PDA

View Full Version : HID install now vss fault

r1100rider
04-11-2013, 10:21 AM
I installed a hid kit everything went good started the motor a few times lites worked triggered the handle bar switch lites work went for a ride ok stop at a friends house come out hit starter and starter try's lites pulse a few times quick the vss error try a few more times no starter response as soon as starter kicks in the lites pulse then dead starter button then vss pulled the fuses for the lite relay and then it starts there were no polarity diagrams with the kit so does the stock lite plug feed matter to the hid kit this is a 09 rs sm and a zeon dept kit any other ideas?

NancysToy
04-11-2013, 10:53 AM
Sounds like a voltage problem. Probably a weak battery or loose/dirty battery connections, but it could be just the inrush current of the HIDs pulling the battery down.

lightman02
04-11-2013, 11:18 AM
I installed a hid kit everything went good started the motor a few times lites worked triggered the handle bar switch lites work went for a ride ok stop at a friends house come out hit starter and starter try's lites pulse a few times quick the vss error try a few more times no starter response as soon as starter kicks in the lites pulse then dead starter button then vss pulled the fuses for the lite relay and then it starts there were no polarity diagrams with the kit so does the stock lite plug feed matter to the hid kit this is a 09 rs sm and a zeon dept kit any other ideas?

I assume this was some kind of aftermarket kit, not from BRP? In that case you need to be carefull, certain ballasts won't play well with the spyder.

va2djd
04-11-2013, 11:23 AM
Where did you buy you're Hid? Somme one are not
spyder friendly, I use the one from KBcarstuff.com
they work grate with no problem.
I try a lot of hid kit

r1100rider
04-11-2013, 11:28 AM
Where did you buy you're Hid? Somme one are not
spyder friendly, I use the one from KBcarstuff.com
they work grate with no problem.
I try a lot of hid kit
That's the one

alajeu
04-11-2013, 11:36 AM

Say. Did you ever hear of the term "run on sentence"?

wyliec
04-11-2013, 12:27 PM
Shouldn't there be a comma after Say instead of a period?
A term such as run on sentence should either be italicized or in bold.
Using quotation marks when the editor supplies the proper tools is considered bad form.

You failed to mention grammar instead of grammer.

Okay, let's get back on track.

Fire Joe
04-11-2013, 12:32 PM
I assume this was some kind of aftermarket kit, not from BRP? In that case you need to be carefull, certain ballasts won't play well with the spyder.

This was my exact problem when I first tried HIDs. First I used the CD HIDs then I tried the XenonDepot ones and both sets did not like my Spyder at all. Between both sets I was left with a no start issue countless times and had to call for a flatbed twice. Finally bit the bullet and got the BRP HIDs and all is well. I am not saying the aftermarket kits are not good, they just didn't want to work on my ryde.