PDA

View Full Version : 1st Owners Group jacket

spyder1
04-29-2008, 07:13 AM
Size medium...wife wore it once but too big for her. Would like to trade it for size small.

Buelldog
04-29-2008, 01:12 PM
I also had an Owner's jacket that was too large.......tried to do an advertised trade out.....no takers! So rather than have a collector's item hanging in the closet I took it too a canvas shop and had them take an inch and a half off the sleeves and a half an inch off both side seams.Lost the sleeve zippers.....they are partially there but can't be used.On the sides they only went up a few inches but at least the jacket can now be worn ......nobody really notices the mods.A regular tailor shop would not touch it.......sewing machine too light duty.Job cost me $25......but the lady said she did not want anymore as material is tough!!

bjt
04-29-2008, 05:57 PM
If I had a small, I would almost surely trade it to you. I wore the jacket at first but once I decided I wanted a armored, vented jacket and found one, the 1st Owners Group jacket stays in the closet. I got a really nice Tourmaster jacket for about $170 that is wind and water proof, has tons of venting that seems to work really well and I can zip up those vents and insert the nice warm liner and ride comfortably in 30o - 40o temps.