PDA

View Full Version : dug out the Spyder yesterday.

safecracker
04-07-2013, 08:19 AM
My son and I went and removed the Spyder from winter storage. Battery was dead, thought it would be. No outlets in storage area. Boosted the spyder, started right up. Checked all tire pressures, ok. Took the Spyder for 58 mile run. It was great to be back on the Spyder again. Kept RPM's over 4,500 on the ride. It was a blustery 38 degrees with a strong breeze. I was warmer driving than standing around. Back home, charged the battery overnight and looks like it is good to go. Now I am just waiting for it to warm up a bit more to change oil, grease and clean up. The season has begun!!!!! :yes::)

spyderpoop
04-07-2013, 09:30 AM
I lived in Waterville Maine for 25 years and moved south th the Carolinas as I was tired of the snow and cold so I know what your going thru as My son still lives up their so warm weather and a short season is on its way Rich

Bob Denman
04-07-2013, 09:34 AM
Glad to hear that you're getting back up on three! :2thumbs:

beanoil
04-07-2013, 09:40 AM
My son and I went and removed the Spyder from winter storage. Battery was dead, thought it would be. No outlets in storage area. Boosted the spyder, started right up. Checked all tire pressures, ok. Took the Spyder for 58 mile run. It was great to be back on the Spyder again. Kept RPM's over 4,500 on the ride. It was a blustery 38 degrees with a strong breeze. I was warmer driving than standing around. Back home, charged the battery overnight and looks like it is good to go. Now I am just waiting for it to warm up a bit more to change oil, grease and clean up. The season has begun!!!!! :yes::) Brave one you are.. I wouldn't let a battery run down if I could keep from it. And I assume you did not change oil before storage? If at all possible I'd be changing oil before winter storage, and removing the battery and taking it home to a warm place on a battery tender. Batteries that run down like that will get about 50% less life. I've got a battery in an Aprilia that is beginning it's 7th year. Took it off the tender 2 weeks ago, installed it, and fired the thing up. It tests good, but I know I'm pushing that one. But I am glad your beast is running and you are riding... stay safe.

Can-Am Poogs
04-07-2013, 02:03 PM
Not being able to get my Spyder out the garage yet is making me moody. Last year April 1 was the on the road date for motorcycles. Its looking more like May 1, this year. I had to shovel the driveway again this morning.

gorcutt
04-07-2013, 02:50 PM
Hi Safecracker I am from Noridgewock Maine went out and looked the Spyder over today. Just wating for warm weather. Should be soon I hope.

safecracker
04-07-2013, 03:09 PM
It was stupid of me not to take the battery out, but I have had good luck with batteries. I have 2, 2003 Ski-Doos thet still have their original batteries. Both of my Can-Am atv's, one is a 2004 and the other is a 2005 still have their original batteries. Yes, an oil change is coming when it warms up a bit in my garage.
Gorcutt, You are not that far away. Need to go for a ride some time.

ARtraveler
04-07-2013, 04:57 PM
Congratulations on that first spring ryde. :thumbup:

marinespyder
04-07-2013, 05:02 PM
I know what you are talking about. I just got my back from the dealer friday night. I rode it sat and today. Today I went on ride with a freind. It was great to be back on it. If I could ride all year I wouild. But in CNY its not possible.
Congraluations you got yours out of storage

Chupaca
04-07-2013, 08:59 PM
glad you got up and out the weather will change soon :pray: Clean her up tune her up and hit the road...!!:yes: