PDA

View Full Version : Best Warranty

spyderrider44
05-06-2008, 12:49 AM
Was wondering what the charge for the Best warranty is have not checked with dealer yet .Curious if it is different in different parts of the country, i am in California. :spyder:

Rando
05-06-2008, 06:21 AM
They wanted $1,000 for the B.E.S.T. (not Plus) 3 year additional here at the dealership in Belleville, MI. I was able to talk them down to $800. I am thinking about upgrading to the Plus if they are willing to give me a fair price.

Star Cruiser
05-06-2008, 04:33 PM
What is the difference in coverage between the B.E.S.T and the PLUS warranty?

I will want to get an extended warranty of some sort on my Spyder (There is a lot of electronics on this baby) :spyder:

Dyno824
05-06-2008, 06:38 PM
My friend Joe payed about a 1000 for his best warranty.Didnt know there are 2 versions of best,have to research,unless somebody knows out here.With all these issues going on with some spyders, thinking on getting Best.Ive heard you have untill your first service to sign up anybody know if this is true? Im Thinking negative here,but lets say my belt breaks on me out in the middle of Montana on my once in a life time ride and suddenly im surrounded by grizzly bears think a Big gun and a cell phone to call a tow to the nearest spyder dealer which they offer .A1000 bucks would be worth it. That dealer i think would be in Washington,what a tow or bill that would be. Regards form the Beautiful Oregon Coast #824

