PDA

View Full Version : 12V plug

Polack
05-02-2008, 01:10 PM
I'm going to have the dealer put in a 12V plug but don't really like the idea of putting it in the trunk. I'll be using it for a GPS and maybe a heated vest.
Any suggestions where to put it (be nice)?

Putt-Putt
05-02-2008, 01:30 PM
I had mine put in the dash. In the lower left by the speedometer.

hevnbound
05-02-2008, 01:36 PM
I'm going to have the dealer put in a 12V plug but don't really like the idea of putting it in the trunk. I'll be using it for a GPS and maybe a heated vest.
Any suggestions where to put it (be nice)?

I have mine on the dash with no problems. It is a BMW style which is smaller than the standard cigar type plug. I'm not sure the one that BRP sells would fit here. It's also switched. The one I have in the trunk is the one that BRP sells and it is hot all the time.

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j207/hevnbound/Powerlet.jpg

Polack
05-02-2008, 02:05 PM
Thanks guys...on the dash it is!
Ride long and prosper!

Danimal
05-02-2008, 03:56 PM
What's the other knob for on the left????

dltang
05-02-2008, 06:30 PM
What's the other knob for on the left????

I was wondering the same thing. Is it a heat troller for heated gear maybe?

bjt
05-02-2008, 06:57 PM

Yep, he had a previous post where he talked about installing the heat control knob there for some heated gear, heated grips I'm thinking.

hevnbound
05-02-2008, 09:00 PM

Close! It's a heat troller for the heated grips. The cord you see on the right side of the handlebar cover is the plug in for my heated gear.

dltang
05-02-2008, 09:32 PM
Close! It's a heat troller for the heated grips. The cord you see on the right side of the handlebar cover is the plug in for my heated gear.

Very cool, I think I want that kind of stuff too...LOL..Actually, I am going to put a powerlet on each side of the dash I think.

Putt-Putt
05-03-2008, 10:31 AM
Thats wear I got mine but on the other side. Glade it got posted for you dltang. Headen back to my cave.

NancysToy
05-04-2008, 06:44 PM

Remind me which heated grips you ended up using-Scotty