PDA

View Full Version : ST Limited heated grips?

billybovine
04-08-2013, 09:21 PM
Last week I was in a dealer showroom discussing the merits of maybe taking the ST Limited off his hands. I noticed there was no switch for the heated grips, which I thought came with it and I asked the salesman about it. He said that it was an option and not a standard item on the limited. I just figured I was mistaken and forgot about it. Today I was looking at the accessories catalog and it said the heated are standard on the ST Limited. MMM I look at the brochure and the spec sheet and they both state heated rider grips. MMMMMMM So I called the salesman today and asked about it again and told him what I found. He said he would give BRP a call and likely have an answer for me tomorrow. What I am wondering is what you folks that have already bought one got. Heated grips or not?

flamingobabe
04-08-2013, 09:31 PM
Heated grip is not an option on the Limited...it is standard....love my heated grips

billybovine
04-08-2013, 09:40 PM
Heated grip is not an option on the Limited...it is standard....love my heated grips

Thanks good to know.

Spyder lady 66
04-08-2013, 09:45 PM
My limited also came with heated grips as standard!!!

Thanks good to know.

Paulf10
04-08-2013, 10:55 PM
Salesmen with little or no knowledge of the product they are trying to sell, are usually a sign of a bad dealership. Good dealerships don't hold on to bad people.

First this guy tells you it's not standard. Then when you challenge him, he says he needs to check with BRP! ( I would suspect that to be a 5 minute phone call that could / should be done immediately) Regardless, shouldn't this guy know this stuff??!! If you were the owner and cared about your customers, would you keep this guy on?

Between my wife and I, we have bought many new cars and motorcycles over the last 40 years. Whenever it started off like your describing, it never ended well. Now I choose my dealers much more carefully. Even if they are further away.

Good luck, and please choose carefully.

webweaver
04-09-2013, 07:28 AM
Heated grips are standard on the ST Limited. Hope you enjoy them as much as I have. Penny

weapon
04-09-2013, 08:09 AM
I put heated grips on my STS. They are an option on the S and I love them.
It is nice not having to wear bulky gloves.

Lamonster
04-09-2013, 08:43 AM
Last week I was in a dealer showroom discussing the merits of maybe taking the ST Limited off his hands. I noticed there was no switch for the heated grips, which I thought came with it and I asked the salesman about it. He said that it was an option and not a standard item on the limited. I just figured I was mistaken and forgot about it. Today I was looking at the accessories catalog and it said the heated are standard on the ST Limited. MMM I look at the brochure and the spec sheet and they both state heated rider grips. MMMMMMM So I called the salesman today and asked about it again and told him what I found. He said he would give BRP a call and likely have an answer for me tomorrow. What I am wondering is what you folks that have already bought one got. Heated grips or not?

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?50637-You-must-be-a-Spyder-lover!&p=600558&viewfull=1#post600558 :doorag:

spyder3
04-09-2013, 08:56 AM
Why would a salesman have to call BRP about an option, if the bike(s) is sitting right in front of him...:banghead::banghead:

mjw930
04-09-2013, 09:07 AM
Directly from the Canadian Can-Am site, no need to call BRP, a 15 seconds web search provides the answer.

SPYDER ST LIMITED

Overview

Indulge your touring side with the luxury and comfort of the Spyder ST Limited, from the Garmin† navigation system and chrome details to the rider thermal grips and extra storage for long hauls. Plus, the Spyder ST Limited comes with all of the features and amenities of the Spyder ST-S.

Highlights

It includes all Spyder ST-S features, plus:

12-spoke chrome front rims
AM/FM audio system with iPod† cable
Garmin† Zumo 660 GPS with Bluetooth† capability
Removable Saddlebag kit with color-matched panels
Embroidered Spyder ST Limited seat
Chrome trim
Rider heated grips
Front cargo liner
12V power outlet
Compatible with the optional RT-622 trailer

These aren't dealer installed options so how could they have a bike on the floor without them UNLESS it's not a Limited but an ST ot ST-S with optional saddle bags?

billybovine
04-09-2013, 10:01 AM
I received the call back from the dealer. It appears that BRP had to do some investigating because they were surprised that the ST Limited this dealer had did not have the heated grips and he was the first to call about it. The dealer was told by BRP that a production error was made and a series of ST Limiteds were built without heated grips. I asked the question of how many and the dealer did not know. Of course it was not all of them from the responses on this thread, thank you very much by the way. I have no doubt that BRP will fix them all now that they know. As for the dealer I am sure he did believe that it did not come with this feature and was simple error on his part.

mjw930
04-09-2013, 10:20 AM
Agreed, it's hard to blame the dealer when they have a Limited sitting on the floor without heated grips. It wouldn't be the first time something was published on the website and was different in person.