spyder-dude
05-06-2008, 08:30 PM
1. What is B.E.S.T.?
BRP Extended Service Terms ("B.E.S.T.") is an extended service plan designed to create a new income opportunity for BRP and its authorized dealers. B.E.S.T. is a very affordable product, which can either be included in every new sale or sold at retail to existing customers. It offers a valuable additional extended service plan and also has a customer retention focus with its annual maintenance plan, which brings customers back to BRP dealers for services.
2. Features
Two plans to choose from:
- B.E.S.T. Plus: extended service coverage + 10-hour check (off road vehicles)/600 mile inspection (Spyder roadster) and annual maintenance
- Regular B.E.S.T.: extended service coverage only
Covers eligible Ski-Doo® snowmobiles, Sea-Doo® PWCs, Can-AmTM ATVs and roadsters and RotaxTM Powered Sea-Doo Sport Boats.
Covers all components unless specifically excluded.
Coverage available for a full 3-year extended period beyond the manufacturer's warranty. Customers can purchase in 12, 24, 36 month’s blocks.
Unlimited mileage/hours protection.
Coverage is fully transferable but non-cancelable, at no charge*.
Repairs are subject to a deductible of only $50 for each repair order (except for Emergency Roadside Assistance offered on Spyder roadsters).
Ability to purchase extra coverage while B.E.S.T. contract is still active.
Higher consumer acceptance for factory backed warranty protection.
Fully integrated into BOSSWeb for ease of use.
* Or according to state laws.
Emergency Roadside Assistance (Can-Am roadsters only)
With B.E.S.T., your Spyder customers not only get to enjoy up to 3 years of peace of mind beyond BRP's Limited Warranty, they also receive free Emergency Roadside Assistance starting right at the beginning of their Spyder's Limited Warranty!
BRP's Emergency Roadside Assistance includes:
24 hours a day, 365 days a year service and assistance with a dedicated 1-888 line
Towing, battery failure, flat tire, fluid delivery and lost/broken key assistance
Service right at the start of their Spyder’s 2-year Limited Warranty (up to 5 years)
No deductible applies on this service
$200 benefit limit per occurrence
Services across the USA and Canada
Can I buy a B.E.S.T. protection plan any time I want?
You can purchase, upgrade from B.E.S.T. to B.E.S.T. Plus, or extend your B.E.S.T. protection at any time if your BRP vehicle is still under the manufacturer’s limited warranty or a current B.E.S.T. contract.
What’s the difference between B.E.S.T. and B.E.S.T. Plus?
While B.E.S.T. offers an extension of BRP’s limited warranty, B.E.S.T. Plus goes that extra mile with a 10-hour check (off-road vehicles) or 600 mile inspection (Can-Am™ roadsters) and annual maintenance for the entire B.E.S.T. protection period.
Can I replace my current Ski-Doo “B.E.S.T. Engine Only” coverage with full B.E.S.T. protection?
Absolutely! You can upgrade to B.E.S.T. or B.E.S.T. Plus at any time. Talk to your BRP dealer.
Will my B.E.S.T. coverage be cut off after a certain number of miles or hours of use?
No. B.E.S.T. has no mileage or usage restrictions. Ride as far as you want, as long as you want!
Why is the B.E.S.T. protection plan the right choice for my BRP vehicle?
Nobody knows your vehicle better than BRP-certified technicians. And they use only genuine BRP parts for your repairs. You can’t find a better team to keep your vehicle in top condition!
Learn more from your authorized BRP dealer
Extending your warranty
The best coverage for the best vehicles!
B.E.S.T. offers 12-, 24- or 36-month coverage beyond the manufacturer’s warranty, kicking in the second your vehicle’s limited warranty expires.
Nationwide service
Coverage that travels with you!
The great outdoors is even greater when you’re riding worry-free! You’re always covered, whether you’re on the trail or on the water, B.E.S.T. repairs can be done through any authorized BRP dealer in North America.
Only genuine BRP parts and service
Trust the team that built your vehicle!
The B.E.S.T. protection plan guarantees service from BRP-certified technicians using only genuine BRP parts, so your vehicle runs as well as the day it rolled off the assembly line.
Fully transferable, at no cost
The ultimate accessory!
B.E.S.T. transfers ownership whenever your vehicle changes hands, at no cost to either the buyer or seller.
Unlimited mileage protection
Hit the road without watching the clock!
The B.E.S.T. protection plan doesn’t saddle participants with mileage, usage or time restrictions. Our goal is to make sure you can depend on your vehicle and get maximum enjoyment out of it.
Best coverage
Best parts
Best value
Enjoyevery minute of the ride!
ENGINE:
• Pistons
• Cylinder heads
• Cylinders
• Muffler
• Crankshaft
TRANSMISSION/PROPULSION:
• Drive shaft
• Jet pump
• Riding plate
• Venturi
• Transmission
BRAKES:
• Callipers
• Master cylinder
• ABS
• Speed sensors
IGNITION & STARTER:
• Rewind starter
• Starter relay
• Starter drive
• Stator
• Magneto
• Electric starter
SUSPENSION & DRIVE SYSTEM:
• Differential
• Drive shaft
• CV joints
• Drive axle
• Countershaft
• Chaincase
ELECTRICAL:
• Ignition switch
• Voltage regulator
• Electronic modules
• Speedometer/Tachometer
• Vehicle stability system
FUEL SYSTEM:
• Fuel tank
• Fuel injector
• Fuel pump
• Carburetor
• Throttle body
B.E.S.T. coverage doesn’t just protect your vehicle – it also protects your wallet!
You only have to pay the first $50 of the total cost of covered components during each repair visit.
B.E.S.T. Coverage that really lives up to its name!
Note: accessories, normal wear and maintenance items such as tires,batteries, bulbs, filters and lubricants are not covered.
Parts, parts and more parts
Ride as much as you like without worrying about:
* The maximum total coverage – including BRP's Limited Warranty – is 60 months on Can-Am roadsters,48 months on Ski-Doo and Sea-Doo vehicles and 42 months on Can-Am ATVs.
The B.E.S.T. protection plan covers most Ski-Doo® snowmobiles, Can-AmTM ATVs and roadsters, and Sea-Doo® PWC and sport boats.
Signing up for BRP Extended Service Terms (B.E.S.T.) is like signing a contract with BRP itself. You get the added peace of mind that comes with knowing your vehicle is covered and will be serviced by the company that built it.
The BRP team is committed to offering you the best in the industry. The B.E.S.T. protection plan for the best products!
