PDA

View Full Version : Heated Hand Grips

Putt-Putt
04-28-2008, 04:51 PM
With all the electronic wizardry :spyder: on the Spyder. I was planning on putting Heated Handgrips on, and doing it just like I have on my 4 wheelers. So now I here of this power buss thing. Do you really need to have one of them to put heated grips on? You should be able to hook it direct to the battery with no problems right? But it would be really nice if you could hook it to the ignition. So when the engine is turned off so would be the grips? I really like the ones from Symtec As they work & look really good, like they are factory installed. :dontknow: :spyder:

2faston3
04-28-2008, 05:49 PM
Put-Put:

There is an accessory fuse in the fuse panel that you could hook up your grips to. So no need to do anything special. There is a acc fuse panel you could purchase through Evolutione (which I used) to wire up your grips and anything else you care to.

2faston3

bjt
04-28-2008, 07:00 PM
You could hook up to the battery without any problems but, as you stated, there would be constant power to your heated grips. I also have the Evoluzione powerbus on my Spyder and I like it a lot. It is fed off its own 30 amp fuse, has 6 fused slots for auxilary connections and ties in with the switched accessory circuit of the Spyder so that everything fed by the powerbus only works when the Spyder key is turned on. It's not necessary but it works great.

Putt-Putt
04-30-2008, 06:31 PM
Thanks guys I really appreciate. :bigthumbsup: