better.. I will probably own another Spyder some day as a second bike. But for now its down the road on the Tri

I'm with you on that, I have over 16 thousand miles on my Tri, And like i said before , You have to own one to understand it, There not for everyone.!

Cruzr Joe
04-12-2013, 08:56 AM
They are both awesome machines and each has it's own magic about it. :cheers:

Cruzr Joe

murphybrown
04-12-2013, 09:44 AM
The fact that we can keep The wind in our face is what matters!!! :thumbup:

Chupaca
04-12-2013, 10:42 AM
sometimes you don't. Your right there are folks for all kinds. Trikes, side cars, bikes but for me after tangling with all is the reverse trike aka spyder..!! Ride what you like and ride cause you love it..!! :ohyea:

SpyderAnn01
04-12-2013, 10:47 AM
In Las Vegas the best you can hope for is a test drive at one of the two dealers who sell Spyders. ProShop in Henderson and Ride-Now in Las Vegas.

ARtraveler
04-12-2013, 01:44 PM
Ryding is what counts. What you are riding becomes secondary. I have had over 45 assorted rides and liked them all. There are only two that I test drove and did not like--but they are not even worth mentioning.

Jester
04-12-2013, 11:00 PM
:clap:
The fact that we can keep The wind in our face is what matters!!! :thumbup:
Absolutely CORRECT !!