I do know the heated grips were backordered for a while, maybe they decided to build these units without the heated grips instead and follow on later with sending them to the dealers OR, like Chrysler did when they were having trouble meeting the demand of the Grand Cherokee when it first came out, they decontented some models and adjusted the MSRP and dealer cost. The dealer needs to see if their invoice was adjusted down for the lack of heated grips......

ElZorroRides
04-18-2013, 03:45 PM
Well as you know by now, they are a standard feature but being a Limited, I'm surprised as to how limited the number of standard features are on this model compared to my wife's RT-Limited. No electric windshield :dontknow:, no luggage bags of any type, no fog light's, etc, etc..... I guess for the ST's, Limited means theres a limit on what you get with it....lol.

AutumnCat
05-03-2013, 11:00 PM
Well as you know by now, they are a standard feature but being a Limited, I'm surprised as to how limited the number of standard features are on this model compared to my wife's RT-Limited. No electric windshield :dontknow:, no luggage bags of any type, no fog light's, etc, etc..... I guess for the ST's, Limited means theres a limit on what you get with it....lol.

We just test rode the ST-L today. They DO come standard with saddle bags. Definitely think they should include the fog lights, too, though. Hubby would have liked to have seen the push button adjustable shocks.

ARtraveler
05-04-2013, 01:49 PM
I received the call back from the dealer. It appears that BRP had to do some investigating because they were surprised that the ST Limited this dealer had did not have the heated grips and he was the first to call about it. The dealer was told by BRP that a production error was made and a series of ST Limiteds were built without heated grips. I asked the question of how many and the dealer did not know. Of course it was not all of them from the responses on this thread, thank you very much by the way. I have no doubt that BRP will fix them all now that they know. As for the dealer I am sure he did believe that it did not come with this feature and was simple error on his part.

Glad to hear you got an answer and posted the results. My other thought was going to be--were they trying to pass of an RS as an ST--but we don't have to go there :thumbup:

SPYDERFUZZ
07-11-2013, 05:33 PM
I'm new also but I do know I bought RT Limited and it has heated grips driver and passenger, electric windshield, air compressor for back shock, radio controls for both. I bought my RT LTD with 550 miles on it. When I picked it up the sales person said it was so close to 600 miles that they went ahead and did that for me at no charge. (Saved $500) He also said all the issues that related to the 2012 had been addressed. Now being new, is there a great difference between an RS LMT and a RT LMT? I was thinking maybe this is where the misunderstanding came from.

billybovine
07-11-2013, 06:11 PM
I'm new also but I do know I bought RT Limited and it has heated grips driver and passenger, electric windshield, air compressor for back shock, radio controls for both. I bought my RT LTD with 550 miles on it. When I picked it up the sales person said it was so close to 600 miles that they went ahead and did that for me at no charge. (Saved $500) He also said all the issues that related to the 2012 had been addressed. Now being new, is there a great difference between an RS LMT and a RT LMT? I was thinking maybe this is where the misunderstanding came from.

I bought that ST Limited as it turned out the factory forgot to install the switch in the switch.

Jharpo
07-13-2013, 11:20 PM
My ST Limited did have the heated grips. My salesman didn't know it had a radio. I asked him how to adjust the radio, and he said it didn't have one. I also mentioned that I was disappointed that it doesn't have fog lights, and he said "It doesn't ?" At least he did give me a follow up call and did give me a good price and a good trade in on my 2009 GS.

Benggolf
10-05-2013, 12:12 AM
Yes, the ST Limited comes with heat grips. After spending some time on my friend's ST Limited, I got to like the heated grips so much I had heated grips installed in our STS. :thumbup:

Very nice option to have for those riding in cold weather.

Highwayman2013
10-05-2013, 04:17 AM
I bought that ST Limited as it turned out the factory forgot to install the switch in the switch.

Switch in the switch?

Benggolf
10-14-2013, 09:31 PM
Given the chance to ride my friends's ST Limited, I got to enjoy riding it with the heated grips so much at I eventually bought an STS and had heated grips installed as an added option. It feels great having warm grips especially now in autumn/fall and not having to wear thick gloves. :thumbup: