PDA

View Full Version : Free 24-month Roadside Assistance

jthornton
04-01-2013, 08:47 AM
I just got a letter from BRP stating as a new roadster owner I get free emergency roadside assistance for 24 months... that is forward thinking on their part. I hope I never use it.

John

ABQAndy
04-01-2013, 09:21 AM
I just got a letter from BRP stating as a new roadster owner I get free emergency roadside assistance for 24 months... that is forward thinking on their part. I hope I never use it.

John

Has anyone used this roadside service? It would be interesting to know if we could really count on it if we needed it.

Wiredux
04-01-2013, 10:12 AM
It is also part of BEST. You get a tow to the nearest Can-Am Dealer. I have not had to use it. :yes:

MouthPiece
04-01-2013, 11:03 AM
AAA South is located in my town of Sanford, Flarda. (Actually Heathrow, but same thing). It covers changing tire or even hauling spyder to have tire fixed. I have that available as a premier member. Additionally we have this new BRP road assistance. I wonder if that includes tire fix. Bottom line is that it appears that we are covered both ways.

Chris

Blue Star
04-01-2013, 11:08 AM
I believe they bring out a gallon of gas if you run out. Only have to call five or six times for a free tank of gas :banghead: I have not used it yet, but talked to another ryder that did. He said it only covered the first $200.00 of the tow.

Sarge707
04-01-2013, 11:25 AM
I believe they bring out a gallon of gas if you run out. Only have to call five or six times for a free tank of gas :banghead: I have not used it yet, but talked to another ryder that did. He said it only covered the first $200.00 of the tow.

Correct- BRP pays the First $200 - After that its your Dime or Credit Card.
For reference-
Foremost- I was told by the the claims person Now only covers the first $250 .
American Motorcyle Association- For $49 a year WITH automatic renewal covers towing 35 Miles for Car, Spyder, Trailers, (Not Utility-2,000 pd limit). If a dealer is 10 miles away AMA will still tow you 35 Miles to your house IF you so choose. Good Bargain!!!!

Note: Some companies say they will tow you hundreds of miles when in reality if a dealer is 50 miles away- Thats where you get taken too!:dontknow:

Chupaca
04-01-2013, 11:29 AM
AAA covers all our vehicles and as new owner have brp. Have used AAA for cars and is the best but neither for the roadster...is nice to have backup..!!:ohyea:

jerpinoy
04-01-2013, 11:39 AM
I hope nobody will need it, but it's good it's available.

2Paw
04-01-2013, 11:53 AM
Was the letter in French? Mine was, but the brochure was in English.

bcoulter19
04-01-2013, 12:10 PM
I have premier AAA on all my vehicles cover a 100 mile tow and they will bring me gas or chamge a tire etc... I will never go without it and as long as I live my daughters will always have it.

ARtraveler
04-01-2013, 03:07 PM
Curious to know if that includes Alaska. I could see some interesting scenarios here. How many days for the tow vehicle to arrive? :roflblack: :popcorn::popcorn:

jthornton
04-01-2013, 04:41 PM
Was the letter in French? Mine was, but the brochure was in English.

They must have thought you were close enough to Louisiana to send you a French letter...

John

jthornton
04-01-2013, 04:43 PM
Curious to know if that includes Alaska. I could see some interesting scenarios here. How many days for the tow vehicle to arrive? :roflblack: :popcorn::popcorn:

If it is snowing do they show up on a Polaris with a sled behind? It did say it was a large network of people... might be the same people the rental truck/cars use.

John

Rockwall
04-01-2013, 07:31 PM
I have Progressive Insurance for my Spyder so between the new BRP Roadside Assist, Progressive, and AAA I should be safe. Hopefully that means I'll never need it.:doorag:

arntufun
04-01-2013, 08:16 PM
AAA South is located in my town of Sanford, Flarda. (Actually Heathrow, but same thing). It covers changing tire or even hauling spyder to have tire fixed. I have that available as a premier member. Additionally we have this new BRP road assistance. I wonder if that includes tire fix. Bottom line is that it appears that we are covered both ways.

Chris

Are you sure ??????

We just signed up last week and we were told that AAA Premier does not cover the Spyder (motorcycle). The only plan they offer that covers a motorcycle is AAA Plus RV.

I would hate to see you folks with Premier, Plus or Basic AAA break down (with your Spyder) and think you are covered, when in fact you arn't. I'm only relaying what I was told and this below is from their website which leads me to believe it's true. :thumbup:

AAA PlusŪ RV
Along with all the benefits of AAA PlusŪ, AAA PlusŪRV covers your motorcycle, motor home, 2 or 4 wheeled trailer (excluding livestock trailers) and pickup with camper. AAA PlusŪRV may be added to or removed from your Basic or PlusŪMembership only at the time of renewal.

Sarge707
04-01-2013, 08:53 PM
Are you sure ??????

We just signed up last week and we were told that AAA Premier does not cover the Spyder (motorcycle). The only plan they offer that covers a motorcycle is AAA Plus RV.

I would hate to see you folks with Premier, Plus or Basic AAA break down (with your Spyder) and think you are covered, when in fact you arn't.

AAA PlusŪ RV
Along with all the benefits of AAA PlusŪ, AAA PlusŪRV covers your motorcycle, motor home, 2 or 4 wheeled trailer (excluding livestock trailers) and pickup with camper. AAA PlusŪRV may be added to or removed from your Basic or PlusŪMembership only at the time of renewal.

And Then Quiz the Representatives Supervisor IF they cover YOUR state- I was already to go with AAA Plus RV and was told by the supervisor I asked to verify that AAA does NOT cover Trikes in CT anymore!!!!nojoke

lyonsden
04-01-2013, 09:29 PM
The best deal I could find was Good Sam RV Roadside Service. Looks like they will tow anything I own. The distance is worded like this in the brochure.

"Our 24-hour, 365-days-a-year dispatch center is available with
one toll-free call. There are no pre-set mileage or dollar limits.
When you call for service, Good Sam Roadside Assistance pays
100% of the towing fees for the delivery of your vehicle to the
nearest professional service center capable and willing to repair
your vehicle."

That paragraph was why I chose them. $80 first yr $100 a year after that.

http://www.goodsamroadside.com/images/pdf/B%2021256.pdf

MouthPiece
04-02-2013, 10:34 AM
I think that if you will find on your AAA card the following:

"Premier Motorcycle"

that you spyder is covered AND your trailer as well.

It costs about $35.00 (at least for me) over and above the "Premier" status.

Additionally, this is in reference to AAA South which only includes certain states and I believe a couple of provinces.

Chris