PDA

View Full Version : Custom Dynamics Tips install on RS-S?

JasonAM
04-03-2013, 06:04 PM
I got the Tips kit for my RSS recently. When ordering, for some unknown reason for the RSS one needs to order the Tips unit meant for the RT not the RS. The installation instructions are very grainy and it looks as though the instruvtions provided have an RT illustrated for the install. I looked up the installation instructions for the RS and that is different than that of the RT. If anyone has installed one of these kits particulary for the RSS plz let me know how to wire this in .

joet82
04-03-2013, 06:53 PM
are you talking the fender tips? if so, they are just LED lights that come from CD and you just replace the bulb with the LED. Or do you mean the 3-way that turns the fenders into turnsignals?

JasonAM
04-03-2013, 07:00 PM
Yeah the kit meant for turning the fenders to turn signal.

joet82
04-03-2013, 09:05 PM
it's easy to install. tap into the wiring on the back of the light sockets on the fenders. plug the other as per the instructions into the wires in the back of the instrument panel. route the wires along the piping and A-Arms using zip ties to secure. but this is how I installed them on my RS. I don't see why they're different than the RT unless it's a different setup cause of the instrument panel.

JasonAM
04-04-2013, 06:35 PM
Got it figured out! Did it all today, looks great along with the brightsides, mud flap lights, and flex channels puts on quite a show just by hitting the turn signal

smporter420
05-23-2014, 01:45 AM
Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk 2