EMERGENCY ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE (Can-Am Roadsters only)
With B.E.S.T., you get to enjoy up to 3 years of peace of mind beyond BRP's Limited Warranty and also receive free Emergency Roadside Assistance starting right at the beginning of your roadster's Limited Warranty!
BRP's Emergency Roadside Assistance includes:
• 24 hours a day, 365 days a year service with a dedicated toll free line
• Towing, battery failure, flat tire, fluid delivery and lost/broken key assistance
• Service right at the start of your roadster’s 2-year Limited Warranty (up to 5 years)
• No deductible applies on this service
• Towing to the nearest authorized Can-Am roadster dealership
• $200 benefit limit per occurrence
• Services across the USA and Canada
FEATURES & BENEFITS
3. B.E.S.T. Coverage
The B.E.S.T. service contract covers most vehicle components and repair costs of any covered
original part that fails on the covered vehicle as a result of mechanical breakdown.
Items not covered under this B.E.S.T contract are:
* Breakdowns that are related to improper routine maintenance, operation or care.
* Parts that are not broken or needlessly replaced.
* All maintenance items unless consequential damage related to a covered item, such as, but not limited to: Air filters, fluids, lubricants, oil filters and spark plugs.
* All normal wear items unless consequential damage related to a covered item, such as, but not limited to: anodes, batteries, belts, brake disks, brake drums, brake pads, bulbs, clutch pads, clutch plates, clutch sliders, clutch springs, replaceable clutch bushings, suspension slider shoes, tires and tracks.
* Other items not covered unless consequential damage related to a covered item: bent shift forks, cables and cable attaching hardware, CV joint boots, external chains, external sprockets, fuses, hoses, loose securing hardware, shock absorbers and shock absorber internal or external components.
* Electrical connectors and terminals and wires unless consequential damage related to a covered item.
* Cosmetic damages or any body components unless consequential damage related to a covered item.
* Hull or Deck or Frame damages unless consequential damage related to a covered item or unless it is a structural defect.
* Damages related to acts of God.
Please refer to the back of the B.E.S.T. service contract for further details.
4. Emergency Roadside Assistance Coverage (Spyder roadsters only)
Roadside Assistance provides the following services:
(1.) Towing Assistance - In the case of a roadside emergency the Covered Can-Am roadster will be towed to the closest BRP Can-Am roadster authorized dealership.
(2.) Battery Service - If a battery failure occurs on the Covered Can-Am roadster, start-up or towing assistance to the nearest BRP Can-Am roadster authorized dealership will be provided.
(3.) Flat Tire Assistance - If the Covered Can-Am roadster has a flat tire, towing assistance will be provided to tow the disabled vehicle to the closest BRP Can-Am roadster authorized dealership.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
3 3
(4.) Fuel, Oil, Fluid or Water Delivery Service – If a roadside emergency occurs where the Covered Can-Am roadster requires an emergency supply of fuel, oil, fluid or water, arrangements will be made for delivery of the appropriate fluids to the Owner. Owner must pay for the fuel, oil, fluid, or water when it is delivered.
(5.) Lost/Broken Key Assistance - Should a key be accidentally broken off in the ignition or lost for the Covered Can-Am roadster, roadside assistance will provide assistance through the removal of the broken key and/or towing to the nearest BRP Can-Am roadster authorized dealership.
(6.) Collision Assistance – If the Covered Can-Am roadster is involved in a collision, assistance will be provided for towing to the nearest BRP Can-Am roadster authorized dealership.
(7.) Extrication Assistance – If the Covered Can-Am roadster is stuck in a ditch or other inaccessible area extrication assistance will be provided if such location is no farther than 50 yards of a paved road or highway.
The following items are not included as part of the emergency roadside assistance benefit: Cost of parts, replacement keys, fluids, lubricants, or cost of fuel, material, additional labor relating to towing, or the cost of installation of products. Non-emergency mounting or removing of any tires. Tire Repair. Any vehicle used in racing or for commercial purposes. Any and all taxes or fines. Damage or disablement due to fire, flood or vandalism. Towing from, service or repair work performed at a non-BRP Can-Am roadster authorized dealership.
Service on a vehicle that is not in a safe condition to be towed. Non-emergency towing or other non-emergency service. Impound towing or towing by other than an authorized service provider. Vehicle storage charges. Towing or service on roads not regularly maintained, such as sand beaches, open fields, forests, and areas designated as not passable due to construction, etc. Towing at the direction of a law enforcement officer relating to traffic obstruction, impoundment, abandonment, illegal parking, or other violations of law. Coverage shall not be provided in the event of emergencies resulting from the use of intoxicants or narcotics, or the use of the automobile, motorcycle or other vehicle in the commission of a felony. Only one disablement for the same service type during any seven day period will be accepted. Repeated service calls for a covered vehicle in need of routine maintenance or repair. Service secured through any source other than Road America Motor Club - THIS IS NOT A REIMBURSEMENT SERVICE.
Owner's obligations
Owner must call 1-866-477-1415 to receive Emergency Roadside Assistance services.
Owner must be with the Covered Can-Am roadster when the service provider arrives.
Owner is responsible for any costs in excess of $200.00 and all non-covered expenses.
Please refer to the back of the B.E.S.T. contract form for further details.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
4 4
5. B.E.S.T. Plus
The covered vehicle shall receive at no additional cost the 10-hour check/600 mile inspection as outlined in the applicable Operator’s Guide and one annual maintenance for every 12-month B.E.S.T. Plus protection period (B.E.S.T. Plus 3 years = 3 maintenance). Please refer to your Operator’s Guide for a description of the annual maintenance.

