PDA

View Full Version : Installing heated seats on GS

Honey I'm GONE
04-03-2013, 07:45 PM
My husband has bought a 2 piece heated seats for the GS. Do you have to have anything special to hook them up? Can't find any DIY info!!!! HELP!!

Honey I'm GONE
04-04-2013, 09:15 AM
I would highly recommend that you use a relay in your connection or maybe two relays if each seat has it's own switch. I have a heated Russell Day Long on my GS and it is powered from the battery > aux power panel > relay > seat.

I have to ask this question though. I live in Northern IL and I don't use mine unless it is below freezing and even then I don't always use it. A heated seat in Louisiana? :hun:

Well...... I wanted a more comfortable seat & he found a used Corbin seat that just happened to have heat!!!!! Probably won't use it that much. What I really need is AC. Needed a better seat so I can make the ride to SpyderFest in MO. Thanks for your info.

jerpinoy
04-04-2013, 10:23 AM
I don't have heated seat, If I do I'll make sure the relay work to make sure when not needed it does not

drain the battery. Layers of clothing is my alternative to keep me warm during winter.:yes:

ARtraveler
04-04-2013, 02:04 PM
RE: Corbin heated seat. You should be able to go to their website and get a set of installation directions.

oldgoat
04-04-2013, 07:12 PM
I don't have heated seat, If I do I'll make sure the relay work to make sure when not needed it does not

drain the battery. Layers of clothing is my alternative to keep me warm during winter.:yes:

I "think" the relay(s) are there to handle the high current needed, not to stop battery drain if you forget to switch the heaters off (if they are not on a switched circuit)