PDA

View Full Version : Anybody see this Hybrid Tractor at Lowe's ?

Firefly
04-09-2013, 11:31 PM
Saw one of these tonight and must say.. what a GREAT idea. Mower, UTV and generator all in one... at a fair price of $2999.

Chinese company... but made here in USA in North Carolina.

I could see these being modded much like our Spyders are. Don't think I'll spring for a first-year model.... but really like the idea of this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BQBLNvWwUA

Chupaca
04-10-2013, 12:08 AM
if I had the right property I could see one in my future. Very nice looking unit with great ideas...!! :thumbup:

Mo Lee
04-10-2013, 03:57 AM
Been following this for about a month, did see one up close a couple of weeks ago. I would like to see one put thru is paces for a year or so before I would consider it.

rc51ny
04-10-2013, 05:00 AM
I think it's very cool. I just bought a John Deere tractor--wish I had seen this first

harrypottar
04-10-2013, 05:28 AM
Thats pretty neat and not badly priced, my 54 inch garden tractor/mower cost more than that about 7 years ago. I also have a generator for the winter months up here in the North East and an ATV/UTV. That would be all three in one a lot cheaper and less garage space.

I use the ATV out back to do work around the property and I have a winch and plow for it in the winter to do the driveway easier to manipulate than the truck. Our ATV is 420 cc and 4 wheel drive but paid well over 6k for it. Would like to see this a bit more beefier with 4 wheel drive, would cost more but still way cheaper than I'm in for all three devices now.

I really like that. any one gets one please let us know how it is in the real world.

thanks for posting knew nothing about this one

harry

PrairieSpyder
04-10-2013, 08:31 AM
Thats pretty neat and not badly priced, my 54 inch garden tractor/mower cost more than that about 7 years ago. I also have a generator for the winter months up here in the North East and an ATV/UTV. That would be all three in one a lot cheaper and less garage space.

I use the ATV out back to do work around the property and I have a winch and plow for it in the winter to do the driveway easier to manipulate than the truck. Our ATV is 420 cc and 4 wheel drive but paid well over 6k for it. Would like to see this a bit more beefier with 4 wheel drive, would cost more but still way cheaper than I'm in for all three devices now.

I really like that. any one gets one please let us know how it is in the real world.

thanks for posting knew nothing about this one

harry

But if the power is out and you have to clear snow from your drive, you'd have to either go without electricity or stay home! :gaah:

It actually looks like a good idea. Does it have a power take-off too?

bullant12
04-10-2013, 09:20 AM
http://news.consumerreports.org/home/2013/03/lowes-speedy-raven-mower-back-on-sale-after-flaws-fixed.html

grumpybob
04-10-2013, 10:57 AM
I need a new lawn tractor, think I stick to a conventional one for now though.

Firefly
04-10-2013, 01:20 PM
http://news.consumerreports.org/home/2013/03/lowes-speedy-raven-mower-back-on-sale-after-flaws-fixed.html

Yeah.. saw this too.. and some other reports of some issues.... but have heard the company really steps up and takes care of customers. With such a new idea and technology there are bound to be 1st year problems (ask me how I know.... lol).

I don't *need* one.... but I'd sure *like* one!

Not in the cards right now.

I mow a few yards and do other work at GF's and mom's houses and with this going 17 mph I'd probably just drive it where I needed to go instead of loading up trailer,etc.

Would be great to have portable power too.

No PTO, but I guess a snowplow is coming out this fall.

I'd wait a year or two and see what the new models come up with and how these ones last.

ARtraveler
04-10-2013, 02:35 PM
Appropriate timing for sure. I would also adopt a wait and see on this one. I am at my annual-- should I buy a riding lawn mower or continue to have the landscaping company do my lawn every other week? A season costs about half the price of a low priced mower. I can't walk the area using my self propelled mower, but I can sure ride for an hour or so. Decisions, decisions.

coz
04-10-2013, 02:47 PM
THOSE PEOPLE WERE N O T WEARING HELMETS ! ! ! :yikes:

Bob Denman
04-10-2013, 06:35 PM
The Missus and I had to get a new one this Spring; we looked at the Raven, but decided that we'd stick with a conventional (and proven) design for the time being... Husqvarna V2246. :thumbup:

spyder-dude
04-10-2013, 07:35 PM
Interesting!