Star Cruiser
05-06-2008, 11:44 PM
What’s the difference between B.E.S.T. and B.E.S.T. Plus?
While B.E.S.T. offers an extension of BRP’s limited warranty, B.E.S.T. Plus goes that extra mile with a 10-hour check (off-road vehicles) or 600 mile inspection (Can-Am™ roadsters) and annual maintenance for the entire B.E.S.T. protection period.

Thanks Spyder-Dude.
Looks like I should go with the B.E.S.T. Plus. You've said it ALL

TJ_Spyder
05-07-2008, 12:22 AM
In certain states like Florida the warranty prices are regulated. The dealer has to charge MSRP, hence I paid $1295 for the 2 year BEST Plus. So far I saved $275 on the 600 mile service...omly $1020 to go. ;D

spyderrider44
05-07-2008, 01:00 AM
:spyder:Thanks Spyder-Dude for the info. helps a lot :bigthumbsup:

Rando
05-07-2008, 05:59 AM
I stopped by my dealership yesterday to discuss the B.E.S.T. Plus plan. I have the basic B.E.S.T. and would like to add the Plus prior to my first service. He said that the Plus is a waste of money because he showed me the fine print on the contract and it only says that it covers the INSPECTION ONLY and does not cover the labor or the materials for the actual oil changes or other items that need to be replaced or repaired!

So, is he wrong and how can I prove to him otherwise? He showed me the "fine print" and it clearly states, "INSPECTION ONLY". Basically those items in the owners manual that have an "I" next to them is what he claims is covered.

He made a phone call to BRP and they told him that what is covered under the Plus plan is up to the individual dealership!!!! What kind of B*** S**t is this?

spyder-dude
05-07-2008, 07:22 AM
:spyder:Thanks Spyder-Dude for the info. helps a lot :bigthumbsup:

I would waste the money on the Best Plus.....The first service is alright....but the annual maintenance is a joke (basically visually inspecting brakes, tires, etc (Anyone can do this themselves)...not worth the extra $1000-$1300.

dltang
05-07-2008, 03:19 PM
I stopped by my dealership yesterday to discuss the B.E.S.T. Plus plan. I have the basic B.E.S.T. and would like to add the Plus prior to my first service. He said that the Plus is a waste of money because he showed me the fine print on the contract and it only says that it covers the INSPECTION ONLY and does not cover the labor or the materials for the actual oil changes or other items that need to be replaced or repaired!

So, is he wrong and how can I prove to him otherwise? He showed me the "fine print" and it clearly states, "INSPECTION ONLY". Basically those items in the owners manual that have an "I" next to them is what he claims is covered.

He made a phone call to BRP and they told him that what is covered under the Plus plan is up to the individual dealership!!!! What kind of B*** S**t is this?

Yup he is wrong, I have BEST PLUS and I got my first service, oil change, labor and all taken care of with it. That is why I bought it. Even if it comes out as a wash as far as the additional cost of the Best Plus compared with paying out of pocket for 1st service and annual inspections, they are prepaid now. The brochure clearly states, your first "Service" is included. I would see if there is another authorized dealer near you. My husband had his taken care of at his first 600 mile service as well, no out of pocket cost at all. We prepaid it with our Best Plus, it was $1399 for a 3 year warranty. I think that is $400 more than the plain BEST for 36 months. I figured I would pay $400 out of pocket over the next few years in annual inspections and first service. It seemed worth it to me and I still think it was. Good luck to you.

I almost forgot, the service manager told me he just sends the service invoice to the BEST Plus warranty people and they reimburse the dealership anyway. That is the impression I was given. So I don't know why dealership wouldn't handle it. Unless they don't want to wait to get paid for the service they do.

TJ_Spyder
05-07-2008, 05:26 PM
Ditto it was only $400 extra on top of the BEST, $1295 total. So in reality I only need to get another $125 out of the PLUS. The whole cost of the 600 mile service ($275) as stated above was covered.

spyderrider44
05-09-2008, 02:04 AM
:( sounds like some of these dealers are just making up things as they go, seems like they would all be on the the same page!! Oh well keep the fingers x and hope your dealer is a good one :spyder: :spyder:

BRPjunkie
05-09-2008, 08:30 AM
The reply that said watch the fine print is good advice. BEST PLUS does cover the cost of first "service" which does include oil change and specific adjustments and inspections. The BEST PLUS says that it covers annual maintenance. The owners manual defines almost all annual maintenance items as "inspections". Even oil change is not listed as an annual service and it is shown as responsibility of the owner, not the dealer. They can take the position that they performed the inspection for free (labor), but the cost of replacing any materials or parts not covered by warranty is the owner's cost. I am always interested in extended warranties, particularly with first year highly technical products. For a company that charges $650 for a rack/backrest combo, they can't think that they can cover the cost of the first service and five years of real maintenance costs for $400".

Unfortunately, every dealer has their own way of selling the BEST coverage and BRP always punts to the dealer when asked for information. Dealer obviously have some room to add mark up and negotiate, but BRP does not disclose their suggested price. The basic BEST coverage is pretty clear, but BEST PLUS puts you between the dealer and BRP and we know where that leaves you.

If anyone has had actual experience with BEST PLUS on another BRP product, that might provide some guidance.