PDA

View Full Version : Question for lighting experts

arntufun
04-02-2013, 09:33 AM
Where does the flash from the rear signal lights come from. Does it come from the the fixture itself or some kind of flashing resistor up in the Spyder somewhere.

Reason for asking is, I'm looking to eliminate my rear signal lights entirely (not in conjuction) and use amber led strips on the grabrails similar to what tricled offers. If the flash of the light comes from in the Spyder somewhere and not the fixture itself than this should work correct ?????

The reason for fixture removal is, I want to use Nelson Rigg 950 bags occasionally with a passenger and I don't like how the bags cover the signal light while they are installed.

mcaccamise
04-02-2013, 10:03 AM
I would guess that there is a flasher can in the fuse box or in the wiring system the signal housing has a bulb and reflector cover same as the tail light bulb and cover hope this helps.
Also some led need a flash controller added to the system to work properly.
Mike

NancysToy
04-02-2013, 10:32 AM
To the best of my knowledge (and according to the wiring diagrams) there is no flasher. It comes from the cluster. I'd hook things up temporarily and test them before I leaped too far.

Chupaca
04-02-2013, 10:52 AM
:agree: disconnect the turn signal hook up the led strip and test the flashing. You may still need a controller. Good luck and pic's when your done...!!:thumbup:

SpyderAnn01
04-02-2013, 11:49 AM
It comes from little elves in a hollow tree