Firefly
04-11-2013, 08:22 AM
Appropriate timing for sure. I would also adopt a wait and see on this one. I am at my annual-- should I buy a riding lawn mower or continue to have the landscaping company do my lawn every other week? A season costs about half the price of a low priced mower. I can't walk the area using my self propelled mower, but I can sure ride for an hour or so. Decisions, decisions.

Lately I'm more of the mind to let someone else do it so I can spend more time on Spyder!

Bob Denman
04-11-2013, 08:27 AM
:agree: That's why I LET the Missus mow the lawn... :roflblack:

bruiser
04-11-2013, 08:46 AM
One thing I'm concerned about is the mower blades are driven by DC motors. Although they're direct drive which means good power to the blades, I have to wonder how long the motors would last and are they servicable,

MidLifeCrisis
04-11-2013, 09:41 AM
:agree: That's why I LET the Missus mow the lawn... :roflblack:

I bow to thee. :D

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Bob Denman
04-11-2013, 09:43 AM
:D She likes to mow... and I like to let her! :thumbup:

harrypottar
04-11-2013, 01:38 PM
I was at Lowes last night and they had them there, look better in real life. The sales clerk said there will be plow and snow blower attachments for this winter. I have a husqvarna 54 inch cut garden tractor at the moment and a cyclone rake for the leaves. We have tons of trees and a huge forest behind our house to the cyclone rake is a must.

Would want to try one first our garden tractor as a lot of umph, not sure if the electric motors cut take the punshment, tons of acorns as well.

Intrested but need to play with one first.

harry

Bob Denman
04-11-2013, 02:31 PM
How do the Husqvarnas hold up? I've got a new one (ZERO hours on it) sitting in the garage; waiting for the grass to just dare and stick it's head out! I had an Ariens prior to this one; that old dog lasted 30 years! :thumbup:

pslawing
04-11-2013, 06:09 PM
How do you like your cyclone rake? We're thinking of getting one. Seems like u can't loose cause they will take back if u don't like it.

Bob Ledford
04-11-2013, 07:07 PM
Pure cool

harrypottar
04-11-2013, 09:15 PM
Cyclone rake was one of the best things I ever bought, I have quite a bit of land littered with trees, mainly oak. Now I just hook this to the back of the tractor and ride around, sucks up acorns,leaves and mulches them to a pulp. I dump the pulp a ways down back in different piles each season, after about year or so you end up with first class compost. I have the vacuum tube attachment that's allows me to suck up all the leaves around he edge of the house and the rock gardens.

It will suck up most things except sodden leaves, wet or damp leaves are fine, but really soggy leaves stick to the tube and plug it up.

The husqvarna as been no trouble, had that for years, always starts just done oil chanes on it every couple of years. Use it to cut crass, pull the cyclone rake, which by the way can get very heavy. It fills up with mulched leaves and holds a lot, the tractor pulls it no problem though hills, forest and mud. It as gotten stuck a couple of time more my fault and the path I drive but I have a winch on the ATV that pulls it out in real jams. Great product very very reliable.

But I have a problem, huge problem I'm a tech gadget freak, the more it does the more I want it. This raven look cool, it's a tractor/ATV, mower and generator, cue Bond theme.....

when they add the snow blower and plow I won't be able to resist....:gaah:
I would have made some body changes, should have made the front square and flat the top with a rack to haul stuff. I use my ATV a lot to move stuff around, my wife likes to grow her own vegetables and flowers so we do a bit of crop rotation I'm always hauling compost, pots to she'd and out back.

Don't get me started on the you tube video of the ATV/jet ski...

harry

DLewis
04-11-2013, 09:42 PM
I'm in the don't "need" one but would really "like" one catagory also. Pretty cool looking machine.

pslawing
04-12-2013, 07:40 AM
Thanks Harry! Great review. We'll probably order one after spyderfest!