PDA

View Full Version : Are we a little different?

Farmbanker
04-05-2013, 08:00 PM
My wife and I have been reading with interest the various posts about folks going to Spyderfest. While we are excited to go, we are also unable to be there on day 1 due to arrangements we need to make for our school aged children. It got us to thinking, how many people going to Spyderfest have children in grade school? This is my first attempt at doing a poll here so please forgive me if this flops badly. ;)

SpyderAnn01
04-05-2013, 08:05 PM
No kids here although I have four legged kids who need to have arrangements made for them when we travel. Quite often that is our biggest expense and worry!

Chupaca
04-05-2013, 08:33 PM
We do have grown kids, also have the four legged kind as we as an 90 year old that have to be taken care of. So we are not going this year the elderly one needs constant watching... :dontknow:

KCPete
04-05-2013, 08:37 PM
No kids here although I have four legged kids who need to have arrangements made for them when we travel. Quite often that is our biggest expense and worry!

Ditto here! 4 canines & 1 feline - we usually try to bribe, cajole, or threaten one or more of the 'kids' to take care of them for Spyderfest....and even when we have to bribe them, it's less than what boarding would cost! :shocked:

Ann, don't need a couple more, do you?? 2 Goldies, a mutt, and a dachshund...??? :yikes::yikes: (No, we didn't quite plan it this way...2 are 'rescues' of sorts...)

Spyder Monkey
04-05-2013, 09:55 PM
Can't make it to spyderfest but I do have a pre teen kiddo at home. I agree that this vehicle is less common among the younger crowd.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Cavman
04-05-2013, 10:44 PM
I have a four legged critter and he is coming to SpyderFest. He guards the truck. Careful where you step/sit in there!
He doesn't always remember to use the litter box....sometimes I think it's on purpose.

Spydee8
04-05-2013, 10:53 PM
We have two, four legged girls. A miniature schnauzer and miniature dachshund...we are staying home. As much as we want to go to SpyderFest, our jobs and girls are keeping us home.

FaranH
04-05-2013, 11:10 PM
Mine are both under 10. And I'm very grateful for grandparents who are helping out & an understanding husband who can't come. It's not easy to plan around all the school & extracurricular activities. nojoke

Wiredux
04-06-2013, 06:13 AM
I have 5 K-9's, one in college and one in grade school. Wife is active duty Marine Corps. I moved my mother in with us a few years ago because I travel all of the time. I will be making the trip to Spyderfest alone this year because of the military schedule and all. I do how ever have to report back on how much fun it will be. With my mother living with us it is nice to have some one here at the house so you can just pack, gas up and go.

GloryRyders
04-06-2013, 06:26 AM
.No kids :yes:............just a four legged little girl (calico persian rescue) that my brother will babysit for us :2thumbs:

StanProff
04-06-2013, 06:55 AM
Boys are grown and on their own . We have a beautiful amazingly smart 3 year old Granddaughter that rules the roost and an awesome grandson that is 3 and a half. No four legged children. Cindy can't come but I will be there. :yes:

Bob Denman
04-06-2013, 08:16 AM
Sonny-Boy is on his own, and the Missus has generously offered to stay home and mind the office... and keep Tink out of trouble! :2thumbs:

my3gs
04-06-2013, 08:22 AM
Yes 1 16 yearold left in the house she will b staing with the exwife at nyt but here to watch the 5 dogs rabbit an the fish. My 16 yearold will cage up there for the wedding Friday nyt.

bruiser
04-06-2013, 08:19 PM
None home. Son is somewhere in Virginia, oldest daughter is in Delaware and young daughter (29 this month) lives in a most wonderful group home. That leaves the four rescued felines. We have a very goodl neighbor who comes over to feed the kids, pick up the mail and paper and look after the house.

joet82
04-06-2013, 11:18 PM
Can't make it to spyderfest but I do have a pre teen kiddo at home. I agree that this vehicle is less common among the younger crowd.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Hey! I resemble that remark! Lol I only have 1 4legged kid and last year she was watched by her 'aunt & uncle', a couple neighbors of mine. This year because I will be driving the truck, company truck that is, she will be in the area...and maybe at a couple events with me, depending on the ability to ryde a Spyder with her. Lol