PDA

View Full Version : Okies and Spyderfest

Blondie
04-03-2013, 07:52 PM
Hey, fellow Okies. Just wondering if any of you other Okies planning to attend Spyderfest are interested in putting together an OKLAHOMA basket for the Charity gift baskets at Spyderfest. Myself and "my3gs" have both agreed to put in something local to our areas (think he is doing wine and etched glassed and being from Ponca City, I am bring Head Country BBQ products). I have a "basket" to use for our contributions, but would love to include anything else if some one else wants to contribute. I know there are surely more that just 2 couples going to Spyderfest from Oklahoma! Come on guys, we can do something to represent our great State. You can PM if you want. THANKS in advance.

my3gs
04-03-2013, 09:44 PM
:agree::agree: Come on!!

FaranH
04-04-2013, 08:07 AM
And also think about having a table/booth at the Wednesday night meet-ups at the Kickoff Party :yes:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?50581-ATTENTION-New-Activity-at-Spyderfest-this-Year!

Blondie
04-04-2013, 08:23 AM
And also think about having a table/booth at the Wednesday night meet-ups at the Kickoff Party :yes:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?50581-ATTENTION-New-Activity-at-Spyderfest-this-Year!

If I get any response, I will brooch that subject too. Otherwise, I am all for helping at the GOS booth! It's all about the meeting and making new friends!

Bev518
04-05-2013, 08:00 AM
My husband, Ben, and I are from Choctaw, ok. We will be at spyderfest, what can we do to help? We also have a home on Tablerock lake in Branson, so we will be staying and traveling from there. We are excited to be riding with other can-am people for a change.
Beverly and Ben Stillwell

my3gs
04-06-2013, 08:41 AM
Wow come on guys an gals there are 32 of us going from OK let show them the hospitality that we okies have here. All we ask is a little something from are great state to put in a basket for others to enjoy an learn about are state.

Blondie
04-06-2013, 09:13 AM
My husband, Ben, and I are from Choctaw, ok. We will be at spyderfest, what can we do to help? We also have a home on Tablerock lake in Branson, so we will be staying and traveling from there. We are excited to be riding with other can-am people for a change.

So excited to hear from you. There has not been much response from other Oklahoma riders, so anything you want to put in is great. So far, I got a soft side cooler (at least an 8-10 can size) to use for our "basket". We have some local wine and 2 etched glasses. Since I am from Ponca City, I am bringing Head Country bbq products, plus I found a Koozie for OSU and OU. We were kind of thinking Oklahoma specific, but if you have something else you want to contribute, we can put it in our basket. Glad to have you, and looking forward to meeting some Oklahoma riders. I am the only female rider around my area, so I usually ride with Harleys!

Blondie
04-06-2013, 09:19 AM

Great to hear from you all. With you two, we are up to 6 basket participants! Anything you want to put in the "basket" would be great. So far, I have a medium size soft side cooler to use as our "basket". We have some local wine & 2 etched glasses. Being from Ponca City, I am bringing Head Country BBQ products, plus I found both an OSU and OU Koozie. Anything you want to contribute would be great, just something to let the rest of Spyderfest know Oklahomans care too! Some of the other groups have suggested gas cards, food (chain restaurants) cards, so they don't take up much room. But anything would be great.
Hope to see you along the way, and meet you at Spyderfest. We are planning to ride across 60, leaving on Wednesday morning,weather permitting, but guess if it is raining, we will trailer.

Blondie
04-15-2013, 11:27 AM
Great to hear from you all. With you two, we are up to 6 basket participants! Anything you want to put in the "basket" would be great. So far, I have a medium size soft side cooler to use as our "basket". We have some local wine & 2 etched glasses. Being from Ponca City, I am bringing Head Country BBQ products, plus I found both an OSU and OU Koozie. Anything you want to contribute would be great, just something to let the rest of Spyderfest know Oklahomans care too! Some of the other groups have suggested gas cards, food (chain restaurants) cards, so they don't take up much room. But anything would be great.
Hope to see you along the way, and meet you at Spyderfest. We are planning to ride across 60, leaving on Wednesday morning,weather permitting, but guess if it is raining, we will trailer.

Bev: I am going to try and have our Oklahoma basket over at the Vendor Village on Wednesday afternoon (probably late afternoon) if at all possible. If you want to bring something, just look for a red soft side cooler and any contribution would be appreciated. Hope to see and meet you during the "fest". Pam

Bev518
04-17-2013, 09:49 AM
Hey, fellow Okies. Just wondering if any of you other Okies planning to attend Spyderfest are interested in putting together an OKLAHOMA basket for the Charity gift baskets at Spyderfest. Myself and "my3gs" have both agreed to put in something local to our areas (think he is doing wine and etched glassed and being from Ponca City, I am bring Head Country BBQ products). I have a "basket" to use for our contributions, but would love to include anything else if some one else wants to contribute. I know there are surely more that just 2 couples going to Spyderfest from Oklahoma! Come on guys, we can do something to represent our great State. You can PM if you want. THANKS in advance.

Ben and I are bringing Oklahoma lapel pens and lots of interesting brochures to read pertaining to motorcycle riders.

Blondie
04-17-2013, 06:54 PM
Ben and I are bringing Oklahoma lapel pens and lots of interesting brochures to read pertaining to motorcycle riders.

Super. These will go in our "basket" perfectly. I/we plan to get over there Wednesday afternoon. I understand that the baskets go to Vendor Village, so I will try to get it out there Wednesday afternoon if possible, and you can just add your stuff to the rest. It is a red soft side cooler, and I will make up a label so everyone knows it's from Oklahoma.

Bev518
04-26-2013, 11:22 PM
We didn't spot the Oklahoma until Fri in the rain. We have a few things to ad I will bring them to table sat morning