PDA

View Full Version : Craigslist Question

Woody
03-31-2013, 09:33 AM
When I go to post an ad in multiple cities using my account, it blocks me from doing so. Yet, when I am shopping (for Spyders), I see the same ads in multiple cities. What is the "work-around"?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

r1100rider
03-31-2013, 09:40 AM
When I go to post an ad in multiple cities using my account, it blocks me from doing so. Yet, when I am shopping (for Spyders), I see the same ads in multiple cities. What is the "work-around"?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HDSlow down your posting and change the wording slightly

Woody
03-31-2013, 09:58 AM
Slow down???? Meaning?

arntufun
03-31-2013, 02:14 PM
Craigslist detects if your posting the same or similar ads in multiple citys. You will have to space the times out and change the ads a little in each city so it will not detect it. :thumbup:

It works for me when I list my Spyder in every city for 2k. I will ship it after you wire me the money to my account in Nigeria. :joke:

pro10is
03-31-2013, 11:46 PM
Craigslist uses sophisticated software to automatically filter through all ads in all cities daily. Their intent is to significantly reduce spam. If you're just trying to post a single ad in more than one city with no intention of spamming then you could try an image based ad. This is done by developing your ad within a jpeg and posting that instead of text. It's much harder to detect a jpeg than similar text. Your title will need to be different. Do this at your own risk, craigslist does not like people trying to skirt their rules and you may loose your membership. Also be aware that craigslist members can also flag duplicate ads for removal. I suggest running your ad in one area one week and another area the next week. This is allowed.